Freeman's Training Log

Thanks Martin,

the first was surprisingly easy.

the 390 vid was hard getting out of the hole, it felt like go fast as hell or fail down there so I went as fast as I could.

nice squat, your calves are fucking jacked good job.

nice squat, your calves are fucking jacked good job.

Thanks Vince, much appreciated. I push with my toes when I'm in the bottom of the squat. really all the power comes from the calves.

DL form look okay to you?

You are starting with your hips really high. Try squatting down right before you start the pull and use the stretch reflex to help you get off the ground.

well Im no expert but your back seems quite flat you might want to get your hips down abit more and try and stay more upright so you can use your quad strength abit more. it seems almost like a stiff leg deadlift the way youre doing it.

You are starting with your hips really high. Try squatting down right before you start the pull and use the stretch reflex to help you get off the ground.

well Im no expert but your back seems quite flat you might want to get your hips down abit more and try and stay more upright so you can use your quad strength abit more. it seems almost like a stiff leg deadlift the way youre doing it.

okay, thanks guys, I really do appreciate constructive criticism. I *thought* I was putting my hips down further. but obviously the vid shows a different story. I'll blame it on the squats and shoot another vid next time I DL.

Chase, are saying a little bounce motion is okay? or should I be keeping my ass right down as if i was sitting for a second before 'take off'

thanks white lightning, good article.

So I've got high blood preasure. rather than going to the doctor right away, I'm just going to loose some weight. I'm re evaluating my diet and re - introducing LSD conditioning into my program. I want to get down to 190lbs asap and keep it there for a week. I'll make sure my blood pressure goes down to a reasonable level. Then I'll go back to the goal of having the big 3 of 1000lbs. Then go back to getting my weight down further.

Saturday: all day GPP in yardwork

Monday: 2 hours of taking appart an above ground pool.

Today:
30 min walk on treadmill first thing in the AM.

1 1/2 hours of taking apart pool and taking down surrounding deck.

Gym time:

20 min on the bike, did some easy drills, sitting out of the seat and peddling hard, and othertimes going backwards.

had to wait to use the oly platform.

bw pull ups set of 10 x 2

got the platform
power cleans with 111x 10

conditioning challenge
111x 38
more notes on that in the thread.

12 min on the rowing machine.

Wednesday: more work outside for a couple hours

Thursday:

wanted to get to the gym, however after a couple hours of demolition on the back deck after work, I was pooped. then a 1/2 walk with the wife. I'm not getting to the gym but at least I'm active for a while each day.

Today:

1/2 hour walk on treadmill hoped off every few minutes and did a set of 20 pushups. 5 sets total.

I've logged all my eating for the last week, I'm surprised in how many calories I regularly consume.

I'm looking forward to hopping on the bathroom scale tommorow. I'm sure I'm down at least 5 lbs.

Every evening in the week has been 2hours ish of work outside.

Saturday, tearing apart an old deck. Lots of sledgehammering. My shoulders ached today.

Today: gym, cardio focus.

12 min of joggin (I can't believe the DOMS in my quads right now).

warm ups with bar (some cleans and presses)

some cleans with 111

halos w/35lb plate. x40

conditioning challenge

35 x 111 for i don't know but it's not as good as last time.

10 min on the stair climber
10 min of skip rope.

I'm getting really slack on logging workouts. but that is probably because I haven't been working out/doing anything exciting. I've been doing a fair bit of walking/yard work in staining a front veranda, tearing apart a big deck/above groud pool etc.

last week I fought off a bug (had weird cold sweats every now and then, phlemmy, needed more sleep than usual). Also trying to change the diet I don't have as much energy.

I had lost 8 lbs but after a day of driving around to family functions (b-day party, house warming, other random visits) and being fed to the brim I weighed in pretty heavy last night. - I need more disaplin in regards to my diet.

Friday night gym time:

8ish min of skipping

bunch of deadlifts with 135

October conditioning challenge (72 dl @ BW in 4 min)

more skipping 3x3 min rounds with 1 min break

biking drills for 10 min.

DOMS are a bitch from the challenge. I was not warmed up enough.

Tried to do some lifting and cardio at the same time...

10 min warm up on the bike.

Back Squats
bar x a lot
135 x 15
225 x 10
275 x 10 x 2sets
250 x 10 x 2
240 x 10
really kept the breaks short

OH Squats
95 x 10 x 3

DB Bench Press
50lb dbs x 10 x 10 sets. all had less than a minute between sets

incline db bench press
35 x 15
40 x 10 x 2

15 min on treadmill 1% incline
6 min at 6mph
1 min at 3mph
5 min at 6mph
1 min at 3mph
2 min at 7mph

home for an epsom salt bath.

from workout before last, me skipping and doing a poor job of it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ee1K-KRdk4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ee1K-KRdk4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^^^^^
Rock n roll brotha, that was awesome. You put me to shame, and actually look like you could be stellar at skipping if you stick with it.

Hey, do you mind if I start a "Video yourself skipping rope" thread in the conditioning forum and put this video in it (along with mine)?

^^^^^
Rock n roll brotha, that was awesome. You put me to shame, and actually look like you could be stellar at skipping if you stick with it.

Hey, do you mind if I start a "Video yourself skipping rope" thread in the conditioning forum and put this video in it (along with mine)?

Lol, I really don't think I did any better than you whatsoever. I was a *bit* better a few months ago.

Sure I don't mind it going up in the Conditioning Forum, If anyone rips me hard (I don't think they will) I'll just take it down :redface:

Back