Game of Thrones v9: We miss you, Joffrey! (Book discussion = dubs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about it, and I wonder what the Hound's body count is on the show? Has he exceeded 20?

Imagine the carnage if it had been the Hound and Arya in that kennel with Ramsey and his dogs. Every fuckin chicken in that castle would have been eaten that night and possibly some dog too.

I was just thinking about it, and I wonder what the Hound's body count is on the show? Has he exceeded 20?

1 Butchers Boy
3 Street Rats defending Sansa
5-6 at the Black water?
3 by the campfire defending Arya
5 in the Tavern

17? Am I missing any?

1 Butchers Boy
5-6 at the Black water?
5 in the Tavern

17? Am I missing any?

Beric Dondarrion, though he did get revived. Also the Butcher's boy. So we're up to 19.

yeah whats up with that stupid pause on a fight to death close quarters.

HEY HOLD UP, lets stop killing eachother while we are surrounded by dead bodies and talk for a second, GTFO, you stop fighting and you get stabbed
Gassed out. Probably trained with Carwin or Erick Silva.

1 Butchers Boy
5-6 at the Black water?
5 in the Tavern

17? Am I missing any?

that Dondarrion can

the hound also took a few of Ned's personal guard out when Ned tried to depose Joeffrey

the hound also took a few of Ned's personal guard out when Ned tried to depose Joeffrey

Was that shown though? I'm sure he did I just don't remember it on screen.

it was such a tight area you'd still have Ramsey, his boys and the dogs all in front of you. Hell in the hallway you'd have the dogs getting in each others way. The 50 best killers from Seagull shit island can't handle three dogs, a shirtless Ramsey and three or four guys standing behind him?

Also your understanding of infantry/archery attacks is pretty poor. Most archery attacks were done en mass like an artillery strike. You used the archers to thin out the ranks, then had the infantry go in to finish them off before they could regroup. The Lord of the Rings style archer sniper is very rare and not something you'd rely on while you have your own men engaged in melee fighting, unless you don't care about losing some of your own guys while doing it. I go to the range and shoot guns and bows recurve and compound, it is much easier to be consistent with a gun and get much tighter groupings. The accuracy of an arrow can be affected by just as many things as can affect a bullet but to a greater extent.

Along with the fact that each dog was in a separate cage and that Ramsey would be turning his back 3 times to his enemy in order to release each dog. That's 3 times too frigging many, especially in a hand to hand CQB scenario.

You have Yara and 2 Ironborn soldiers against Ramsey and 2 Bolton Soldiers. I am sorry but as soon as Ramsey turns his back, he gets a sword or throwing axe to the back for good measure and then what? 2 Bolton soldiers left without a leader (or potential heir of the Dreadfort) with none of the dogs even released? Never thought I would say this but Ironborn = cans.

Was that shown though? I'm sure he did I just don't remember it on screen.

I can only remember the show, I can't remember the scene in the books.

Hound is one of the first to make a move and start killing people

after all the weak performances i cant believe people voted GreyJoy, that house has no balls.

oh snap

I voted Other.

250px-House-Bolton-heraldry-no-background.jpg

well i gotta give one thing that was good about the stealth attack on the Dreadfort, the grappling hooks were so fucking cool it looked it was gonna be awesome, but then we saw the events that took place.

Yara needs to stay in the Tin islands (someone in the last thread came up with "tinborn") where the competition is easier.

I was gonna say Aluminum Born but Tin Born has a much better ring to it.

it is not really that they are underestimating. It is how difficult it is to fight off dogs they are willing to sacrifice with a guy standing right behind with a sword trying to stab you.

it is like a king sending his infantry in to engage an enemy sword to sword and then having his archers reign down arrows on them all. the enemy that might have been able to defend one or the other threat well will be cut down when the attacks are synchronized.
It isn't like an arrow volley. And just how would they synchronize an attack with those dogs?
The Ironborn each had armor, shields, swords, knives and axes. Dog comes barreling out of his cage and gets its head cleaved.
Also the dogs were in separate cages so it wasn't like all three would be attacking at once.

well i gotta give one thing that was good about the stealth attack on the Dreadfort, the grappling hooks were so fucking cool it looked it was gonna be awesome, but then we saw the events that took place.
And with her slamming her ax into the guard's head...

She can ax a guys head from god knows how far but she can't hit Ramsay from 10 feet away.

Just watched the scene and counted two guys with the same exact move. technically it's an editing error and he kills the same guy twice. I missed it the first time because you almost never see him killing with his badass helmet on.

So that's 20 or 21. What a fucking animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back