• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fuji BJJ Gi Review

If anybody out there has some Fuji patches they're not gonna use, please PM me.

For those who wonder about size,

I am 5'8" or 5'9" ish and 175. I went with the A3 due to comments on here and had to shrink it quite a bit. The pants are just a tiny bit too long still (but definitely fine, just personal preference) after washing on hot and drying several times. The top was a big - I shrunk it as well, the sleeves are now perfect although it does feel a little large around my torso, however I am used to incredibly snug gi's as I shrunk some of them on accident way too much, so who knows - it could actually be perfect. It feels fine though.

The fabric is actually softer than either my Ouano Pearl or my Gameness Pearl. And one thing I havent seen mention here is the thickness of the lapel...WOW. It is literally twice as thick as my Ouano (if not more?) and alot more thick than my Gameness, which is known for its thick collars. It's incredibly thick which is good for choke defense.

I think this is my best purchase ever for $74 (I got the blue one), although I would have liked to see how an A2 would have fit right out of the bag...it might have been better and more snug how I personally like it.

For those who wonder about size,

I am 5'8" or 5'9" ish and 175. I went with the A3 due to comments on here and had to shrink it quite a bit. The pants are just a tiny bit too long still (but definitely fine, just personal preference) after washing on hot and drying several times. The top was big - I shrunk it as well, the sleeves are now perfect although it does feel a little large around my torso, however I am used to incredibly snug gi's as I shrunk some of them on accident way too much, so who knows - it could actually be perfect. It feels fine though.

The fabric is actually softer than either my Ouano Pearl or my Gameness Pearl. And one thing I havent seen mention here is the thickness of the lapel...WOW. It is literally twice as thick as my Ouano (if not more?) and alot more thick than my Gameness, which is known for its thick collars. It's incredibly thick which is good for choke defense.

I think this is my best purchase ever for $74 (I got the blue one), although I would have liked to see how an A2 would have fit right out of the bag...it might have been better and more snug how I personally like it.

I just ordered a blue A4 from jj pro gear.
Will post my thoughts when it gets here.

Also need help with sizing. I'm 6' and 155lbs.

I bought a Gameness Pearl A3 and it was too big out of the box. I washed it in hot water and dried it on the hottest setting in the dryer 4 times, and it's still uncomfortably to big. So now I have to find a way to sell the thing.

I was going to go with an A2 Fuji, but from what I can tell their sizes might be a bit smaller compared to other brands.

Would I be an A2 and just cold wash/hang dry, or try the A3 again and hot wash/high heat the thing to death?

Can anyone compare the Gameness Pearl sizes to the Fuji sizes??

even washing cold and hang drying they shrink...Great gi as soon as you figure the ..By 1 size larger then usual...

my instuctor is 5'9' 160 usually a a2 and it shrank to small for him i traded him my 3 for a 4 3 fits him good and yes I'm sure we have sold like 25 of them in our gym

Received my white Fuji A3 Single weave today. Initial thoughts are positive. It's definitely a lot lighter than the Gameness Pearl, also feels a lot softer, but doesn't seem like it's going to be as durable.

Size wise.. I'm 6'0 155lbs, and it's a bit to big out of the box. It's about the same size as a Gameness Pearl A3 if fully shrunk. It's going through a wash/dry cycle right now so I'll give an update when it comes out.

Update:

After one wash in hot water and delicate heat cycle in the dryer, the gi fits perfectly. Not to big, not to snug. Pants were to long at first but now are at a proper length, they come up just slightly above my ankles.

Very pleased with it so far, but won't get to roll in it for a while since I hurt my back.

Also something I noticed is that the pants and top are matching shades of white, unlike the Gameness where the pants were a darker shade. Weird.

I've been wearing my blue Fuji for a week now. Great gi so far, it's strong and not too heavy. And it looks great. I'm 6' 210 lbs with a 33 inch waist, so I bought an A4. It was huge. I washed and dried it once at high temperature and now the jacket fits perfectly (the sleeves shortened about 4 inches). Lenghtwise, the pants fit great, but the waist is still too big and they wont shrink anymore. The drawstring helps but I will be buying smaller pants with my next gi. I would recommend an A3 if youre around my size. Hope this is helpful.

For the $$$ you cannot touch the Fuji Victory. Get two instead of one Koral and have lunch money left over!

They are snug in the shoulders compared to the Koral, but Koral run large.

mynewgi.com

Hi,

I am 5'11.5 and 179

The Fuji Victory A3 fits PERFECT!!! The kimono is spot on and the pants are perfect. **I cold wash and line dry to keep it tight and bright.

I have to cycle my Koral MKMs 4 to 5 times to get the fit right (they start out huge)

mynewgi.com

Looking at one of these as my gi. Anyone have my sort of build and have a good size? I'm 6'4 190lbs, long arms and legs.

Hey guys, just ordered a White A3. Should arrive in 2 days. Weehee, can't wait.:icon_chee I will too post my review when I get it.

BTW, got it from Budovideos.com for $69 with 2nd day shippin +$9, then also got a coupon code "budodog" and got 5% off (better than nothing). Was going to order from Kodokangear but their shipping link was messed up so hopfully Budovideos is just as good.

Got my package right on time. Like I said in my previous post, this is my first ever own Gi, so unfortunately I have nothing to compare to except the ones my school provides which has been used(god knows how many times) but they're washed n clean. These Gi are very smooth, feels very durable. I was hoping it would be thinner because its single weave but then again I've never wore any other so... here are some pictures straight out of the bag.

I'm about 5'9 158lbs. Got the A3 size and as you can see the jacket and the pants are quite big. But hopfully I'll get it to shrink down to fit nicely. Gonna put it in the washer now, I'll give an update asap.

Package was right on schedule, came with jacket, pants, 4 patches, instruction for wash and a Martial Generation Mag. Here are some pics straight out of the bag...

FujiGiBag.jpg

GiHandsDown.jpg

fullbodyGi.jpg

I'm 5'9 160lbs. This is the A3 size, as you can see its pretty big, especially the pants. They're like 40inch waist and I'm only 30-32!! Hopfully i'll be able to shrink it down. This is my first ever own Gi, so I really have nothing to compare except the ones my school provided which were used but clean. First impression is very smooth material, feels durable. Thicker than I expected cauz its a single weave but then again, haven't wore any double or gold, just thought it would be a bit thinner. Collar is pretty thick, feel comfortable right out the bag. Putting it in the wash now. Will update soon.

^^^

It'll shrink up nicely. I'm 5'6" and WAS 140, and an A2 fit nicely after shrinking. I've gained weight in the past six months (about 20 lbs) and now the A2 is a bit small. My chest and and shoulders are just too big for the A2 now.

Back