Garbrandt seems unmotivated and lackadaisical

Hmm, it's hard to tell really. Cody has always seemed to be the type of fighter who excels when emotional (the Cruz fight is a great example), so it's a legit question. Not participating in the open workouts is a warning sign, but that could be due to other reasons as well.

I'm sure he's motivated. The Alpha Male beef with Dillashaw, the loss in their first fight. I am a fan of all of the TAM guys, and I want Cody to get his belt back.

I just think that KO has wrecked him mentally, plus now having a family adds increased pressure to succeed & if his body is as wrecked as some suggestions are hinting at he's in big trouble especially as I'm not sure he'll ever recover from a second KO loss to TJ.

Actually seems grounded, calm and focused # dangerous

Can't wait- a literal coin flip fight....and I usually don't get this amped for the little guys

Backing TJ, but I certainly hope Cody comes in able to scrap properly.

He reproduced, that wreaks havoc on male fighters
http://healthland.time.com/2011/09/13/why-do-dads-have-lower-levels-of-testosterone/
Plunging testosterone may help a man commit to his family and reinforce his focus on caregiving, amping up his sensitivity to his children’s needs. “If this weren’t something that had been normative in humans for the last 100,000 or more years, there would be no reason to expect this decline in testosterone,” says lead author Lee Gettler, a biological anthropologist and doctoral candidate in Northwestern’s Department of Anthropology.

I have to admit though losing to TJ seems to have made Cody a lot more likeble, wouldn't be nearly so aggrieved by him winning the rematch now provided we got a third fight.

He just seems more grounded and mature now. Not sure if that will be good for his fight game, but not a horrible thing for his life.

Cody seems extremely focused to me. Only beating TJ counts now after his previous loss. He is really a man with a mission.

He does seem a little flat, doesn’t he? Hopefully he’s maturing and not already getting one foot out the door.

I've actually got the exact opposite impression.

He does seem more relaxed, but he also seems more confident. Not the brash confidence, but the quiet type.

He just seems more comfortable in his skin to me.
I agree with this. After the Cruz fight I don’t think I’ll ever underestimate necktats again. Don’t personally like him but I have a feeling he gets the win

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

TJ Dillashaw, Killashaw, Dolla Dolla Billashaw has officially taken his soul.

He will never be the same after getting slumped to the canvass and TJ screaming God knows what in his face immediately after.

I think it’s pretty obvious he’s having ptsd. Not too long ago he was rising on top of the world. Then he got bit by a snake.

He was coming off surgery "couch" first fight. Lets hope we get different result.

He could just be hungry from the cut and that's causing his seemingly perfunctory interview

After losing he decided to pump the breaks and approach this thing in a more reserved manner. I believe he is motivated and determined but needs to be more focused and patient in the fight which is why he has this current persona.

He might have changed.
A loss does that to you (put things in perspective).
he also accomplished what he wanted (became the champion) and probably that gave him also financial stability.
He also procreated and probably started revisiting his life habits...

Yeah, it can take away from what drove him before. Or it could help him become less predictable, since he is not reacting with his anger all the time.

or all the above could be utter BS as well.
Hard to make the claims he did last fight after you've been KTFO by your opponent.

its good that he is looking at his health but he really hasn't been fighting in the UFC that long so unless he has another means of income or his wife is rich or some shit he still has a way to go before he can retire comfortably judging by the way he lives

I see a calmer, more focused and less emotional Cody. RIP Dillasnake.

He's is sooo pissed Cody got the rematch...lol.

Maybe. He went overboard with the mean mugging and fake hate on Dillasnake. I don't have stats to back me up, but seems like usually the calm fighters do better than the hyper fake anger ones.

I hate to agree, but Cody’s demeanor is very unsettling

He ain’t fighting much longer? Dudes only just turned 27 and only had 12 fights.

These guys ain’t cut from the same cloth anymore.

Back