Funniest US president?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think it has to be Ronald Reagan. For those of you too young to remember, here's an idea of what he was like:

I think Trump and Biden both are missing huge opportunities in the humor department.

They both come across as very serious guys.

Humor makes you likeable, charming even. And makes you more relatable which increases trust.

Reagan understood this and went out of his way to write jokes into all his speeches.

Obama could occasionally say a funny line. Bush and Clinton both seem like they liked to laugh more than they make others laugh.

And I'm talking about being intentionally funny here, so bush's verbal flubs and ford falling down don't count.

I think watching Trump is a comedy act in itself! I think he's hilarious (mostly unintentionally).

Bush Jr. was funny as well in an awkward guy sorta way.

I'm not old enough to remember Regan.

Reagan's "youth and inexperience" line was gold but of course none of them wrote their own material. He just was better at executing from his years working in Hollywood which is sort of ironic since everyone who claims him as the greatest President is convinced Hollywood is nothing but pedophiles.

<36>

Reagan's "youth and inexperience" line was gold but of course none of them wrote their own material. He just was better at executing from his years working in Hollywood which is sort of ironic since everyone who claims him as the greatest President is convinced Hollywood is nothing but pedophiles.

<36>

Most presidents write at least parts of their own material, or at least speak extemporaneously at times. Reagan was uniquely an actor - he didn't stop when left Hollywood.

Abraham Lincoln
As our most woke president in a criminally un-woke world, Abe is always getting torn down by people, but even his critics can’t deny his insane comedy chops. Picture this motherfucker: He was literally sixteen feet tall and maybe 70 pounds soaking wet, he looked like an emaciated Neanderthal, but he just dropped bombs on your moms, delivering low-key comedy that knocked all your shit out. Imagine a folksy, soft-spoken Bill Hicks. He was bitchy and crass, and his comedy specials were never letdowns. His impressions were also known to be brilliant, with his mimicry prowess probably slotted somewhere between Jimmy Fallon and the Police Academy guy. It’s cliché, possibly even predictable, but don’t let the revisionist historians sully Honest Abe, our greatest and without a doubt most hilarious president.

Reagan's "youth and inexperience" line was gold but of course none of them wrote their own material.
In the video I posted they found stacks of 3x5 cards with jokes written on them by Reagan himself. His speech writers may have helped but he came up with a ton of gold by himself.

I think it has to be Ronald Reagan. For those of you too young to remember, here's an idea of what he was like:

I think Trump and Biden both are missing huge opportunities in the humor department.

They both come across as very serious guys.

Humor makes you likeable, charming even. And makes you more relatable which increases trust.

Reagan understood this and went out of his way to write jokes into all his speeches.

Obama could occasionally say a funny line. Bush and Clinton both seem like they liked to laugh more than they make others laugh.

And I'm talking about being intentionally funny here, so bush's verbal flubs and ford falling down don't count.

Trump uses a lot of stand up comedy elements in his rallies. I dont remember a president ever being this entertaining.

And what other president would ever put up stuff like this on their own youtube channel? LOL

I find Trump plenty of funny. Nothing wrong with also being serious, IMO. Being president is a serious job.

I think you're underrating Trump's comedic chops. He says some intentionally funny things, in fact more consistently than any recent president.

Id give a slight edge to W over trump as far as unintentional comedy.

You guys didn't see Obama's recent campaign speeches? Very funny and truthful. Great sense of humor.

Trump is without a doubt the funniest president the US has ever had. Bush Jr is up there, too. Unintentional comedy is usually the best comedy. I just wish it didn't have actual effect on people, y'know?

George W and its not even close

Trump a close 2nd

"W" said funny shit, did funny shit, and often was unintentionally hilarious.

Dk_Bms.gif

raw

200.gif

giphy.gif

He also throws a wicked strike.

gwb-first-pitch-better.gif

Great shoe dodging ability. I'd probably hit his pitch over the fence for gamewinning homerun.

All debates going forward should have events for measuring shoe dodging and baseball throwing.

I think watching Trump is a comedy act in itself! I think he's hilarious (mostly unintentionally).

Bush Jr. was funny as well in an awkward guy sorta way.

I'm not old enough to remember Regan.

This, once you put away the fact he's the leader of the free world you can really enjoy his comedy. I was just saying to a mate this morning I'd love him to be someone's uncle, so i could go around to a barbecue, drink beers and listen to him, I think he's hilarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back