Hard truths that people don't want to hear about Gane

Sparring is a time to work things out, & so I never put much weight into what happens in sparring.

If you're training your TD defense, you'd want someone who can expertly take you down so that you can learn.

These things are way less important than what happens in fights. Both of which happened to Gane... so there's that... but it was teh best fighters who did it to him. He's got some work to do, but I don't think it's as dire as TS is making it out to be.

"several times" must mean three times, because that's the total number including the takedowns. He literally stood there and let Gane tee off without attempting anything.
Don't just read the stats, watch the fight again. Attempts of clinching wouldn't show up in the stats anyway. Everytime he grabbed Gane, Gane pushed him off and punished him with combinations. He could never set up any throw, so he started getting desperate with takedowns while he was getting picked apart on the feet because he was getting tagged trying to close the distance when clinching as well.

Don't just read the stats, watch the fight again. Attempts of clinching wouldn't show up in the stats anyway. Everytime he grabbed Gane, Gane pushed him off and punished him with combinations. He could never set up any throw, so he started getting desperate with takedowns while he was getting picked apart on the feet because he was getting tagged trying to close the distance when clinching as well.
I literally posted a link to the fight in this thread

Everyone was telling me he was the one to beat jon

He lost to ONE KNEE Francis by getting wrestled to oblivion and totally Quit against Jones. He barely beat Tuivasa. Also do you people forget that Gane got ko'd on the feet by Ngannou in Sparring? Even Gane did not deny it, but tried to play it down that he was only rocked by Francis when they sparred. And last but not least, watch the training footage between him and MW striker Imavov, he gets take down at will by Imavov all the time.

Still a mystery what people see in Gane, he doesn't bring anything to the table other than a Jab and footwork.
Your threads consistently set the standard for idiots who spew verba diarrhea, indiscriminately.

He lost to ONE KNEE Francis by getting wrestled to oblivion and totally Quit against Jones. He barely beat Tuivasa. Also do you people forget that Gane got ko'd on the feet by Ngannou in Sparring? Even Gane did not deny it, but tried to play it down that he was only rocked by Francis when they sparred. And last but not least, watch the training footage between him and MW striker Imavov, he gets take down at will by Imavov all the time.

Still a mystery what people see in Gane, he doesn't bring anything to the table other than a Jab and footwork.
He barely beat Tuivasa. You lost me there. Too stupid didn't read.

Attachment-1_5fae0f28-61fa-48fe-a05e-a4abf51bff71_2000x.jpg

Personally I think the higher weightclasses have gone into a downward spiral overall, not just because theirs less raw talent involved but due to that lack of talent those guys who do have potential evolve less.

Gane fighting 10 years earlier would not have been able to build a career on easily outclassing mid level talent with very little wrestling ability, much more impetus for him to leave French Edmond and push himself more.

Losing by wrestling/LNP to Ngannou really is embarrassing and pretty indicative of how poor Gane’s TDD and wrestling is.

Talking about “losing to one knee Ngannou” I think downplays Gane’s striking - I don’t think Ngannou’s knee played a big role in who was going to win the fight standing, Gane is just so much better technically that Ngannou only had a puncher’s chance. Gane also easily beat Tai, thought that’s not really a great achievement.

Who knows if Gane can develop great TDD and/or decent ground gam. Had he been a LHW he’d never be ranked, but at HW there are so many fat and slow “top” fighters that Gane can use his athleticism to beat them. Aspinall would be a very interesting test for the both of them - will Gane have improved his ground game enough, and can Aspinall beat an elite of the elite fighter?

Best thing with Gane is that he's drawn a dime.

He is one of the 3-4 skilled HWs and sherdorks are tripping over themselves to shit on him.

Only bones fans say it’s impressive but they don’t believe it themselves. Francis beat him effortlessly in the grappling. There was no reason to suggest Gane is a top tier HW in mma, regardless of how smooth and pretty his striking & movement is.

Back