Gastelum made $150,000 for that beating

ufc schill detected
1. It's shill, not schill. If you are going to make spurious accusations, at least try to come off as semi-educated.
2. How am I a shill when I stated that UFC fighters should be paid more and that UFC fighters should unionize? Did you even think about that before your silly knee jerk reaction?

Last edited:
He got PPV points, FotN, and that sweet Rebok $$$. After taxes/camp/manager, he most likely cleared more than 150k.

1. It's shill, not shill. If you are going to make spurious accusations, at least try to come off as semi-educated.
2. How am I a shill when I stated that UFC fighters should be paid more and that UFC fighters should unionize? Did you even think about that before your silly knee jerk reaction?

sorry
<DCrying>

RealCorruptKakapo-small.gif

That's a ridiculous comparison. Those jobs aren't bringing in revenue for their employer.

People who compare entertainment, and sports salaries to jobs like being a doctor, or a cop don't seem to understand that those professions don't make big bucks because they're not making other people richer. It's not about the importance of the job.

A baseball team can pay a layer large sums of money because that's their market value, and they have that kind of money because of the draw of the players.
The best apples to apples comparison would be boxing, where PPV main event fighters are making millions in most cases. (But lower down the card can make a measly amount of chump change)

Next best would be lucrative team sports, as the athletes are the main draw making millions for their franchises. If I recall correctly the revenue/profit share is about 50/50 between the athletes and the organizations, and again if I recall correctly, I believe I heard that the UFC gives out 13% to fighters. (I can't post a source but 13% would be a fairly random number for me to fabricate out of thin air and I have a distinct memory of that figure)

Bottom line, if Dana is able to drop over a million on his kid's birthday party then main event fighters in title fights should be getting WAY MORE than 150k.

A cool million for a title fight sounds about right, at least 500k, and that should be flat rate, none of this you get paid half if you lose shit. Kelvin fought like a damn warrior and came up just slightly short, he bled and went to the hospital, certainly got a concussion if not multiple concussions as he was dropped several times after having been hit hard enough to destroy his equilibrium.

As someone who knows that sadly many many boxing world champions retire broke (especially older generation fighters and lower weight classes) and have physical issues, bad knees, CTE, headaches, insomnia, pain, addiction etc... I would like to see fighters be sufficiently financially rewarded for the damage and risks they take for our entertainment.

Kelvin made 150k in exchange for 10 years off of his life? Sounds right up the UFC's alley, nothings changed.

mighty mouse is billion times more fun and his style was million times more exciting.

Mighty Mouse is also the most well rounded MMA fighter of all time an he made less money than Adensaya.

lmfao

you need WWE skills if you wants to make any money as an ufc fighter.

You think Jones has WWE skills?

Kelvin made 150k in exchange for 10 years off of his life? Sounds right up the UFC's alley, nothings changed.

He got a $50K FotN bonus, and he got paid some sort of $ per PPV because he was a co-headliner so he made more than his base of $150K.

there havent been discretionary bonuses since WME took over.

UFC/MMA money is shit.
<2>

Even my brother makes more money than some ufc fighters, and hes just some random 3. divison soccer player

Kelvin will never be the same after this fight.

The best he can hope for is to be a guest at Dana Whites kid birthday bash.

This isn't even factoring in camp costs. These guys sometimes spend in the tens of thousands in hopes of that million dollar check

A lot of people get their ass beat for no money, so there's that.

there havent been discretionary bonuses since WME took over.

UFC/MMA money is shit.
<2>

Even my brother makes more money than some ufc fighters, and hes just some random 3. divison soccer player
Well Sherbros will kill me for saying it but MMA isn't that big of a sport really.

sherdoggers insist $ be given per damage/received.

It must be calculated by the amount of total and significant strikes.

That's 2 or 3 times a police officer make in a year.
That's 3 times those firefighters who were saving the Notre Dame yesterday make in a year.
It's 5 times a sergeant in the army make in a year.

I think Castellum is doing just fine with his money.
except those guys aren’t bringing in tens of millions of dollars and any retard can join the military or police force .

Back