Media Gastelum Considering Return to Welterweight, Hiring Dietician

Dietici is a famous Italian striking coach for those who are confused.

tumblr_ob8zacPjHg1tx8dnyo1_400.gif

? Colby has done a ton more and doesn't cut

I don’t think Colby can make 155, he wrestled in high school at 171 and in college at 174 didn’t he? I think the lowest weight he ever made was 165 as a freshman.

Well it's about time Kelvin.

-- I'll believe it when I SEE it.

See if the pudgy man can actually change his diet and quit all the tacos and burritos and tortas and all that stuff and COMMIT to losing 15lbs of mainly fat. It should not be *that* hard for an alleged pro athlete. Ramp up roadwork / swimming / biking / treadmill, and fix the stupid mexican food diet.
Moving location is a GOOD thing and is Step #1.

#ShowUsYoureSeriousAt170Kelvin.

A little bit late ain’t it?
He is just turning 30 this year I believe. If his incredible chin hasn't been too worn down then he DEFINITELY has time to make some noise at 170. Robbie Lawler was the reigning champ not so long ago.

He is just turning 30 this year I believe. If his incredible chin hasn't been too worn down then he DEFINITELY has time to make some noise at 170. Robbie Lawler was the reigning champ not so long ago.
Robbie is one of my all time favorites, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a little bit of extra help during that reign. Also, judges…

The greatest overachiever in mma? What he accomplished at 185 despite being clearly undersized is unreal.
Unreal? I don't think his resume is that great.

He gave Izzy a hell of a fight, and he beat a bunch of washed up fighters. Don't get me wrong, he did well at MW, but far from unreal.

The greatest overachiever in mma? What he accomplished at 185 despite being clearly undersized is unreal.
I wouldn’t say it’s unreal. He had some good performances. But you could make the argument that he’s had more disappointing performances than good ones.

I mean, he hasn't really achieved a lot lol
He's good, but his best claim to fame is amost beating Adesanya. His resumé isn't crazy.
Compare that to someone like DC who was way more undersized, started MMA late, small in 2 different divisions, etc

Moving out of Arizona? I thought he moved out of Cali? And if he is training with Henry why would he leave Arizona?

Didn't he work with Dolce for a fight or two, then fire him because he was too expensive?

After which he started missing weight and had to move up to middleweight. Kelvin is the exact type of food addicted fighter who would benefit from being babysat by someone like Dolce.

Remember when he was in the coaches challenge on TUF and was puking after running a mile and had to finish the race walking? That's just f'ing pathetic lol. He's one of those guys that has to be in good shape to have a good performance and at this point I don't know if 170 is a great idea basically having half his camp focused on making weight. Idk, I blame him though, he's already missed weight enough and can't seem to stay disciplined.

It just seems worthless to me, he goes down and makes weight then misses weight a few times ruining shit just to go back up to 185? I got little faith in him consistently making 170. I think that ship his sailed but I also think it is or would have been his best chance at a title if he didn't constantly blow it. I mean, this is a guy that came in at 180 for a 170 lb fight.

Last edited:
Back