• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fuji BJJ Gi Review

Don't have any pics but I got the A3 and I'm 5'10" and around 205 and it fits fine. It even dries overnight, I can wash it after a night BJJ practice and wear it the next day in the afternoon without ever drying it. Worn it maybe 6 times now, lightweight but feels sturdy, happy with the gi. Going to get another one in A4 and intentionally shrink it like 5-10 times just so I can have one I don't have to worry about whether or not I dry it.

How's the fit on the A3 Ouano for you? We're about the same size, and I was worried too that an A4 would be too big after reading they were really baggy and didn't shrink much.

I'm also thinking of getting a Fuji, in A4 though after reading up on the sizing posts in this thread.

A3 fits amazing after 5 mins in the dryer

I got my black fuji A2 last week, I washed and dryed once and it fits snug. I am 5'6" and 155 lbs. I ordered from NHBgear and rcvd excellent customer service. Received Gi in 2 days. They answered 2 of my emails immediately just like instant messaging. It is very similar to my gameness pearl weave. The pants are not quite as thick but the fit is great.

can u guys tell me what size to get ? for a Fuji BJJ Blue Single Weave Gi or a Fuji BJJ White Single Weave Gi
Im 6'2 and 170 lbs, thats 187cm and 77 kg
Do they shrink ? Do i need a A3 or A4 ?

I just got an A3, and I'm 5'8 about 180 pounds. After about 15 minutes of drying it fits pretty well, but I need to get the pants hemmed by about 3 inches.

can u guys tell me what size to get ? for a Fuji BJJ Blue Single Weave Gi or a Fuji BJJ White Single Weave Gi
Im 6'2 and 170 lbs, thats 187cm and 77 kg
Do they shrink ? Do i need a A3 or A4 ?

bump!!! and Is it true that the blue ones ar smaller then the white ones ?

bump!!! and Is it true that the blue ones ar smaller then the white ones ?

You're my size + 1" taller, and I've never tried on a Fuji, but I could not imagine an A3 not fitting you. A4 would be huge unless you shrunk the hell out of it.

You're my size + 1" taller, and I've never tried on a Fuji, but I could not imagine an A3 not fitting you. A4 would be huge unless you shrunk the hell out of it.
Will A3 fit me if I'm 5'11 (182.5cm)? I bought venum a2 but it has really short pants and now I'm looking for a better fitting gi. Same question as the previous guy, is the difference in sizing between white and blue ones noticeable? I'd love to get black gi, but if the blue ones are smaller then I'll buy blue.

#edit
forgot to write my weight, which is 160lbs (72kg).

I think i'll be getting a fuji over the holidays - I'm about 6'1 and just over 170lbs - from what I gather from all the posts is that an a3 is going to be my best bet if I don't shrink it much, or do you think shrinking an a4 would be a better bet? I have a longer upper body (my legs aren't super long basically)

Will A3 fit me if I'm 5'11 (182.5cm)? I bought venum a2 but it has really short pants and now I'm looking for a better fitting gi. Same question as the previous guy, is the difference in sizing between white and blue ones noticeable? I'd love to get black gi, but if the blue ones are smaller then I'll buy blue.

#edit
forgot to write my weight, which is 160lbs (72kg).

narwi- You and I are the exact same height and weight. I have both a white and blue Fuji BJJ gi in A3 which fit me great. My blue one fits the same as my white one.

On another note, has anyone figured out an easy way to tighten the pants? The funky drawstring is driving me nuts! I swear it takes like 3-4 minutes just to tighten my pants. I have no issues with my HCK or any other gi I've owned.

Hello again,

For the folks wanting specifics:

The A3 Fuji weighs less than 4 lbs 5 ounces w/out belt
This is surprising considering how burly the collar is, and the excellent kimono reinforcements with taped seams. The pants are great, not Koral quality, but they last and are very comfy. I don't understand the fellow that had trouble with the drawstring??? Anyway, these gis are rediculous for the low price. I have been rolling in mine for months with no evidence of wear, except the blue is lighter where the collar gets rubbed in the wash. Considering you can have two or three of these for the price of one MKM... No brainer!

I have blue and white in stock A2 to A4 for a very fair price. I will price match any legit offer.

mynewgi.com

CB
:icon_chee

hey guys, im 5'9 140lbs so im relatively light/thin

would a A2 size fit me well?

I can't decide between Fuji/Gameness Pearl/Gameness Platinum. Anyone who could compare Gameness gis to Fuji? I really like stiff and thick collars, but I just can't ignore so many people praising Fuji.

Yes. I'm 5'9" 155lbs and my A2 is good. I accidentally shrank it a bit too much in the drier because I was in a hurry one day (need two!) but it's still a good size for me.

I can't decide between Fuji/Gameness Pearl/Gameness Platinum. Anyone who could compare Gameness gis to Fuji? I really like stiff and thick collars, but I just can't ignore so many people praising Fuji.

I've got a few Fujis and a buddy of mine has a Gameness Single, Pearl and Platinum. The Fuji's collar is noticeably thicker than the Pearl's but the collar on the Gameness Single and Platinum appear to be slightly thicker and stiffer than the Fuji's. I would say the collar on the Fuji is thick and soft.

I am probably going to give mine away because it shrunk really bad on me. Washed it in cold water and hung it to dry. Has this happened to anybody else?

This is my exact size and I have an A1 and an A2. If you can, get an A2 Jacket and A1 pants. After machine drying the jacket it is perfect, but even the A1 pants are still big in the waist.

This is my first post and first use of a forum. Just wanted to say this gi is freakin' nice. Can't wait to roll in it. I'm 5'6'' 142 lbs and the A1 fits perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back