Game of thrones .

I didn't think it was evident that Jon Snow was the main character from the get go. I felt like it happened gradually over time, it wasn't until the end of Season 4 that he started to feel like the main guy, after the battle at the Wall and when Stannis goes North to help the Night's Watch. The vibe towards him felt completely different after that point to me.

Dany definitely felt like one immediately. There's a few interesting contrasts between the two.

How will GoT end?

In a Hollywood ending, I would say;
Bran, Jon and Dany control the dragons and defeat the Night King.
Jon marries Dany and they rule the kingdom.
Sandor kills Gregor and marries Sansa.
Arya kills Cersei and marries Gendry.
Jaime marries Brienne.

In a GoT ending;
Jon is killed.
Dany finds out she's carrying Jon's child.
Cersei kills Sansa and joins forces with the Night King.
Cersei tries to kill Dany and Jorah defends her.
Jorah is killed by Gregor.
Sandor kills Gregor but is mortally wounded in the fight.
Arya kills Cersei.
Jaime and Brienne die together fighting the Night King.
Everyone except Dany and Sam die in the fighting as she finally defeats the Night King with information Sam provides.
She gets the Iron Throne with nobody to rule over and only Sam to share it with.

How will GoT end?

In a GoT ending;
Jon is killed.
Arya kills Cersei.
Everyone except Dany and Sam die in the fighting as she finally defeats the Night King with information Sam provides.
She gets the Iron Throne with nobody to rule over and only Sam to share it with.

Not enough death. Some of them need to be killed, brought back and killed again to make it as depressing as a real GOT story line.

Main characters have always been Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Dany, Jon, Bran and Arya (and maybe Sansa).

Likes of Tywin, Robb, Ned, Stannis etc etc obviously were important too, but not in the same league as the others. The series is ultimately about the Stark/Lannister/Targaryan children.

If the main characters are those listed then no main character has died ever since all those listed are still alive.

Like I said main characters change depending on the season of the show. In season 1 (his only season) Ned Stark was absolutely more of a main character than anyone listed, especially Tywin who didn't even show up til season 2. Someone like Robb wasn't a main character at all in season 1 but was undeniably a key player in seasons 2 and 3.

If the show was just about Stark/Lannister/Targaryen children then Rickon, Myrcella, Tommen, and Viserys would've all been considered important deaths, they were not.

At the time of his death someone like Ramsay had way more influence on the plot than any character minus maybe Jon and Dany (the true protagonists).

Jon becoming the main character was definitely not obvious.
It was obvious he could play a larger role than how he started, but that's about it. If you hadn't read the books then you wouldn't of even known that the wall would become as important as it did.

The main characters have definitely shifted season to season. No one but really Dany has continuously been an important piece throughout the series

If the main characters are those listed then no main character has died ever since all those listed are still alive.

Like I said main characters change depending on the season of the show. In season 1 (his only season) Ned Stark was absolutely more of a main character than anyone listed, especially Tywin who didn't even show up til season 2. Someone like Robb wasn't a main character at all in season 1 but was undeniably a key player in seasons 2 and 3.

If the show was just about Stark/Lannister/Targaryen children then Rickon, Myrcella, Tommen, and Viserys would've all been considered important deaths, they were not.

At the time of his death someone like Ramsay had way more influence on the plot than any character minus maybe Jon and Dany (the true protagonists).
There are some people who cannot separate hindsight analysis and thinking from contemporary so they think everything that looks obvious and makes sense now, must have then. It is an ego protecting thing that 'i was never fooled' or "i was smart enough to see what you guys could not'.

GoT was unique as it was written in Acts and each act had its main characters throughout that act whereas most books/movies start with and build the main characters and arc them to the finally, GoT did not do that. It was why it was so lauded when it came out and you are seeing other media now start to copy that and not worry about killing off Main characters.

The idea that you just have to look at who ends the show and that makes it obvious who was always the Main characters is, again just the type of hindsight analysis we see all too often on this forum and its wrong.

Tyrion kills Danaerys cause he jelly she's banging Jon, is later killed by Jorah the Andal.
Bran does his mind control trick, takes over a dragon and kills the dead army with it, Jon slains the dead king.
Jaime kills Cersei cause she does some horrible shit to Brienne of Tarth for some reason and he finally realizes she's a cunt and he's kind of good.
Jon sits on the throne as Jon Targaryen. Sansa is named the hand of the king. Arya rides off into the sunset with The Hound in search of new adventures. Bran remains the third eye Raven. Jaime goes to Casterly Rock to live a normal life and give continuity to the Lannister name. Tortmund doesn't get to bang Brienne.

That's what I expect from the reinvented GOT in S8.

I agree with this and will also add I think
Jaqen H'ghar ends up being Rhaegar Targaryen somehow.

Enjoyed reading through this the more I watch the more I beileve Jon will rule in the end and Denaerys will die , well get the Clegane bowl but both will die , Jaime kills Cersei .

Main characters have always been Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Dany, Jon, Bran and Arya (and maybe Sansa).

Likes of Tywin, Robb, Ned, Stannis etc etc obviously were important too, but not in the same league as the others. The series is ultimately about the Stark/Lannister/Targaryan children.
Personally thought it was obvious almost straight away that Jon was going to be the main player, tbh.
When in the first episode every character makes it clear Jon is a “runt” it is pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain he’s going to be important.

Sorry if you didn’t see it coming though.
Wow--this is some epic delusional behaviour.

Sounds like you're still extremely upset about not seeing Ned's beheading and the Red Wedding coming, that you've convinced yourself you solved the puzzle before the show began.

Kind of implies that you have major insecurities about being wrong, which has probably been a common theme in your life.

Wow--this is some epic delusional behaviour.

Sounds like you're still extremely upset about not seeing Ned's beheading and the Red Wedding coming, that you've convinced yourself you solved the puzzle before the show began.

Kind of implies that you have major insecurities about being wrong, which has probably been a common theme in your life.

Lol

What a loser

Someone more intelligent disagrees with you

Accept it. Move on.

How will GoT end?

In a Hollywood ending, I would say;
Bran, Jon and Dany control the dragons and defeat the Night King.
Jon marries Dany and they rule the kingdom.
Sandor kills Gregor and marries Sansa.
Arya kills Cersei and marries Gendry.
Jaime marries Brienne.

In a GoT ending;
Jon is killed.
Arya kills Cersei.

Tyrion poisons Dany and creates a Democracy. He runs against Sam for president and loses. Westeros changes its name to America.

Sam only serves one term.
A rich blonde Lannister with little hands promises to make the place great again. Wins the next election.

Pretty sure i heard each episode will be movie length so it's going to feel like a full season. Hell it may be longer than a full season

not quite movie length. I heard in the main GOT thread months ago that the longest one will be like 80 minutes, and the others will be like 65... so each is like 15+ more minutes than normal. I would say the avg length of an episode is about 50min.

not quite movie length. I heard in the main GOT thread months ago that the longest one will be like 80 minutes, and the others will be like 65... so each is like 15+ more minutes than normal. I would say the avg length of an episode is about 50min.
That's kinda disappointing. Seems like they are gonna rush this season, like last one.

That's kinda disappointing. Seems like they are gonna rush this season, like last one.

yup. Last season had potential, but it was just very rushed, which lead to bad writing. It had enough plot development for at least 1.5, maybe even 2 seasons.

Frey is a man who feels his family has been looked down upon by all of the other houses and is very bitter about it. He finally has a chance to raise his family up by marriage to a King. They were shooting down ravens because they suspected that Frey would report Robb's position to the Lannisters. They didn't want Robb to go to talk to Walder because they thought Walder might hold him hostage. Walder didn't really care who won or lost in the war as it didn't improve or worsen his, or his families position.

After Robb accepted the deal his mother made with Frey to get to cross the Trident, it was in Frey's interest that Robb succeed. When Robb married Talisa, it was yet another slap in the face to Walder Frey and he no longer had any reason to help Robb and every reason to want revenge. Tywin could give Walder what he wanted and Walder could have his revenge for years of disrespect. What would marriage to a Tully provide that the Lannisters couldn't top? Frey couldn't get his revenge unless he could get Robb to come to him. The wedding was the perfect excuse for Robb and company to be there.

You don't cross somebody then walk into a situation that allows them to get revenge. I didn't understand why Robb took Talisa to the wedding. Her being there was a further example of Robb's breaking of his oath. I haven't read the books but for the show, I thought that Robb would have to be an idiot to go there. I was certain something bad was going to happen.

My wife and I knew something bad was going to happen. But the shock was the level of what happened. No way did we think it would outdo Ned's death but it did. We figured some shady crap would go down and it would be a trap, and someone big would die. But that was a massacre that took out Robb and Cats entire plotline.

When in the first episode every character makes it clear Jon is a “runt” it is pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain he’s going to be important.

Sorry if you didn’t see it coming though.
Yeah, it was pretty clear he was likely going to be a major player. Likely, because so was Ned and Robb. It wasn't clear if Jon would even survive until he died and was brought back and then it was confirmed. Still with the mystery of his mother and the underdog buildup he was either a major character or another character who would die just when he was most vital.

Yeah, it was pretty clear he was likely going to be a major player. Likely, because so was Ned and Robb. It wasn't clear if Jon would even survive until he died and was brought back and then it was confirmed. Still with the mystery of his mother and the underdog buildup he was either a major character or another character who would die just when he was most vital.
Superman
Spiderman
Frodo
Jon Snow
James Bond
Batman
Like Skywalker

The eagle eyed viewer will see a pattern...,

The average episode length is alrdy 60 min so i dont think that makes sense. I heard like 1.5 hr episodes but i suppose we'll see.

Back