Garbrandt seems unmotivated and lackadaisical

Martialarts123

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Before his loss, he ate, slept, and breathed fighting, wether it was a random guy in the street or Conor McGregor, he just wanted to FIGHT. Now, in his interviews, he’s talking about fighter pay and not wanting to fight for too much longer because he has kids to watch after, and he’s talking about how hard training is on his body, and that he doesn’t care what TJ has to say. He’s barely mentioned the fight once. TJ, on the other hand, seems incredibly invested. Thoughts?

24f9vzp.gif

I see a calmer, more focused and less emotional Cody. RIP Dillasnake.

He's is sooo pissed Cody got the rematch...lol.

That sort of talk is never good.

I agree with you. A fighter like Cody isn't cerebral. He needs the fire to go out there, taunt, get angry. If he is talking about fighter pay, that is it.

TS just wanted to show off with "lackadaisical"

TIL what lackadaisical means

I picked up on that as well. Cody could win, but when fighters look/talk unenthusiastic it concerns me that they’re not mentally there.....compounded with the lack of open workout makes me wonder if he’s hiding an injury.

I don’t have a favorite in this one hope he brings his a game regardless.

seems to me like hes making an effort not to promote the fight so tj doesnt get paid

Getting KO'd by a 60 year old Van Damme can have an impact on a fighter's ego.

Now, in his interviews, he’s talking about fighter pay and not wanting to fight for too much longer because he has kids to watch after, and he’s talking about how hard training is on his body,

Woah sounds like floyd mayweather. Colby by masterclass

i used to think pitchers who threw to first base to keep the base runner in check must not be very good pitchers, because they weren't focusing enough on the batters.

i was about 6.

this thread is roughly equivalent.

He’ll seem highly motivated when he just let me bangs all over the little snake in the grass Saturday.

So because he's aware of the damage and long term harm a sport like MMA can have on him, wants fighters to get compensated for putting their bodies on the line, and that he'd rather make as much money as he can in his prime years without taking a lot of damage he seems unmotivated?

I'm all for Fighters fighting, but Health is paramount, and it's usually a good sign when a fighter has their health in mind, especially long term. Cody might not be the smartest, but he'll be better off later on in life than someone like Justin Gaethje who just embraces the CTE he might get every fight.

TIL what lackadaisical means
adjective
  1. without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic:a lackadaisical attempt.
  2. lazy; indolent:a lackadaisical fellow.

Before his loss, he ate, slept, and breathed fighting, wether it was a random guy in the street or Conor McGregor, he just wanted to FIGHT. Now, in his interviews, he’s talking about fighter pay and not wanting to fight for too much longer because he has kids to watch after, and he’s talking about how hard training is on his body, and that he doesn’t care what TJ has to say. He’s barely mentioned the fight once. TJ, on the other hand, seems incredibly invested. Thoughts?
Also skipped his open workout to do a Q&A. Maybe the rumors of him being physically wrecked are true.

That's what happens when you don't cum for three months.

Back