Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

but there was a big twist I've highlighted in red.
That's a huge deal, especially for the sub $250 CPU buyers (especially considering AMD and Nvidia have basically abandoned the entry level dedicated GPU market the last 4 years).

They interviewd someone high up at Intel a few weeks ago and he even admitted that the lack of basic IGPU for ryzen 3000 and 5000 was a large reason why chips like the 10100, 10400, and 11400 where best sellers for Intel (didn't force the budget buyers into a dedicated GPU right off the bat).

AMD didn't help the situation either with there mess (3300/3300X came out a year late and didn't have out of the box support for most B450/X470 motherboards and chip shortage in 2020 basically meant 5000 series was reserved for $300 and up CPUs).

Last edited:
Lisa Su at Computex said "AM4 is a great platform that will continue for many years to come". I wonder what AMD's plans are for AM4. Are they going to keep lower end hardware like Athlon's on AM4 but have all the high end on like R7's on AM5?

Last edited:
Lisa Su at Computex said "AM4 is a great platform that will continue for many years to come". I wonder what AMD's plans are for AM4. Are they going to keep lower end hardware like Athlon's on AM4 but have all the high end on like R7's on AM5?
Probably just means they'll continue bug fixing AGESA and releasing chipset drivers. Also means there not immediately stopping AM4 CPU production, will probably keep producing it throughout the year and sell remaining supply all during 2023.

Would also give OEMs and business partners a little more time to continue making AM4-based products for low cost markets, entry business PCs.

I don't think the plan is to make low-end and midrange on AM4 and pump AM5 for mostly higher, would be illogical on there part (Intel will have a much superior low-mid range on 13th gen Raptor Lake all with more modern features, no way AMDs plan is to counter with 2 year old technology on a dated platform).

Last edited:
Probably just means they'll continue bug fixing AGESA and releasing chipset drivers. Also means there not immediately stopping AM4 CPU production, will probably keep producing it throughout the year and sell remaining supply all during 2023.

Would also give OEMs and business partners a little more time to continue making AM4-based products for low cost markets, entry business PCs.

I don't think the plan is to make low-end and midrange on AM4 and pump AM5 for mostly higher, would be illogical on there part (Intel will have a much superior low-mid range on 13th gen Raptor Lake all with more modern features, no way AMDs plan is to counter with 2 year old technology on a dated platform).

The 4000 series Athlon's popped up on CPU-Z in January, that might be what she was talking about. But with the 10100F sitting at around $90 lately, they'll have to come in under $65 to be viable.

I simply think it has more to do with the fact AMD decided to go all-in on DDR5 RAM with their new AM5 socket. As that Anandtech article I posted emphasized:
Anandtech said:
AM5 also brings quad-channel (128-bit) DDR5 support to AMD's platforms, which promises a significant boost in memory bandwidth. And, in an interesting move, AMD is offering only DDR5 support. Unlike Intel, whom we saw support both DDR5 and DDR4 with its Alder Lake platform last year, AMD is not including any kind of support for older memory formats here.

So the AM4 socket will get continuing attention for a bit longer due to the simple fact DDR5 RAM remains prohibitely expensive, or isn't even available in some parts of the world.

ASUS's ROG Swift is the 'world's first' 500Hz G-Sync gaming monitor
2c8e6320-db48-11ec-a7db-6725ee0f64f6.cf.webp

ASUS has unveiled what it calls the "world's first" 500Hz G-Sync gaming display, the 1080p ROG Swift 500Hz. Designed for competitive gaming, it uses an "E-TN" (eSports TN) panel and incorporates NVIDIA's G-Sync eSports to maximize motion it clarity. It also uses NVIDIA's Reflex Analyzer technology that delivers real-time stats to help you reduce end-to-end latency if you're using a Reflex-optimized mouse and NVIDIA GPU...The company is also promising 60 percent better response times than standard TN panels, thanks to the new eSports TN tech.
giphy.gif

Finally got rid of my piece of shit H510 case and got a Phanteks P400A. Huge difference in CPU and GPU temps.
I just bought a nr200p. Smaller in real life than it looked in the 50 vids i watched. 18 litres in total and a lot smaller than my last case the versa h18.

I just googled your case thats pretty nice. Is that room for 3 140mm fans in the front?

Im kinda regretting not going for the lian li a4-h20 at 11 litres but I was worried about thermals. No room for tower cooler and I dont want to mess with AIO coolers.

Only one game exists in the esports space that breaches and stays above 500fps.

Apex Legends is also a Source engine game. However it experiences far less frames so we'll see a noticeable difference in these narrow graphs. In CSGO, reflex will see minuscule to no improvement for the frames keep up to the displays refresh rate rendering reflex useless.

I just bought a nr200p. Smaller in real life than it looked in the 50 vids i watched. 18 litres in total and a lot smaller than my last case the versa h18.

I just googled your case thats pretty nice. Is that room for 3 140mm fans in the front?

Im kinda regretting not going for the lian li a4-h20 at 11 litres but I was worried about thermals. No room for tower cooler and I dont want to mess with AIO coolers.

I believe it's actually three 120MM fans. My case is hid behind my desk so I don't care about size. Are you trying to make the case fit somewhere in particular?

I believe it's actually three 120MM fans. My case is hid behind my desk so I don't care about size. Are you trying to make the case fit somewhere in particular?
The temps in the H510 were that bad? It seems to be a pretty popular case.

The temps in the H510 were that bad? It seems to be a pretty popular case.
I remember when Steve really lit into the H510 Elite. I think partly it was because it was so much more expensive, and it actually borked the one thing reviewers like himself singled out for improvement with the H500 (the H510 was just the H500 with USB-C front ports and a few other improvements, IIRC). They'd given the H500 a generally positive review, so the unrestrained attack on the H510 Elite conveyed that Steve was drawing a line in the sand; firing a shot that let all case manufacturers know there wouldn't be any quarter given for corporate indifference to the primary point of performance concern in a gaming computer case: the thermals.

1_cpu_nzxt-h510-elite_only.png

6_gpu_nzxt-h510-elite_only.png

H500 vs. H510 Elite: CPU temps improved slightly
h500-cpu-all.png

H500 vs. H510 Elite: GPU Temps worsened significantly
h500-gpu-all.png

7_gpu_nzxt-h510-elite_all.png

I remember when Steve really lit into the H510 Elite. I think partly it was because it was so much more expensive, and it actually borked the one thing reviewers like himself singled out for improvement with the H500 (the H510 was just the H500 with USB-C front ports and a few other improvements, IIRC). They'd given the H500 a generally positive review, so the unrestrained attack on the H510 Elite conveyed that Steve was drawing a line in the sand; firing a shot that let all case manufacturers know there wouldn't be any quarter given for corporate indifference to the primary point of performance concern in a gaming computer case.

1_cpu_nzxt-h510-elite_only.png

6_gpu_nzxt-h510-elite_only.png

H500 vs. H510 Elite: CPU temps improved slightly
h500-cpu-all.png

H500 vs. H510 Elite: GPU Temps worsened significantly
h500-gpu-all.png

7_gpu_nzxt-h510-elite_all.png

He shredded that case and it deserved every bit of it.

I wonder if they made the H510 Flow in response to that. Steve said it's a good case now that the price is around $80. I'd still spend an extra $20 though for the 4000D Airflow.

I've been wanting to build a gaming PC for a while, but with graphic card prices going crazy, it's been on hold.

The RTX 3000 TI series looks to be down to MSRP with a discount, but with all of the different varients and price ranges, I'm really not sure. Is it safe to buy now or is there still room for them to come down? I'm not really in a hurry so I do t mind waiting.

I've been wanting to build a gaming PC for a while, but with graphic card prices going crazy, it's been on hold.

The RTX 3000 TI series looks to be down to MSRP with a discount, but with all of the different varients and price ranges, I'm really not sure. Is it safe to buy now or is there still room for them to come down? I'm not really in a hurry so I do t mind waiting.

IMO now is the time to buy. They could possibly go lower but I wouldn't want to risk it. Then again the 4000 series is supposed to be coming out soon so who knows. If it was me I'd be doing it right now. Steam summer sale is currently going so you'll have plenty of deals on games to really test out the new system.