• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fuji BJJ Gi Review

I just got mine. It definately is a solid gi! I'm 5'10 and about 140 and I ordered an A3 so naturally the gi is a little big on me. I'll prolly shrink the pants just a tiny bit but the top is rather big on me. The sleeve length is about right but the sleeve width and torso width are ratherlarge one me. Is the any way to just shrink the torso size without ruining the sleeve length. I'll post pictures if you guys would like to see.

i gotta a question , iam 5'9 230 iam pretty much the shapeof a gorilla haha .

i wear a dax moskito 4.5 what would that be in bjj size ??

would an a3 fit me or a a4 ?? i just dont want long pants .

iam thinking of going with ouano so i can order the jacket and pants in seperate sizes .. but the fuji is so damn cheap .

iam thinking of going with ouano so i can order the jacket and pants in seperate sizes .. but the fuji is so damn cheap .

I'd say go with the A4 and you should be okay. The pants might be a tiny bit long but this is an excellent kimono for the price.

I'd say go with the A4 and you should be okay. The pants might be a tiny bit long but this is an excellent kimono for the price.

cool i bought a ouano the other day but iam prob gonna get a fuji .

i got a ouano a3 cuz on here a guy whos like 6'4 190 bought a a4 and he was swimming in it so i just hope the a3 ouano fits i cant see why it wouldnt they say its limited shrinkinge

Also, has anyone tried out GT brand or Hankeki Kimonos? They are cheap but they also look rather flimsy from the pictures ive seen of them.

Not much shrinkage at all after a cold wash and hang dry. Love the fit on this one, much more snug than my Koral Classic A3. Here are some pics.

Cool dog in the background. Surprised hes not looking at the camera.

I didn't know they made the Fuji gi in black. I only saw white and blue when I ordered mine.

As for the people asking where to buy it from, I got it from martial arts online. I think the website was maols.com. Shipping was fast. I was happy with the service.

I'm just starting BJJ and about to invest in a Gi as well. I showed the Fuji Gi to a friend who has been doing BJJ for years and his concern was that it was a single weave and chokes would be more easily accessible. From reading these posts, it would appear that the Fuji's have some strength to them. Is there that big of a difference between the single weave and the double weave.

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered in this thread. I'm just anxious to make my purchase!

Browns08,
the Fuji is a good gi and the collar is fine. Just because its a single doesnt mean the collar is crap. Buy it you wont be let down.

I'd go with the A4 and shrink the heck out of the pants. I'm 5'9" 200-205 lbs. and definitely not "gorilla shaped" and I think the A3 jacket is a bit snug on me, especially if you wear an undershirt.

Browns08,
the Fuji is a good gi and the collar is fine. Just because its a single doesnt mean the collar is crap. Buy it you wont be let down.

Thanks for the reply. That seals the deal!

they're pieces of shit........... seriously i'd steer clear from that shit and just go with the fuji

I've got a fuji single and I love it! I was just thinking about the adidas for a secondary kimono.

they're cheap for a reason.

Just get another fuji but in the other color. 1 white and 1 blue.

Does anyone know if the RGDA versions are double weaves? I saw somewhere where it was said to be a double weave. Can anyone confirm this?

ASlo, can anyone tell me if this is a legit BJJ kimono? I'v never seen this color before. I'm not buying it but I was just wondering.

Add to Cart

??

Should I get an A3 if I weigh 145-150lbs ..5'6"

A lot of people are saying that Blue Gi A2 fits like an A1..? Can anybody shed some light..

??

Should I get an A3 if I weigh 145-150lbs ..5'6"

A lot of people are saying that Blue Gi A2 fits like an A1..? Can anybody shed some light..

Definitely A2! You might not have to shrink it though.

Back