Media Gastelum Considering Return to Welterweight, Hiring Dietician

Good for him. He honestly should have gotten away from moms cooking a long time ago. I think he realizes he only has so much career left and really needs to take it serious.

It's all up to him,if he does this and comits,a leaner 170 Gastelum could do really good in that division.

He should've been a WW his entire career but could never put down the fork.

Huge fan of the dude so this is great news. I truly believe he would've been a champion at 170, hopefully he's still got enough gas left in the tank to make a run at it.

Last edited:
All those years he wasted at 185 when he could've just got his diet under control and probably had fought for the belt by now. He gave Izzy a good fight though.
I don't think its necessarily a waste of time, could be good for his body that he wasn't cutting all that weight these years. Robbie fought at 185 outside the UFC and only returned to 170 once he returned and he looked great. Then again Robbie was always in amazing shape regardless of the division while Gastelum has looked less disciplined over the years.

Reactions: Gio
I've always thought he was overrated but he matches up really well against Usman....

looooooooool this is like seven years too late

didn't the UFC hire a dietician for him after he won TUF?? this will do nothing for him

even at WW Usman will be bigger and stronger than him

3 years too late, not saying he can't be a problem to alot of 170ers but he should've made the move ( the dietitian ) long ago

He should've been a WW his entire career but could never put down the fork.

Huge fan of the dude so this is great news. I truly believe he would've been a champion at 170, hopefully he's still got enough gas left in the tank to make a run at it.
Yeah, that man has taken a lot of unnecessary beating in order to consume some extra calories

The greatest overachiever in mma? What he accomplished at 185 despite being clearly undersized is unreal.
Greatest overachiever title goes to the Derrick Lewis. The guy's resume is way better than someone would think it'd be.

Back