Game of Thrones v9: We miss you, Joffrey! (Book discussion = dubs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never read the books, so I'm just going off how shitty the scene was written and produced for screen.
NO

i've never read the book, and this scene is really rustling me
Fair enough I guess. I just know the few people I talk to who don't read the books, like me, didn't have nearly as much of a problem with the scene.

Fair enough I guess. I just know the few people I talk to who don't read the books, like me, didn't have nearly as much of a problem with the scene.

I haven't read the books at all, not a page, and I hated that scene. It was terrible and pointless, and anti-climatic.

theon may be a punk, but house greyjoy ftw:

house+greyjoy.jpg

Imagine the carnage if it had been the Hound and Arya in that kennel with Ramsey and his dogs. Every fuckin chicken in that castle would have been eaten that night and possibly some dog too.

dogs are delicious

i really think it did a disservice to the episode and the theme of the show

images

House Bolton sigil is the coolest

It gets points for originality, but it's pretty damn gross.

The Greyjoys suck but the Kraken is always dope. They have the coolest.

It gets points for originality, but it's pretty damn gross.

The Greyjoys suck but the Kraken is always dope. They have the coolest.

Boltons Targs and greyjoys are the best sigils. A flayed man a three headed dragon and a Kraken are badass. I would feel like such a little bitch if my sigil was a fish, or a deer.

I'm beginning to think that a lot of the hate is coming because this scene apparently wasn't in the books at all...

It was just set up to be much better than it was, in the book or not. In the previews you see a cut up Ramsay on one side about to go to war with a band of badass iron born killers... and it looks badass in those dungeons in the torchlight. Then the scene arrives and its a shitty fight sequence that accomplishes absolutly nothing at all. Nothing changed at all from pre to post fight. Reek is still reek, asha is still without her brother, Ramsey keeps his new dog, and a few people noone knows are dead. It was just built up to be a very cool scene and then very MEH...

It was just set up to be much better than it was, in the book or not. In the previews you see a cut up Ramsay on one side about to go to war with a band of badass iron born killers... and it looks badass in those dungeons in the torchlight. Then the scene arrives and its a shitty fight sequence that accomplishes absolutly nothing at all. Nothing changed at all from pre to post fight. Reek is still reek, asha is still without her brother, Ramsey keeps his new dog, and a few people noone knows are dead. It was just built up to be a very cool scene and then very MEH...

It wasn't even "meh" to me, it would have to be better to be "meh" IMO.

Obviously this is setting up Theon returning at Ramseys behest and the sister being outed as a liar.....seems worth it to me.

It wasn't even "meh" to me, it would have to be better to be "meh" IMO.

fair enough... it just seemed so lackluster... like something exciting was still to come, then they get in the boats. Then im waiting for them to chase the boats or to have to fend off an attack of men and/or dogs... and instad they just ran to the boats got on and left. Like all they were doing was delivering a pizza.

This is a great explanation imo. The buildup was a lot and it had been forever since we had seen yara. some of the hate makes sense now when you look at it.

theon may be a punk, but house greyjoy ftw:

house+greyjoy.jpg

Ironborn are the losers of Westeros.

"We Do Not Sow". It's like a homeless guy bragging that he shoplifts from stores as if that makes him an alpha badass. Wow, you're so cool and powerful that you took that bag of oranges. I'm sure the store manager who goes home to his nice house feels real bad. Head back to your cardboard box now.

Ironborn are the losers of Westeros.

"We Do Not Sow". It's like a homeless guy bragging that he shoplifts from stores as if that makes him an alpha badass. Wow, you're so cool and powerful that you took that bag of oranges. I'm sure the store manager who goes home to his nice house feels real bad. Head back to your cardboard box now.

Pretty much, only in the case of the iron born, instead of going back to a cardboard box they go back to the "shit stained rocks that they call home"

I thought their house words were "What is dead my never die"

No, I think that phrase is a prayer line to the drowned god. Similar to "the night is dark and full of terrors" for the lord of light.

Obviously this is setting up Theon returning at Ramseys behest and the sister being outed as a liar.....seems worth it to me.

I can't see that happening...

Balon has respect for Yara. He does not have any respect for Theon; and this is before Theon went behind his back to Winterfell, got captured, lost his dick and was tortured.

If Reek is ever to return to Pyke, I don't see Balon believing Reek regardless of how good he "acts" as Theon.

I think Ramsey is sending Reek somewhere else, but not sure where.

I thought their house words were "What is dead may never die"

that has more to do with the religion of the drowned god then it does with the House of Greyjoy alone.

I can't see that happening...

Balon has respect for Yara. He does not have any respect for Theon; and this is before Theon went behind his back to Winterfell, got captured, lost his dick and was tortured.

If Reek is ever to return to Pyke, I don't see Balon believing Reek regardless of how good he "acts" as Theon.

I think Ramsey is sending Reek somewhere else, but not sure where.

I thought he said he was sending him to Moat Cailin to infiltrate the Ironborn.

I thought he said he was sending him to Moat Cailin to infiltrate the Ironborn.

If there was dialogue indicating that, I totally missed it! I gotta rewatch that scene now.

ETA: I remember now. The scene with Bolton, Locke, Ramsay and Reek; Bolton gives Ramsay the deed to take Moat.

I wonder though if the Ironborn at Moat would be privy to Theon now being Reek (unless Yara can't get word ahead of Ramsay sending Reek there first).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back