Fury "I'd beat the little fat pig(Ruiz) easily"

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by treelo, Nov 30, 2019.

1. AnthonyCasso

AnthonyCasso Yellow Belt

It's funny, I was watching Ruiz vs Dimitrenko , he basically fought Joshua the same way. Ruiz kept coming forward and chopping down the tree. Ruiz hands were to quick and after seeing some of his fights, I see how people fell asleep on him. His style really is a killer to the Upright Euro style boxing , basically everything Joshua is. They always say " Style makes fights " this is absolutely true. Either way , I still see Joshua giving problems to Wilder and other top fighters. It's like Pac vs JMM, Pacs style was tailor made to be bested by JMM, he was just so good that it took 4 fights and Memo Hernandez vitamins to beat him.

2. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum Red Belt

Tyson fury would look like a prime Ali against Ruiz. And I’ve been a fan of Ruiz for a long time.

Obviously Fury is a tough match up for any hw. Even ever but Ruiz , fury would box him up and Joshua will never take that fight against fury. Joshua is on his way out of boxing. He’s made so much money he doesn’t need to fight anymore and he’s really young and he doesn’t. Have the heart for it.
    the fight is in Saudi Arabia because if Joshua
    Can remain standing for 12 rounds he will win the decision.
    if you think that’s absurd you haven’t followed boxing for a long time.
    joshua is the money man. And the fight is in Saudi Arabia for that reason.

Joshua is a hype product. He looks the part and talks the part but he’s soft in boxing standards.

Boxiana likes this.
  3. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Mini US. Think Trump vs Bernie.
    As long as donations are allowed, the Conservatives/Republicans will always be favourites. The right wing media simply saturates the news with scaremongering, Corbyn sinks the economy, Corbyn hates jews, Corbyn to cut forces numbers and not replace the bomb. Its unsettling for dopey cunts who know no better. What the media barons and corporate heads want, they usually get.
    Just look at them as men. Boris/Trump: Born with a silver spoon up their arses, bold faced liars, self interest sociopaths.
    Bernie/Corbyn: Modest beginings, fighting for underdog causes all their lives. Prepared to tax the untouchables.
    Since Thatcher, the UK has become the most unequal society in Europe. The tories continue to take us down the private sector route of low wages, poor workers rights. The US model. Keep your filthy paws off our NHS;)
    So, until things change, or at least we wake up and start voting for substance over bullshit, expect everyone from the middle and the bottom to be squeezed in a hopeless quest for perpetual growth and profit.
    Brexit makes me sick and gives carte blanche to the tories to engineer a society of jealousy and hate.
    Corbyn and Bernie are men of principle, they don't stand a fucking chance.
    Climate change has made things interesting but you'd better believe, the elite will let us all burn before giving up their advantages.

4. SandisLL

SandisLL Green Belt

Yes.

However Ruiz most likely will be not 261 or 267 lbs and definitely he used all time for training to increase mobility, cos this weight will be lower than in previous bout's weight in.

chiefwiggum likes this.
  5. treelo

treelo //Do something here

He beat Chisora easily, who is also on the shorter side and a bit rotund, so that may have been where the comparison came in.

He would do exactly the same to Ruiz i imagine

6. aries

aries Silver Belt

I'm interested in what you've seen that makes you think that Joshua looks soft? He went to war with Klistschko, surviving a devastating knock down and then going on to stop his man in the 11th round. What looked soft about that performance? He had his head rocked against Whyte too but came back to deliver a clinical finish. He looks like he has a fighter's heart to me.

Mmmmmmma1234 likes this.
  7. borntoloseNOT

borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

Gotta admit, this wait to see who wins this rematch between Joshua and Ruiz is really nagging me. Gotta know who goes forward and gets closer to unifying it all. Wilder or Fury? Joshua or Ruiz? Joshua or Wilder? Fury or Ruiz? It just goes on and on. I want to see one man holding them all and settle this damn matter. You really learn to appreciate moments in time when someone had them all and there was no questions anymore.

Yacob and Mmmmmmma1234 like this.
  8. borntoloseNOT

borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

Yeah, I don't get that. Joshua, what ever criticisms aside, has best resume by a country mile.

Mmmmmmma1234 and aries like this.
  9. Athenry04

Athenry04 Black Belt

Wouldn't vote conservative, (party of elite nonce protectors), if my bollocks were on fire.

10. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum Red Belt

I would say he went life and death with. 41 year old man when he’s in his physical. And that 41 or how ever many years was lost his last 2 fights. The one before klitschko he couldn’t even get off.
    That’s the sign of an old shot fighter. There are opening and they can’t take advantage of it.

if wlad still had that ability he would have taken aj out.

It’s just an opinion. But it’s pretty easy to see aj. Isn’t a dog. And doesn’t have that ability. Wlad chose not to take a chance or couldn’t seize upon that clear chance he had to close the show.

I’m not hating on aj. I just think it’s pretty easy to see.

as time passes. Bookmark this and you can shovel the shit back to me. But I don’t think I’m saying anything controversial. And if aj fights for many years with success. I’d happily say I’m wrong.
    It does t mean anything to mean. I just stating what i see.

mans Dylan white is Dylan white. He’s nothing special. he’s just another European with a lot of push behind him.

* edit. I’d also say that’s a credit to Joshua that he got the old once great champion out in the 11th round.
    But man. 40+ is 40+ and that man is severely limited. mans I just go by the standard of every fighter or athlete that has ever existed.

11. chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum Red Belt

well except. Klitschko was gunshy and old and couldn’t see the openings to capitalize off of. which he was older when he fought Joshua and that makes Joshua a god for having a hard fight against a once great champion

so who’s was better? Who had the easier time with klitschko?

12. stuff jones

stuff jones Brown Belt

Chisora is a big banger. Ruiz has arguably the fastest hands in the division and is a pretty well schooled boxer.

Outside of stature, there's not really much of a comparison.

Yacob and borntoloseNOT like this.
  13. AnthonyCasso

AnthonyCasso Yellow Belt

Honestly, I think it's a ploy. Ruiz isn't looking thin at all ..not even remotely. I'm a youtube nerd and have most fight related stuff pinned in. When he got off the plane in Saudi Arabia , he looked thick as usual, maybe 260. Joshua looked a lot more leaned out 235-240, legs are bulked out like crazy with a much thinner upper body. Sometimes things get leaked out closer to fight time, I think I see Joshua's strategy more clearly now.

I just saw some of his last workouts before leaving America, they will try to exploit Andy's bad foot work. Andy is gonna move forward and Joshua will try to fight him on his back foot, maybe trade when he can. Ruiz will be looking to plod forward Ducking and slipping really well while throwing hard violent barrages on the inside.

I'm super excited for this fight, as it looms closer , I'm hesitant to throw money on Ruiz like I had planned, Vegas has AJ as the favorite. It's gonna be interesting. I can predict Ruiz, he doesn't change his style much , he doesn't need to for AJ, he only needs to be able to do what he's already done better. I do see that Ruiz has a hole in his footwork, he needs to come foward and slip while throwing combinations. I think Joshua and his team will attempt to keep Ruiz at the end of his punches, however Ruiz is confident he can slipp and keep moving foward.

Ruiz is faster than AJ, Joshua can't simply throw a jab and expect to win conservatively. Dimitrenko tried that and was punished for it. Aj isn't Dimitrenko lol, however he can't simply jab and stay away. He has to cut angles and hurt Ruiz enough to keep him off. Personally my mind is perplexed at the moment. I'm having a hard time predicting this fight. AJ has looked really fluid lately, he was moving gracefully in his workouts. But this is fighting, Andy will fight him tooth n nail, I believe Ruiz is crazy like that, Joshua is going to be forced to fight at some point , he is quite capable of hurting Ruiz, however I feel Ruiz can fight recklessly and be very unpredictable.

I do know one thing , The great james Toney said " You have to give ass to get ass". Ruiz is an example of a fighter willing to go for broke.

Badr Hari and Hagler like this.
  14. Mmmmmmma1234

Mmmmmmma1234 Black Belt

So easy he ran and hid from the rematch as hard as he could.

15. Mmmmmmma1234

Mmmmmmma1234 Black Belt

Well Klitschko left one fight eager to return as he thought he wins that rematch everytime but couldn't use his guaranteed rematch clause for some reason. While AJ beat him so bad he turned down the rematch and retired from boxing.

16. Doug Money

Doug Money White Belt

I think Ruiz has a harder time with Deontay than Fury. If Andy can take the Bomb from Wilder, he can drown him in deep waters. Get him against the ropes, as to not give him room to swing any haymakers. Vs Fury, Ruiz needs to get in, get out. He will get tagged a lot more, but Tyson lacks the power to crack Andys chin. All 3 have better chins than Joshua, and that makes these matchups very exciting and highly unpredictable.

17. AnthonyCasso

AnthonyCasso Yellow Belt

To be honest, Wlad tuned him up pretty good. Joshua just had younger legs and way less wear and tear. I think Wlad just figured it was a good time to call it quits. That was a good fight.

Yacob likes this.
  18. AnthonyCasso

AnthonyCasso Yellow Belt

Ruiz vs Wilder is pretty interesting, I think Fury out boxes him easy, Andy's foot work isn't all that great and will be much shorter then his 6'9 opponent, Ruiz won't be able to cover enough ground with Fury. Lol this era is funny, you have a fat Mexican who's hands are faster then anyone in the division, a 6'7 athletic freak with ridiculous power , a 6'9 giraffe that has amazing foot work and odd angles , finally a Greek god Olympian with a very conventional style.

19. djacobox372

djacobox372 Gold Belt

His last fight.

Wald was easy in retrospective.

Kovalev's "Man Bag" likes this.
  20. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

He was a bloody mess in his last fight. He was getting worked over for a few rounds there.