Gaethje claps back at Chandler. Says he was in camp before they canceled and gave Chandler a TS.

He has a right to say something considering what Chandler has said.

Chandler is trying to get his 3rd fight since Justin last fought. Justin meanwhile is clearly hoping to just eventually get an immediate 2nd title shot off his ranking/past work (especially if Poirier wins the title given their history).

I don't really care who's right or wrong here. Chandler is staying active, and Justin is not. So I'll back Chandler no matter what.

Chandler has fought 2x since Gaethje last fought. He shouldn't be saying shit.
Did you even read the tweet? Gaethje was starting camp waiting on a bout agreement for Chandler before the UFC switched plans. If this is in fact true, he absolutely has the right to say something if Chandler is holding interviews saying Gaethje has ducked him.

Did you even read the tweet? Gaethje was starting camp waiting on a bout agreement for Chandler before the UFC switched plans. If this is in fact true, he absolutely has the right to say something if Chandler is holding interviews saying Gaethje has ducked him.

Or he could just fight him now.

Stop supporting Gaethje's sabbatical. He's clearly just trying to ride his way into another title shot without doing anything. That or Khabib steamrolled him so badly he's given up knowing he'll never be #1 no matter what happens if he can't beat Khabib and so no longer cares.

Chandler is trying to get his 3rd fight since Justin last fought. Justin meanwhile is clearly hoping to just eventually get an immediate 2nd title shot off his ranking/past work (especially if Poirier wins the title given their history).

I don't really care who's right or wrong here. Chandler is staying active, and Justin is not. So I'll back Chandler no matter what.

That's fine. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying Justin should be able to respond to Chandler after his claims.

So any fighter with a 9 month layoff is out of MMA mentally? 9 months is nothing. Did you not read the part of the tweet where he was several weeks into camp earlier this year waiting on a bout agreement for Chandler? He came out and said this on a podcast several weeks before this tweet.

He hasnt been injured this whole time. Seems like if he were serious about fighting he would have been looking for an opponent? He didn't even sign a bout agreement.

Is this like when Derrick Lewis says he wants to 'clap them cheeks?' If so that means that Chandler has already clapped Gaethje's cheeks. Not paying for the clap back on PPV. I've got the internet if I needed to see that.

Now am MMA fight? Please please please get this fight on the books.

Chandler has been KO'd by a BJJ guy and a 145'er in the past few years and folks think he'll beat Gaethje????

FlimsyInfiniteFinwhale-max-1mb.gif

View attachment 869236

Cringe is me having to pull up Merriam-Webster for grown adults to explain basic vernacular.

The word originated from street slang, popularized by rap lyrics. To clap means to shoot a gun. To clap back, to shoot back. And now it's used as responding to criticism. I wouldn't call it basic vernacular.

Last edited:
The word originated from street slang, popularized by rap lyrics. To clap means to shoot a gun. To clap back, to shoot back. And now it's used as responding to criticism.
Or people can simply say “replies to…”

Book them.

And book Islam vs Dariush. Winner of Islam vs Dariush gets a TS and loser fights the winner of Chandler vs Gaethje

Last edited:
Back