French Olympic Wrestler taking down Ngannou AND Gane

A member of the Tunisian Olympic wrestling team. That's probably about the equivalent of a D3 wrestler.

And it doesn't look like either one are trying to defend.
Better than a Div1 in stand up wrestling.

Last edited:
Fernanf Lopez has been hyping him for a while, not sure why it took so long to get him a fight.

Here is his mma debut in ammys. Yep he lost by sub.

Did you not see Ngannou take down Miocic? Obama isn't president anymore.
JDS took down a prime Obama era Stipe

P1D2Vy.gif

Stipe was past his prime for the majority of Trump's presidency. Beating a washed Biden era Stipe isn't as much of a feat as some make it.

Last edited:
A member of the Tunisian Olympic wrestling team. That's probably about the equivalent of a D3 wrestler.

And it doesn't look like either one are trying to defend.
You might be surprised. I wrestled with a Peruvian Greco Nat Champ who was tougher than a 2 dollar steak. I also wrestled with a kid from England that became a Juco All American. Not exactly hotbeds for wrestling but if you can wrestle you can wrestle.

It doesn't look like hard sparring, but they are wearing gloves and punching. Every Olympic wrestler near their weight can take them down... But how many Olympic wrestlers near their weight are getting into MMA? Maybe a future star.

But you are way off with thinking Francis sucks at wrestling... He wouldn't have beaten the guys he has beaten if that was true...
He does suck at wrestling. But in mma, wrestling only gets you so far. Taking Ngannou down in a wrestling match is easy, but at mma, he is pretty decent at defending takedowns

Imagine thinking Ngannou has bad TDD after beating Cain, Stipe, and Blaydes x2, the literal best technical wrestlers of the UFC HW division’s history, you’ve gotta be severely mentally handicapped

<{outtahere}>

While I agree with your point, you're severely over-rating Blaydes here. He is not literally one of the top 3 most technical wrestlers in division history.

Cain, DC, Stipe, Lesnar off the top of my head.

I’m sure every Olympic wrestler anywhere near their weight can take these guys down with ease if they aren’t getting punched. Francis sucks at wrestling. Elite high school kids would outwrestle him.
If taking Francis down was that easy wouldn’t Blaydes have taken him down in his two fights with him lol

Imagine thinking Ngannou has bad TDD after beating Cain, Stipe, and Blaydes x2, the literal best technical wrestlers of the UFC HW division’s history, you’ve gotta be severely mentally handicapped

<{outtahere}>

Lol. Facts.

Slim Trabelsi just won his 2nd pro fight yesterday in Level Fights League (new dutch league)

Imagine what Karelin would have done.

Here is the full fight from Slim Trabelsi. Looked pretty good against an experienced ammy fighter. He would probably be the best HW wrestler in the UFC roster.

Weird how France is all of a sudden producing HW talent. Who would have thought?
Tony Yoka is french.
He won olympic gold in boxing along with many other amateur world medals.
He is currently undefeated and rising in the pro scene.

france has produced ATG kickboxing HW Jerome Le Banner who did some boxing(6-0) just for fun and mma(7-3) just for fun.

They have many hood kickboxers and muay thai fighters in their history.

Reactions: lsa
Explains why their TDD is good, train with that dude

Tony Yoka is french.
He won olympic gold in boxing along with many other amateur world medals.
He is currently undefeated and rising in the pro scene.

france has produced ATG kickboxing HW Jerome Le Banner who did some boxing(6-0) just for fun and mma(7-3) just for fun.

They have many hood kickboxers and muay thai fighters in their history.
Not to mention GOAT HW Judoka Teddy Riner, that has won gold in 10 world championships and 3 olympic games.
Anyway, I'm happy to see more talent come out of MMA factory. Fernand Lopez seems like a genuinely good guy. I also like what he does with the French MMA outlet "La Sueur".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back