Garbrandt seems unmotivated and lackadaisical

So because he's aware of the damage and long term harm a sport like MMA can have on him, wants fighters to get compensated for putting their bodies on the line, and that he'd rather make as much money as he can in his prime years without taking a lot of damage he seems unmotivated?

I'm all for Fighters fighting, but Health is paramount, and it's usually a good sign when a fighter has their health in mind, especially long term. Cody might not be the smartest, but he'll be better off later on in life than someone like Justin Gaethje who just embraces the CTE he might get every fight.

Agree.

Sure you can perceive his mindset this time as "not invested". On the flip side though, maybe this is a more mature, smarter, more engaged Cody now that he has a child. He's worried about Cody, not TJ.

My point is, saying he isn't as motivated is 100% speculation with zero fact.

There's a very simple reason using actual logic to explain his behavior:

TJ took his soul

What? Garbrandt seems to be more focused than ever.

Seriously like the worst possible decision for an elite fighter in their prime

Your hormone levels literally plummet. Not to even mention to the mental factors
DC, Jon Jones, two of the baddest ever, also two dads.

He also said he fought TJ "coming off the couch". So stupid. If that's true then he was being incredibly stupid then. Not reassuring words if I'm rooting for him in the rematch.
"Oh, so in his first defense against a big rival he didn't bother to take it seriously but this time it is different".

If it's not true and only the excuse it sounds like, it's an extremely stupid excuse so I'd hope he does not believe in it himself then.

He got knocked the fuck out after talking all that BS. Of course he's calmer now, actually not calmer but humbled probably.

I think he will try to be more patient in this fight, to the point where the crowd will be booing. TJ neutralized Cody's big right (except once) in the last fight, so Cody will probably be looking to do more GSP-type jabbing to wear TJ down. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cody takes him down or tries to, to open TJ up for strikes later. TJ needs to stay aggressive.

Before his loss, he ate, slept, and breathed fighting, wether it was a random guy in the street or Conor McGregor, he just wanted to FIGHT. Now, in his interviews, he’s talking about fighter pay and not wanting to fight for too much longer because he has kids to watch after, and he’s talking about how hard training is on his body, and that he doesn’t care what TJ has to say. He’s barely mentioned the fight once. TJ, on the other hand, seems incredibly invested. Thoughts?
This could be another case where someone viewed themselves as invincible, then were broken mentally when they finally lost. We'll see.

He also said he fought TJ "coming off the couch". So stupid. If that's true then he was being incredibly stupid then. Not reassuring words if I'm rooting for him in the rematch.
"Oh, so in his first defense against a big rival he didn't bother to take it seriously but this time it is different".

If it's not true and only the excuse it sounds like, it's an extremely stupid excuse so I'd hope he does not believe in it himself then.

But I think he meant that in relation to his back injury and not a lack of motivation.

But I think he meant that in relation to his back injury and not a lack of motivation.
Oh yeah, you are probably right then. I don't remember his injury history. Good thing, makes the excuse less stupid
I just saw an embedded or something like that and found the excuse "I fought him coming off the couch" very bad.

I picked up on that as well. Cody could win, but when fighters look/talk unenthusiastic it concerns me that they’re not mentally there.....compounded with the lack of open workout makes me wonder if he’s hiding an injury.

I don’t have a favorite in this one hope he brings his a game regardless.

Yea Forrest Griffin used to be the kind of sounded unenthusiastic. He would even say things like "He's probably going to knock me out".

Priorities change.. Glad to see shifts toward family

Back