Game of Thrones v9: We miss you, Joffrey! (Book discussion = dubs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people in the last thread are underestimating the tactical impact of a kennel full of game pit bulls with a taste for human flesh.

get your shit together!

tumblr_mkkkh78vKt1qmfr3fo3_250.gif

A lot of people in the last thread are underestimating the tactical impact of a kennel full of game pit bulls with a taste for human flesh.

I didn't see a "full" kennel.

I'm just saying, Yara did less against those dogs than that game cat from the gif making rounds yesterday.

Carrying over the discussion:

Wut? Where was it built up anywhere close to being one of the most epic invasions to take place? The only time you should use the word 'epic' when referring to the Ironcans is 'epic failure'.

There is no Theon. Yara realized it, why can't you?
It makes plenty of sense.
They may talk big, but they don't really do shit.
They went with the 50 best cans, so what?
Yara was the only one who gave a shit about Theon. What kind of welcome did Theon receive when he returned home? How was he treated by his father? How was he treated by the others? Theon's own men turned on him at Winterfell, yet you think they're that concerned with honor? Nobody gave a shit about him aside from Yara, and at the point, she stopped giving a shit, too.

Moat Cailin to the Dreadfort is a decent trip, but is it a capitalized FAR trip? I don't think so.

They didn't have a clear advantage.
That shirtless guy was owning soldiers with shields.
No.
Ramsay is a boss.
They've already shown themselves to be cowards...
So, nothing new for the Ironcans?
Exactly how did they go from Moat Cailin to the Dreadfort? Did they drag their ship across the countryside from Moat to the waters of the Bite? Look at the HBO maps.

Let the dog out of the cage, who GAF, one ax chop and Fido is dead.

Also, the whole "she knew the old theon with that look in his eye was gone so she cut her losses" or whatever thing...she knew theon's junk was cut off and he had been flayed to shit, so I have to assume she would atleast somewhat expect a really fucked up Theon to be waiting there when they arrived. So it's hard to buy that it all of a sudden dawned on her that Theon was really fucked up and not worth killing three more people and two dogs over.

To me it seems like they lazily rushed through Yaras "rescue" just so they could move on to whatever Reek will be doing next. I'm still pissed off at how underwhelming it was.

Joff comes back as a wight. true story.

The purpose of her trip was to not only save Theon but to avenge the ironcans. She just proved how big of a can house they are.

Theon being messed up should have had no bearing on her actions. She went there to say "you can't do this without repercussions." She showed you can do ANYTHING to the Ironcans and they will just take it laying down. They officially took over the role of the biggest cans on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back