Gaethje claps back at Chandler. Says he was in camp before they canceled and gave Chandler a TS.

YIKES! Say it ain't so DOC.
m7pKECGi5axXtgk2aUxcUi-1200-80.jpg
It’s not that bad, buddy. You just take one pill and abstain from sex for a week.

• Dariush fought less than 2 months ago and had a baby right afterwards. Before that his fight with Tony had been booked for a while, around the time Justin was trying to fight Chandler. Is Dariush supposed have like 1 month turnaround?

• RDA has been hurt, had surgery and just recently became ready to fight again. That’s well documented.

• Hooker got knocked the fuck out in January, had to fly home to NZ, quarantine, not see his family for a month, recover from the KO, etc. Has Hooker tried to fight in recent months? No. He isn’t even trying to fight until late summer/ fall. Justin tried to fight the guy that beat him.

• Gregor wasn’t even top 10, had never beat a top 10 guy before CDF and was coming off a brutal KO loss. Gaethje probably didn’t take that fight because it was never offered by matchmakers because it made no sense for the #2 guy to fight Gregor.

• Saying he should have “bitched” about Conor vs Poirier 3 and asked for Oliviera and a title shot after you yourself are accusing Gaethje of trying to get a title shot without a win after Khabib is just…..lol

You make no good points.

"Siri, what is a 2-3 month training camp?"

You're making a fool of yourself trying to bend over backwards for him here. Justin doesn't have to be fighting NOW to be fighting PERIOD. As I said from the start, he easily could've fought BY NOW or have a fight COMING UP by now. It's been 9 months since his last fight and Chandler fell through 4 fucking months ago and was never even official to begin with. It's fucking August in a week. Unless the guy's taking a short notice fight, then he's at the point where he won't be fighting until October/November/December... which will be a 1+ year since Khabib.

Quit making excuses for the guy. He's clearly trying to milk his #2 ranking or is simply scared to fight again after he found out there's levels to it he'll never achieve after what Khabib did to him.

"Siri, what is a 2-3 month training camp?"

You're making a fool of yourself trying to bend over backwards for him here. Justin doesn't have to be fighting NOW to be fighting PERIOD. As I said from the start, he easily could've fought BY NOW or have a fight COMING UP by now. It's been 9 months since his last fight and Chandler fell through 4 fucking months ago and was never even official to begin with. It's fucking August in a week. Unless the guy's taking a short notice fight, then he's at the point where he won't be fighting until October/November/December... which will be a 1+ year since Khabib.

Quit making excuses for the guy. He's clearly trying to milk his #2 ranking or is simply scared to fight again after he found out there's levels to it he'll never achieve after what Khabib did to him.
No you’re making a fool of yourself for suggesting Gaethje fight fucking Gregor Gillespie not even in the top 10 at the time and coming off a loss.

Or suggesting that he should have bitched about the Poirier/Conor fight and asked for Charles, while also accusing Gaethje of trying to get a title shot without fighting.

Or coming on a thread that’s literally about how Justin was trying fight Chandler 5 months after Khabib and saying that Justin Gaethje of all people is afraid to fight a contender.

Not to mention in a division where all of the champs and top contenders have been fighting like once a year since 2016. Conor, Khabib, Tony….. Poirier had nearly a year layoff after Khabib…

The fight needs to be 5rds, no bs either. Put that shit on ESPN so ppl can watch it.

Justin needs to fight now. As much as I want to see this, Chandler said he's not fighting til the end of the year. Actually, that works for Justin. He always said he won't accept short notice fights. Give him notice now and let them bang around the holidays.

Gaethje has always struck me as someone who shoots from the hip - I believe the man.
Great fight, should absolutely happen.

Chandler is n better position because he actually gave the new champ a good beating, some rare ref would likely even stop the fight and declare him the winner by tko. Gaethje needs to win badly, because he fighting style ages terribly and it is supposedly his last fight on the contract. So all in all, from now on he really has to be very picky and careful about his fights

Gaethje should refuse to fight Chandler.
A fighter like Chandler ruins the whole division with politics.
It's a joke that he is ranked 4th after only 1 win against Hooker who isn't even a top 10 fighter.
It's also a joke that he got a title shot over Gaethje who lost to someone who is never beaten.
The UFC is a joke with this Chandler.
Gaethje shouldn't reward this rat.

Gaethje sleeps that manlet
I don't think so. Gaethje's own sparring partner's have confirmed what most of us have suspected, his head is gone since the Khabib fight and I think he loses to whoever he fights next.

Gaethje should refuse to fight Chandler.
A fighter like Chandler ruins the whole division with politics.
It's a joke that he is ranked 4th after only 1 win against Hooker who isn't even a top 10 fighter.
It's also a joke that he got a title shot over Gaethje who lost to someone who is never beaten.
The UFC is a joke with this Chandler.
Gaethje shouldn't reward this rat.

How is he a rat lol.
Tbf Hooker was top 10 when Chandler beat him and he beat him spectacularly which justifies a top 5 spot imo, more justified than Islam's anyway.

I don't think so. Gaethje's own sparring partner's have confirmed what most of us have suspected, his head is gone since the Khabib fight and I think he loses to whoever he fights next.
Alleged sparring partner it wasn't verified and gaethje said that's bullshit. I think Ali is more at play here

How is he a rat lol.
Tbf Hooker was top 10 when Chandler beat him and he beat him spectacularly which justifies a top 5 spot imo, more justified than Islam's anyway.

It shouldn't matter how you win.
Hooker was number 6 ranked because he stole a win against Felder. I don't consider Felder or Hooker top 10 fighters.
Chandler is now ranked 4th for 1 win in the UFC against Hooker.
Islam 8 win streak has more value than 1 win over Hooker. Any objective person will tell you that.

I call him a rat because I like that word.

It shouldn't matter how you win.
Hooker was number 6 ranked because he stole a win against Felder. I don't consider Felder or Hooker top 10 fighters.
Chandler is now ranked 4th for 1 win in the UFC against Hooker.
Islam 8 win streak has more value than 1 win over Hooker. Any objective person will tell you that.

I call him a rat because I like that word.

How convincingly you beat an opponent absolutely does matter, why shouldn't it? And as much as you don't rate Hooker he is still a lot better than anyone Islam has beaten so far. Quality of opponents is more important than quantity, any objective person will tell you that.

How convincingly you beat an opponent absolutely does matter, why shouldn't it? And as much as you don't rate Hooker he is still a lot better than anyone Islam has beaten so far. Quality of opponents is more important than quantity, any objective person will tell you that.

It's not relevant how you beat someone.
A win is a win. Why should it matter how you win for the ranking?
Is the ranking based on winning or based on popularity contest??
If a fighter gets outclassed for 4 rounds and chokes him out in the 5th. It means he won even though he was losing for 4 rounds.

Hooker is not better than Tsarukyan.
Moises will leg lock Hooker.
The only fight Hooker is going to win in the top 15 is against Kevin Lee.
Hooker has a problem right now. The division is full of grapplers and wrestlers.

It's not relevant how you beat someone.
A win is a win. Why should it matter how you win for the ranking?
Is the ranking based on winning or based on popularity contest??
If a fighter gets outclassed for 4 rounds and chokes him out in the 5th. It means he won even though he was losing for 4 rounds.

Hooker is not better than Tsarukyan.
Moises will leg lock Hooker.
The only fight Hooker is going to win in the top 15 is against Kevin Lee.
Hooker has a problem right now. The division is full of grapplers and wrestlers.
How you win absolutely matters in the rankings. It's not an end all be all but it matter. This isn't a traditional sport. It's prize fighting. UFC is a fight promotion.

If a win is a win, Leon would be fighting for the title against Usman and no one would want to see that fight.

How you win absolutely matters in the rankings. It's not an end all be all but it matter. This isn't a traditional sport. It's prize fighting. UFC is a fight promotion.

If a win is a win, Leon would be fighting for the title against Usman and no one would want to see that fight.

Leon should have been fighting for the title.
Did Usman have 'spectacular' wins before he fought Woodly?
Did Usman and Covington got high rankings by entertainment?
I don't think so.
I agree that the rankings are not based on wins only. They are based on what the UFC thinks you gain them.
But the rankings should be based on winning. That's the only objective criteria.
'Spectacular' is subjective.

Back