Fury "I'd beat the little fat pig(Ruiz) easily"

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Tyson Fury believes that ‘little fat pig’ Andy Ruiz’s success over Anthony Joshua proves that sport science has no impact on heavyweight boxing, and reckons he would beat the Destroyer with ease.

The Gypsy King is set to rematch Deontay Wilder in February after their thrilling draw in December 2018, although an official announcement has not been made yet.

Before that contest, Ruiz will rematch Joshua with the American’s WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight belts on the line in Saudi Arabia on 7 December.

The Destroyer stopped AJ in the seventh round of their first meeting in June and Fury believes that win was proof that nutritionists, and sports scientists can have little say on the heavyweight division.

‘There’s three rules to boxing: train hard, eat well and get your rest,’ Fury told the True Geordie Podcast. ‘Especially for heavyweights there’s nothing else. When you want to start implementing all these different technologies into your game, improvements, 1% here or there, it’s a load of shite to be honest with you. ‘Andy Ruiz, let’s just use him, he’s a great example. Little fat pig, comes in on three months’ notice, murdered every doughnut and taco in the whole of California, and then goes in with a man who’s had a 12-week training programme with every sports scientist in the United Kingdom. And whatever else he’s done, he’s broke every heart monitor in sight, he’s done every cross-fit machine, he’s done everything totally correct. And he’s had the best nutrition and the best diet you can get.

‘But the little fat fella goes in there and bowls him over in seven rounds.

‘How do all them scientists look at me then and say, “This is better, this is how you should do it”? Because they can’t. Because it’s still one-on-one combat and anything can happen.

‘I believe there’s no substitute for hard work and dedication to the job. And now when my nutritionist says, “Oh we want you to eat this, that, and the other” I say, “No, I’m going to have a Mars bar, a chocolate biscuit and a cup of coffee with 10 sugars in because it’s not going to alter my performance because I’m a heavyweight, and if you’ve got anything to say about it go and watch the Andy Ruiz-Anthony Joshua fight”.’

The Ruiz vs Joshua rematch is causing huge debate among boxing fans, with opinion split over who will come out on top.

Fury, though, believes the champion would scarcely pose him any problems at all, and doesn’t rate Ruiz any higher than British heavyweight Derek Chisora, who he has already beaten twice.

‘It’s an awkward style but it’s tailor-made for me. He’s 6ft1 or 6ft2 and squat, leaning forward. That style is easy for me,’ Fury continued. ‘That’s that Chisora style. Is he any better than Derek Chisora? A good Derek Chisora on a good night? I don’t think so.

And I handled that quite comfortably. Closed my eyes actually some of the time. One hand behind my back and stuff like that. That style is easy for me, it’s easy for me to just jab and move. ‘Like Klitschko would make easy work of Ruiz, because that style for him is easy – that stature, that style, he fought loads of them. I’ve fought loads of them, all my career, the average size heavyweight is 6ft1, 6ft2, 6ft3, 17-18 stone. ‘They swing hooks and throw one-twos. But it’s the ones that are awkward or gangly or a different style that people struggle with. The conventional styles are always easy to beat.’

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Tyson already working up the hype for the unification bout with Ruiz. What a champ.

That will be a fight to see! I hope that Ruiz wins his title defence..

I get where Fury is coming from but Ruiz is no Chisora.

Fury doesn't beat anyone easily. When was he ever in an easy fight? He gets tagged and dropped and regularly goes the distance.

Speaking of pigs, he was bleeding like a stuck pig in his last fight against a gimmie tune up fight.
Even his own father was extremely disappointed.

Hopefully he doesn't pull the same thing he did in the Klitchko rematch to Wilder.
Hope Tyson keeps it together this time.
The thing is we know Wilder and Ruiz will show up physically and mentally in both rematches...
The same cant be said for Joshua or Fury.

Fury doesn't beat anyone easily. When was he ever in an easy fight? He gets tagged and dropped and regularly goes the distance.
I kind of actually remember the Vlad fight being super easy for him... However, I only watched it once due to how boring and ugly it was. He out Klitchko'ed an actual Klitchko.

Well he’s no Otto Wallin, that’s for sure.

Think he comfortably beats Ruiz tbh. I think Ruiz is very capable of beating Joshua again and doing the same to wilder. Fury’s all wrong for Ruiz

I kind of actually remember the Vlad fight being super easy for him... However, I only watched it once due to how boring and ugly it was. He out Klitchko'ed an actual Klitchko.

horrible fckin fight yet it’s surprising how many call it a master class??? ive actually watched it twice; never again!
That last sentence sums it up perfectly!

After his performance against Wallin, I don't think Fury beats anyone easily anymore. I would still favor him over Ruiz. But not as much as I once did.

Andy Ruiz, let’s just use him, he’s a great example. Little fat pig, comes in on three months’ notice, murdered every doughnut and taco in the whole of California
<{anton}>
I gotta be honest, wasn’t the biggest Fury fan before the Wilder fight but he’s growing on to me

NINTCHDBPICT000314201542-e1568200758274.jpg

Maybe him and Ruiz can hook up for a Payday after they both lose to Wilder and Joshua.

horrible fckin fight yet it’s surprising how many call it a master class??? ive actually watched it twice; never again!
That last sentence sums it up perfectly!
Lol it was brilliant yet awful all at once

Back