Fuji BJJ Gi Review

Treeoflife85

White Belt
Reaction score
Ordered this from Kodokan Gear for a steal of a price at $59. They advertise it as being a true BJJ cut and they deliver on that promise.

As you can see from the pictures it's cut tightly in all the right places, but it still gives plenty of room for full range of movement. It's a single weave, but as with the rest of the Gi, it feels extremely sturdy with a underlying sense of quality craftsmanship behind it.

I also included a picture of the lapel in comparison to my Keiko Raca and the difference in relatively negligible considering that the Fuji was half the price. The Gi also comes with a set of four patches, two large and two small, to place wherever you choose.

The pants are the perfect thickness, and will definitely hold up to punishment, but aren't uncomfortable. They are also more thickly padded at the knee. Hopefully the review and pictures will help you guys in your Gi buying decisions. I would very much recommend this Gi to anyone. 10/10 - perfect as far as I can tell.

P.S. This is after one wash and one dry, both at the hottest settings, in order to shrink a little for the perfect fit.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2182/1573804799_3d7cb74770_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/1573804993_92243e4f23_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2192/1573805131_ecb5613abb_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2322/1574693110_cf173d9d1d_o.jpg

thanks for the review.
I just ordered a HCK unbleached single weave, but i'm probably gonna grab a fiji one too, so i can have 2 in my rotation. washing and drying gi's take alot of effort....

Hello Bro, thanks for your review. It looks like a great deal. Can you do me a favor and just messure the sleeves and the pants (sleeve).

What weight/height you are? Which size you choose for the fuji?

yea can you show how wide the sleeves are compared to other gis:?

Hey guys,

The sleeves measure 6" (15cm) in diameter when fully stretched.
The pants measure 9" (24cm) in diameter when fully stretched
I measured both the Fuji and the Keiko in this way and the Fuji is definitely the tighter cut of the two.
Oh, and I'm 5'11" and 169 pounds. I went with the Fuji A3 gi and A3 belt. Both are perfect. Hope this helps.

nice review, i like the way it looks...i think i will pick one up.

Hey guys,

The sleeves measure 6" (15cm) in diameter when fully stretched.
The pants measure 9" (24cm) in diameter when fully stretched
I measured both the Fuji and the Keiko in this way and the Fuji is definitely the tighter cut of the two.
Oh, and I'm 5'11" and 169 pounds. I went with the Fuji A3 gi and A3 belt. Both are perfect. Hope this helps.

Thanks perfect. did you train in it?

My problem with my hck unbleached single standard is, after the training or just in the moment when my hole kimono is fuel of sweat is heavy and uncomfortable as shit. Its so uncomfortable, that it feels like a double double weave kimono, like 10 lbs.

So what about the weight? is the kimono light? Compare it to your keiko please

It's extremely light. I think the entire Gi weighs in at around 5 pounds.
I have had rigorous training sessions in it and sweat seems to pass right through the material,
not weigh it down.
I'd say that it is very light, but very durable.

It's extremely light. I think the entire Gi weighs in at around 5 pounds.
I have had rigorous training sessions in it and sweat seems to pass right through the material,
not weigh it down.
I'd say that it is very light, but very durable.

Thanks buddy, what about the size of the kimono...? the pants looks a little bit to large for an 5"11' guy.

I am 5"11' too but 25 kg heavyer then you (210 lbs). should i go too with an a3 or grab a a4 kimono?

regards

I would contact Vin at kodokangear.com to see which size you should go with.
And the pants fit pretty much perfectly, no saggy butt/crotch area, and the cuffs sit right above
my ankle.

I would contact Vin at kodokangear.com to see which size you should go with.
And the pants fit pretty much perfectly, no saggy butt/crotch area, and the cuffs sit right above
my ankle.

Ok i ask him, but what would you recommand? Or can you just give some heavy guys the kimono to figure out if it would fit me :) thanks

Bullzeye,

If I were you I would probably go for an A4 kimono and A3 pants. The Kimono fits me perfectly and I'm 30 or so pounds lighter than you. Talk with Vin at Kodokangear.com, he was very helpful with my order and I'm sure he'll be the same with you.

Thanks buddy, what about the size of the kimono...? the pants looks a little bit to large for an 5"11' guy.

I am 5"11' too but 25 kg heavyer then you (210 lbs). should i go too with an a3 or grab a a4 kimono?

regards

I just ordered an A4 Fuji Kimono based on the posts around here lately. I'm 6'0" 210, so I'll let you know how it fits if you haven't already ordered one.

how tight are the pants? i have a big ass :(

I just ordered an A4 Fuji Kimono based on the posts around here lately. I'm 6'0" 210, so I'll let you know how it fits if you haven't already ordered one.

i like you, i like sex. its nice! :icon_chee

This Gi was suggested to me right after i ordered a single HCK gi. I hear even the single HCK is heavy and that's what i am trying to avoid. I can't find the fabric stats for Fugi though, the HCK says it's 15oz and light yet strong, is the Fugi lighter you think? I have a cool looking Ronin black Judo/BJJ gi now that I love except that it gets hot as hell and it's too heavy so i am trying to replace it.

I just ordered a blue one.. will post pics when i get it

Goodness, I'm so tempted to pick one up in Blue.

Hatashita Enterprises has it for $69 in A3 and Kodokan has it for $74 in A3. Any preference with the websites?

Back