Game of Thrones v9: We miss you, Joffrey! (Book discussion = dubs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrying over the discussion:

HereticBD said:
Because it was a moment that was built up as one of the most epic invasions to take place

Wut? Where was it built up anywhere close to being one of the most epic invasions to take place? The only time you should use the word 'epic' when referring to the Ironcans is 'epic failure'.

For all the trouble they went through, I don't care how fucked up Theon is, he's coming on board the ship. We'll un-fuck him later.

There is no Theon. Yara realized it, why can't you?

wlu29 said:
but in the world of the show, it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE

It makes plenty of sense.

their world is one of NAME and HONOUR and PRIDE

They may talk big, but they don't really do shit.

- gathering the 50 BEST KILLERS to represent the IRON BORN

They went with the 50 best cans, so what?

- going to seek REVENGE and DEFEND HONOUR and to a lesser extent RESCUE

Yara was the only one who gave a shit about Theon. What kind of welcome did Theon receive when he returned home? How was he treated by his father? How was he treated by the others? Theon's own men turned on him at Winterfell, yet you think they're that concerned with honor? Nobody gave a shit about him aside from Yara, and at the point, she stopped giving a shit, too.

- they TRAVELED FAR to get there

Moat Cailin to the Dreadfort is a decent trip, but is it a capitalized FAR trip? I don't think so.

- they were winning the fight

They didn't have a clear advantage.

- they had their ENEMY shirtless and weaponless

That shirtless guy was owning soldiers with shields.

- THROW A F*CKING AXE at him

No.

- their enemy isn't even highly regarded, he is a mere BASTARD

Ramsay is a boss.

- they simply GAVE UP and proved themselves COWARDS

They've already shown themselves to be cowards...

- they disgraced their NAME, their FAMILY, their LAND and their PEOPLE

So, nothing new for the Ironcans?

i have not even watched the last 3 episodes i miss joffrey so much

king.jpg

He has the face of an angel!

Good night, sweet Prince!

*sobs*

It can't be fun being that Jack Gleeson kid.

Either lame GoT fanboys are all over you asking questions or they're heckling you over your portrayal of some fictional character.

House Mario

1e3d9c9ef8e8279b9d6e9c9aa6c4c576-game-of-thrones-house-sigils-for-videogame-families.jpg

It can't be fun being that Jack Gleeson kid.

Either lame GoT fanboys are all over you asking questions or they're heckling you over your portrayal of some fictional character.

I'm sure there are quite a few people that he runs into who have a legit appreciation for just how good he was on the show. It was great performance. Dare I say one of the great performances by a teenager.

Watching old episodes of GOT.

first, Iron Born are a bunch of thieving, back-stabbing losers. Iron cans is appropriate name for them.

second, Tyrion was exceptional as the hand and leader. Too bad he lost his position and now is about ready to get something cut. Of all the leaders, Tyrion was the most successful in King's landing.

third, Cersei is the worst leader ever. Every decision she makes that is not about scheming or subterfuge, is abad choice and decision.

finally, why the outrage over Jaime/Cersei "rape" scene but no outrage at Khal/Dany scenes where she was essentially assaulted every night.

that's it. I'm done repeating the obvious.

I watched the first episode a week or so ago and I laughed at the scene where Joffrey gets slapped by Tyrion and then looks like a pussy when the wolf bites him.

Watching old episodes of GOT.

first, Iron Born are a bunch of thieving, back-stabbing losers. Iron cans is appropriate name for them.

second, Tyrion was exceptional as the hand and leader. Too bad he lost his position and now is about ready to get something cut. Of all the leaders, Tyrion was the most successful in King's landing.

third, Cersei is the worst leader ever. Every decision she makes that is not about scheming or subterfuge, is abad choice and decision.

finally, why the outrage over Jaime/Cersei "rape" scene but no outrage at Khal/Dany scenes where she was essentially assaulted every night.

that's it. I'm done repeating the obvious.

I think the outrage is that it was one of the most underwhelming 'rape' scenes we've ever seen.

images

House Bolton sigil is the coolest

Yeah, they were going to be my 10th option, but I figured it best to go with "Other" to encompass all of the ones I missed. Like House Dondarrion, Mormont, Tarth, Renly, etc.

Just realized I forgot Targaryen.

The Greyjoys are the biggest pusses going on this show. They are the only real force that hasn't faced any real set back or depletion of manpower yet no one gives a shit about them. Their whole storyline is a waste of time, you might as well have had Theon be the son of a Stark Bannerman that betrays Rob and just be done with that plot device. IF you are going to have a group of seafaring people and call them Ironborne at least make them like the Vikings or Barbary Corsairs. Instead we got a bunch of shit talking longshoremen.

But what can you expect from a bunch of people that consistently look like they are covered in Seagull shit. Seriously, take a good look at all of them, they look like they get shit on by Seagulls all the time and don't bother to wipe it off. Hell their whole island looks like a toilet for Seagulls after they raided a Mexican picnic.

Had to go with House Stark, not that I like them but the dire wolf is badass and the motto "Winter is Coming" has a very ominous tone to it like "things are going to get worse and WE are ready for it, are you?"

Wut? Where was it built up anywhere close to being one of the most epic invasions to take place? The only time you should use the word 'epic' when referring to the Ironcans is 'epic failure'.

The sequence of events presented on the show was an epic failure. The show hinted at a big story arc with one of the most badass monologues ever delivered at the end of season 3. It culminated with an illogical, and pathetic two minute scene.

Yara took a group of their best mercinaries, and sailed halfway around the world to rescue Theon. They cut through the stronghold like a hot knife through butter, and made it to Theon in record time. Theon then bit Yara, some dogs were released, and they gave up.

To add to that, the group was in so much trouble that they gave up, yet they made it back to their ship without an issue.

Worst scene in GOT history.

There is no Theon. Yara realized it, why can't you?

It was a poorly executed sequence in a show known for perfection. 99% of GOT fans realize this, so why can't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back