just 4

Hanging Knee Raises:
Hanging Leg Raises:
12x3
Haning Knee Raises

Abwheel Roll outs
10x 4... or 5.... I lost count.

Cardio;

long long week at work, didn't get much sleep last night yadda yadda yadda.

decided to keep it light lsd type cardio

10 min jump rope then 20 min easy biking.

I started jumping was getting a good rhythem going... then was going foot to foot then back to keeping good rhythem, after about 10 minutes I thought: 'ah, what the heck, lets try a double under.... AND I DID IT!!!

Anyway it totally pumped me up, and I kept trying and trying and trying, sometimes i hit it some times PHAIL, my shins and wrists are red with phail, but I got it sometimes! then I worked it into a series:

jump jump jumps, hop on right foot, right foot, jump, jump, left foot, left, jump on both, both, DOUBLE UNDER, repeat.... frigging awesome.

I tried hitting double under right into another but I just don't have the timing down yet.

overall workout jump rope for 30-35 minutes ish, and a ton of fun.

got a great nighs sleep, but had to hit the road first thing in the AM and didn't get home until 8, gym was closed, didn't have the gumption for a run, so it was an hour + walk.

have been writing my workouts down but not posting (housesitting for my sister, lack of time).

June 29
Cardio 1/2 hour jump rope, 15 rowing

June 30
Squats:

started with the June monthly challenge, 6:30 for one mile sprint. 400 meters at a time (1/4 mile track) with 90 sec breaks.

squat warmup:

bar x 10
135x10
225x 5

T3 cycle 2 day 2
295x5
285x5
280x5
275x5
275x5

OH squat:

90lbs 10x4

SLDL
barx15x2

SLDL on 3 inch platform
barx20x2

July 1, Canada Day - Gym was closed

hiked for about 2 hours on a national area, enjoying the the beauty of Canada.

July 2 - today

13 min jump rope

benching like Dana.

70lb db bench

85x5x5

incline bench

65x5x3
60x5x2

did some cuban presses and lateral raises for pre hab

35lb db ohp x10, x10, x9, x8

Dips
bwx10 x 4

Knee raises 25
leg raises 20, 15,15
Knee raises (side to side) 20

Didn't get to the gym on Friday evening like I wanted, worked late and gym closes early. I'm an adult now

Got there this morning and not lifting heavy for a few days did pay dividends:

warm up on bike for 8 min

squat:
barx10
135x15 (cramp in my right quad, tried to work it out)
dynamic stretching
225x5
275x3

T3 Cycle 2 day 3:
325x3 (REP PR)
315x3
305x3
300x3
295x3

This weight went up fairly easy with out to many hitches.

Front squats body building style:
135x10
135x10
135x7 (slipped off shoulders)
135x8 (slipped off shoulders again, zerchered it back up...)

Step ups w/50lb dbs
5 per leg x 3 sets.

have more gas in the tank but I need to move apartments today (carry a whole bunch of books and clothes and toiliteries down 3 flights of stairs and up another one. then Griffin v. Jackson tonight WOOOOT!

I must have made approx 40 trips carrying different things of different weight down 3 flights of stairs and back up again on Saturday. Didn't get to the gym yesterday, but I don't feel to guilty given the work done Saturday.

Today: DL and Pull:

8 min warmup on bike:

DL:

165x10
225x10 cramp in the right quad AGAIN same spot, very high few inches from the waist.

working sets
315x5
335x3 (was going for 5, obviously I was over zealous. Some dick chuckled when I couldn't get up #4 I'll comment on that below).
315x5x2
275x5

SS
135lb BORx10
BW Chinx10
BORx10
Chinx6
BORx10
Chinnyx10
BORx10
Chinnyx7

SLDL on 2"platform 135x12x4

abwheel rollouts from knees 20x3
gym closed.

went to fiance's and grabbed her purple 3lb dbs and did cuban presses. 12x4

Next squat day I need to do calf work as assistance, really pulled hard tonight.

I think I need to do some stretches on cardio/off days/mornings. really weird cramping in my right quad.

I also need to do more research into shoulder pre hab. the shoulder presses with pussy weight actually feel really good.

as a note- I'm very un-quido. I wear old old worn out faded tshirts with wholes in the arm pits. I sweat so much it looks like I fell in the pool with my clothes on. I'm short, fat and hairy. all that being said, the volume I've been lifting has been getting people's attention in the gym.

last squat day the the token cute girl working the desk walked buy durring a set. when I push up at the top I often bounce a bit (going up as fast as I can). 300+ pounds on my shouulders rattles a bit - and I hear her behind me under her breath: "holy shit" I didn't know if it was regarding volume, shitty form or Lord know's what. Cutie girl was working at the desk tonight and was REALLY friendly with me, and I even got looks from a volleyball esque chick. Ego at all time high. Also the dick at the bench, What the hell does he care what I can DL? He doesn't know me, I sure don't know him and don't care to either. Dick. All I can say is now moving volume, despite the un-charming looks, is getting attention. I like it.

Cardio:

hot hot hot out. went to the gym, it was busy went into the squash quarts to do my skipping,

did a bunch of stuff ran while skipping (figured this out by accedent) and cross overs (and I can actually do a bunch in a row now that I know how, unlike the double unders.)

starting off i just wanted to see how many jumps in a row i could do and moderate tempo i got 114 jumps.

later I timed myself how long it took me to do 100 jumps (52 sec.) and I'll work on this in the future to try to reduce the time.

overall it was at least 35 min of jumping.

then 10 min on the treadmill at 6.6mph.

home for a cold shower.

5 min warmup on bike

squat rack in use so *slight* incline DB Bench
50x10
60x10
7x8
7x5x4

squat rack became available:
barx10
135x10
225x10

T3 cycle 3 day 1:
270x10 WOOOOT!
260x10 (see vid)
255x10
245x10
235x10

after the fourth squat one of the football players saw I was exasted and looked at me and said "Squat 'til you drop bro!" really pushed me on.

SuperSet between
BW Dips and Push Press

135x5
bwx 10
135x5
bwx 10
135x1 exhusted pushed it up and ALMOST lost 'er.
115x5
bw x10
115x5
bw x10
115x 10
bw x10

Form check of my second set 260x10
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g0clxZkVl9A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g0clxZkVl9A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looked good, you started to get a little high on some of the reps, most likely because you were having your knees come over your toes. Try to sit further back and push your knees out as you lower down to keep your shins basically vertical. That should help to reduce your ROM and still hit depth which will help alot in high rep sets

No shoulder pains or aches after the shoulder prehab I've been doing which is great. However the new thing is hip pain, could be not squatting right.

Cardio Day:

Bit of a walk, then jog the legnth of a soccer feild and back, Stretches

July Challenge: Suicides: with a screw up, didn't do the last suicide. (did four broken up w/pushups.) for what it's worth: 13:38

then 20-25 min of jump rope. LOUSY I was just exhusted from from doing the suicides.

While jumping I really really aggrevated my left hip, I think I will have to start skipping on the lifting plat form agian (or just do other activities that don't have the impact, which sucks cause I acutally like skipping).

Pull day

lacked energy going into the gym, took a lot of rest between sets.

poor warmup on the bike for 10 min.

Deadlifts:
sock feet, put the weights under puzzle mat peices, as per usual. but I also put peices togeter to stand on, and it seemed to help my hip.

Barx15
135x10
225x10
275x5
working sets
315x5 (was hoping I could do this for 5x5, but no way was that happening)
295x5x4

SuperSet between Wide grip chinnies x 5 and 135lb BORx10 - 4 sets of each.

Calf raises bw, one let at a time, 25 per leg x 4 sets

Shoulder pre hab:
Cuban Presses
Laying down side raise things

Ab work:
tried doing an ab-wheel roll out from the feet and failed, I managed to go out into a plank but when I went to extend my shoulders I collaped and fell on the damn wheel.

Back to basics: roll outs from the knees - 15x4

So my hips have been bothering me and my calves hurt like hell after working them sunday, feeling tired all the time sooo I took 3 days off. I know I need to sleep more than 6 hours a night and I really feel the need to start stretching before bed.

Today: the weather is so awesome I had to do the conditioning challenge again: this time in the evening so I got a time I'm fairly happy with 14:13

then did 100 ultamit burpies in just over 10 minutes. home for a warm/cold shower.

first day of lifting for a while :redface:

starting with squats

10 min bike warm up

squat warm up
bar x 10
135x 10
225x10

cycle 3 day 2

300x5
295x5
290x5
280x5
275x5

adding weight every time I do the cycle, feeling good.

Standing Presses:

barx10 (strict)
135x5x3 (push press)
115x5x2

BW Dips

8, 10, 10, 10

jumped on the bench and thought I could get through it quick
145x10 and my shoulder felt screwed teach me for no warm up

I took off and it was a good thing I did as I was running out of time (had to go to a cousin's wedding).

no time for gym, so did burpies (regular no push up) in the apt.

2 min round one min break
2 min round one min break
then 8x1 min round with 1 min break.

harder than I ever thought it woudl be. I thought I was goint to warm up with 2 min rounds and work into 3 min rounds. screw that.

Doms in my abs and ass now.

Pull Day;

10 min bike

Deads Lift
Bar x 25
135 x 10
225 x 10
305 x 5 x 5

Super Sets between BOR and chins
135 row x10
bw chin x 5
135 x 10
chin x 5
135 x 10
chin x 4
135 x 10
chnnies x3

arms were dead, dead, dead doing chins

bunch of face pulls (first time doing them, didn't feel anything as far as muscle strain, we'll see how the DOMS are tommorow). and cuban presses

abwheel roll outs from the knees 20x4

I've started amping myself up to squat since earlier week. Last night was a late night full of wedding stuff and as was this evening after a busy day at work. I didn't sleep well last night (too much caffine late last night). I drank my body weight in coffee today. Drank a big jug of gatorade whilt doing the following:

Warmup: 8 min on bike

Back squats
Equipment:
sock feet (as ususal, I need to buy some shoes) neoprene knee sleeve.

Barx15
135x12
225x5
275x3

T3 Day 3 Cycle 3:
330x3 (PR)
330x3
320x3
310x3
305x3

zercher squat:
barx15
135x12
135x15
115x15
115x12

Treadmill for 11 min
start off at a jog at 6.2 mph
then alternate for the following 10 min between a hard run (for me) at 8.5~9.2mph at 2~5 incline and a walk at 2.8~3.2 mph.

Total time in Gym: 50 min

Thoughts about the workout:

I'm obviously pleased about the PR. I was thinking racking the weight I should add another 5lbs... Oh well. I'm making solid steady gains. I haven't stopped yet so I really think I'm doing something right.

Zerchers hurt. I'll have to use a towel or a maxi pad next time.

I was running out of time at the gym, again life is getting hectic these days. So I was flying in my Zercher sets and jumped right on the treadmill.

I'm really open to thoughts on my running at the end. Should I be doing harder runs with longer breaks or try to keep a steady 10 min jog?

Back