Fury "I'd beat the little fat pig(Ruiz) easily"

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by treelo, Nov 30, 2019.

1. AnthonyCasso

AnthonyCasso Yellow Belt

I like Ruiz, I don't think he gets Wilder thou. Ruiz has better boxing then wilder, but he's quite hittable and he needs to throw combinations in order to really hurt his opponents, he would leave himself open to Wilder. I rewatched the AJ fight numerous times and indeed it wasn't a fluke, however I don't think it really dooms Joshua. Getting concussed the way Joshua did is never easy, his legs were gone and ruiz landed a brutal hook behind the ear.

I think Joshua can make some adjustments, he needs to not fight so tall with Ruiz because he will close the distance and hook off Joshua's jab and straight punches, hopefully Joshua widens his stance a little so he's not punching down so much.

Any training footage I see of Ruiz is all about closing distance and ducking and hooking. That's why Andy says his style is perfect for him. Wlad had similar problems like AJ with Lamon Brewster back in the day. Wlad made adjustments and made a good career. Joshua needs to fight like Wlad. A guy like Klitchko would beat Andy. AJ is gonna have to fight conservative and go into the later rounds. Personally I believe those are the adjustments he will try to make. However, Andy's style needs no adjusting and that puts Joshus into another negative.

AJ should of waited and took a tune up so he could make those adjustments. I don't think 6 months was enough time. AJ could surprise us , Vegas has him as the favorite, easy to put money on Ruiz

2. AnthonyCasso

AnthonyCasso Yellow Belt

Tyson has the ability to beat Wilder, it's not like Wilder has developed into a master boxer. He's a better boxer than people give him credit for, however Tyson obviously wasn't at his best and will be in better shape. He just has to box wilder and not get caught, however that's gonna be hard , not impossible thou.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  3. Judoka1532

Judoka1532 Judoka1532

anybody got links?

4. blaccbeard

blaccbeard Dad Belt

Steroid poster boy Fury is gonna need all his roids to beat fat boy Ruiz if they ever fight.

5. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Leather Belt

Easy to act all hard when you are hiding out on ESPN fighting bums, but I guess Fury should be confident.

6. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

tyson fury calling other people fat?

wow.

HelpYouFall, YourBoss and Jonny Ninja like this.
  7. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Fury moves well enough to jab Ruiz to a wide decision.

That being said it will be interesting to see if thinner Ruiz moves better around the ring.

hurricane08, JayE and Jonny Ninja like this.
  8. JayE

JayE Red Belt

When Fury doesn't show up as a slob, I'll be inclined to say he beats certain fighters.

9. JayE

JayE Red Belt

The girl I've been sleeping with is a Brit on visa. Honestly, regardless of my boxing opinions, I wouldn't mind knowing who you guys are voting for in the election. If you want to pm it and so on. I'm not a Brit, just interested. I might be way out of line to ask. I'll show my cards and say I love Corbyn's outlook.

Coup de Gracie and BluntTrauma21 like this.
  10. BluntTrauma21

BluntTrauma21 Broner Brody / Pulev Posse

"Little fat pig" is an adorable description of Ruiz lol. Awwwwe. I wanna pinch Andy on his face cheeks and tell him he's a good boy. Good boy!

11. YourBoss

YourBoss Yellow Belt

lol hes right about that. Styles make fights. Easy win for Fury.

12. aries

aries Silver Belt

He had a pretty easy fight against Klitschko actually. Hardly got touched in that fight.

13. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Well, neither did Klitschko.

Mmmmmmma1234 and Sir Punchalot like this.
  14. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

exactly.

that was a staring contest. even by HW standards, the punch stats were absurdly low.

Hagler likes this.
  15. aries

aries Silver Belt

And who won?

16. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Meh, Wlad couldn't find his range or let his hands go. That fight said a lot more about where Wlad was than anything else. Fury has been put on his ass by legit nobodies. It was an easy fight because his opponent was in his prime like 8 years prior.

Ruiz is probably being overrated a little by some but if there's on thing he does, its let his hands go.

17. treelo

treelo //Do something here

Not the gobshite in charge now

All politicians are gobshites, but at least lets try a new gobshite for a bit

JayE and Hagler like this.
  18. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Not at all dude, more than happy to discuss this

I’m always a swing voter. People in this country and the states treat political parties like supporting a sports team, they support a certain party no matter what. Even if their policies do not benefit them. It’s either stupidity, laziness or influence from certain media outlets
    I’m fairly liberal so won’t ever vote Tory, though I do quite like Johnson; the shifty, lying posh twat! I’d vote for him if he wasn’t conservative.
    Can’t vote labour because a 2nd referendum is a fckin horrible idea, even worse than the first one. Voted labour last time and also like Corbyn
    Really dislike jo Swinson (lib debs leader) but it’s them or the greens for me. I’ve voted for both in the past, so I’ll probably flip a coin this election

JayE likes this.
  19. aries

aries Silver Belt

Fury compared Ruiz to Chisora. And while I think Ruiz is better than Chisora it's not by a country mile. In their second fight Fury put a clinic on Chisora who also let's his hands go. Ruiz is a similar style fighter, always coming forward and trying to maul you from close up. Fury's style is all wrong for Ruiz.

20. aries

aries Silver Belt

This is my feeling too. I think after the drubbing Ruiz gave AJ, AJ needs to have made a lot of changes to his game defensively and I don't know if that can happen in 6 months with no tune-up fight in between. He's going straight back into the cauldron. My only hope is that he was concussed before the fight and that really affected his performance.