Hard truths that people don't want to hear about Gane

KanoKanito

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
He lost to ONE KNEE Francis by getting wrestled to oblivion and totally Quit against Jones. He barely beat Tuivasa. Also do you people forget that Gane got ko'd on the feet by Ngannou in Sparring? Even Gane did not deny it, but tried to play it down that he was only rocked by Francis when they sparred. And last but not least, watch the training footage between him and MW striker Imavov, he gets take down at will by Imavov all the time.

Still a mystery what people see in Gane, he doesn't bring anything to the table other than a Jab and footwork.

He moves around a lot to not be taken down & wants to counter punch. Not exciting, but ufc need to have him to help fill the HW roster.

What are you watching bro? Yeah Gane doesn't have one shot get you the fuck outa there power but he literally breaks people down in the stand up and makes them quit. And he's done this with everyone he's fought outside of Francis and Jon. Yeah sure he lost to those 2 but he was beating Francis on the feet until Francis went D1 and Jon didn't even want to strike with him and took it to the ground as soon as he could. Yes Gane's ground game needs work but dude is the best striker in the division outside of maybe Tom. You must be blind to not see what people see in Gane. I really don't understand why people discredit the guy when his only 2 losses are to the P4P best LHW fighter and the P4P best HW fighter.

Hes had 14 fights and only lost to the best HW in the world and the best fighter of all time. Both times he lost when they targeted his biggest weakness, one he's trying to remedy every day he trains.

I have no sympathy for the fact JJ has an excellent wrestling base and quite literally had a TD focused game plan he trained to execute for the first time in over a decade. I have no sympathy Francis is not only huge, frighteningly strong but also trained a suprise takedown gameplan. Gane is a noob who deserves no sympathy.

I agree with the OP, What a loser Gane is, a lost cause you should feel ashamed for not mocking at every turn. I hate to tell you Gane war Wagon riders, I'm sure the OP could obliterate Francis and JJ after only 8 fights.

Im sad I can only like the op a single time, it's a work of the highest genius.

Last edited:
Spivak couldn't take him down and yet he made quick work of Tuivasa and Lewis. And as we saw with Almeida, submitting Lewis is easier said than done. Gane is legit. He stopped Tuivasa, he also beat Volkov recently who is murdering everyone these days.

I was very impressed with Jones' win over him, and the fact that Ngannou injured could take him down when spivak couldn't it's also very impressive. People don't give them credit because they hate Jones and Ngannou really didn't look good at all against him but Gane is really good.

He shouldn't fight for the belt though. I hope he fights Almeida. Let's see what happens there. I think both have something to "prove" to the fans after their recent performances (Jones and Lewis)

I feel Blaydes would absolutely wash him and kill his hype, but who knows which version of Blaydes would show up

Gane is only champ if Aspinall gets injured again

Point fighter
No killer instinct
Never drawn a dime

That Paris card drew negative money IRC.. sec I'll check.

I found a few, obviously planted pieces of news propogana, that UFC Paris drew 4 mil at the gate and was one of the highest gates of all time in that arena.

It's unbelievable the lengths the MSM will go to to push the Big Gane conspiracy. Pretending like french people would want to see him. As if.

Gane is only champ if Aspinall gets injured again

I wouldn't be even mildly shocked if Gane KOed Aspinall. Aspinall is hittable, hurtable and can get pulled into exchanges.

Aspinall likes to exchange on the feet before he looks for TDs and he doesn't have the size and power of Francis or the Greco-Roman of JJ.

I'd pick Aspinall but the possibility of the above scenario would prevent me having a flutter on that fight.

I feel Blaydes would absolutely wash him and kill his hype, but who knows which version of Blaydes would show up

Blaydes is a poisioness match-up for Gane provided, as you alluded to, Blaydes doesn't go down the old wrestler who gives up wrestling because he falls in love with his hands path.

I swear to all that is holy, some guys get one KO and they think they now own on the feet. Or the guy that gets one KO and chases KOs for the rest of thier career, abandoning all the nuances that made them good. Seen that one in the gym a frustratingly large amount of times.

The blind lost to the man with one eye when it came to wrestling if you get my point, having said that...he shot himself in the foot going for the sub, he would had won that but he gave up position.

He is a glorified point fighter

He is a glorified point fighter

I think a lot of that reputation comes from the facts he's

A) scared to sit down on strikes because of tds and chooses to stay light at all times.
B) tries to stay at range and angles as his primary td defence.
C) by staying out of the pocket can keep his hands lower for TDD.

He's an athletic, decent size HW with good technique. He's capable of KOing anybody in the world with one punch. Doubly so if he draws opponents into a counter he sat down on.

As (if) his TDD improves I have no doubt Gane will look a much more dangerous KO artist. Biggest liabilty is his age, but he's at HW, so he has about 30yrs left before he ages out :).

Last edited:
Back