"Free rides don't last forever." - Bad Boy CEO on Reebok deal

Their CEO is a class act. I feel bad for some of these mma apparel companies. Back in the day when ufc didn't have a lot of money to pay fighters, a lot of these companies kept the sport alive by paying athletes. It allowed ufc to keep putting fights and grow. Companies like bad boy, Hayabusa were keeping fighters paid when reebok thought crossfit was the way to go.

A lot of these companies will go under in the next few years, which is shitty to see as a fan of mma.

But outside a few big name fighters like Ronda and Aldo, most fighters just lost all their other sponsors.

That isn't true at all, but consistent with your other factually incorrect post

Was your former SD account as off as this?

It's partly under their control and it partly isn't.

Under their control: their image, their persona, their reputation, business sense and most importantly imo if they're a champion or not.

Out of their control: what they look like, who they know at companies that would pay them, how much push they get from the UFC

Georges had it right with a PR team and agents going out to look for opportunities FOR him. The difference being that he was a highly respected and highly dominant champion that put seats in asses. Someone like Keith Jardine (sorry Keith) is going to have a hell of a lot harder time securing a lucrative contract and some assclown like Thiago Silva is probably too busy getting arrested for something to even talk to sponsorship people.

See that is the flaw in everyone's arguments. The Keith Jardine's of the world don't DESERVE any sponsorship money for the reasons that you describe. Thiago Silva definitely doesn't deserve a dime of sponsorship money.

That isn't true at all, but consistent with your other factually incorrect post

Was your former SD account as off as this?

They lost enough sponsors to make it not worth fighting in the UFC anymore. Fighters have been saying since even before the deal took effect that sponsors were dropping them. Or is all of this hubbub from fighters about the Rebox deal just farting in the wind?

Sponsor tax, and paying the actual fighter the sponsorship money.... Not free. You were paying for the air time. And getting what you asked for. Sometimes. You could get 30 seconds if your guy get's ktfo.

Their CEO is a class act. I feel bad for some of these mma apparel companies. Back in the day when ufc didn't have a lot of money to pay fighters, a lot of these companies kept the sport alive by paying athletes. It allowed ufc to keep putting fights and grow. Companies like bad boy, Hayabusa were keeping fighters paid when reebok thought crossfit was the way to go.

A lot of these companies will go under in the next few years, which is shitty to see as a fan of mma.

"Oh well that's business tough shit" - a bunch of idiots on Sherdog.

These same cats probably defend oil companies and Walmart for their shitty business practices.

you know that ronda is sponsored by reebok, right

and ronda is huge, so

Only when she has a photo shoot coming up and she wants to look more feminine and accentuate her features

"Oh well that's business tough shit" - a bunch of idiots on Sherdog.

These same cats probably defend oil companies and Walmart for their shitty business practices.

If youre talking about dgt4now, do yourself favor and just look at his post history. It's almost all dedicated to either praising ufc or defending it. Easiest way to tell you're dealing with one of zuffas paid posters.

And at the rate he's going, he's bound to get a ufc fit boxset for his christmas bonus.

He's right. Sonnen tried explaining it. I've posted a couple times about it..

UFC let their fighters come out like minor league billboards to help the fighters and the sport. UFC is in a better spot, the fighters make more than they did in the past and they are cleaning their image up. People bitched about the massive amounts of ads. The fighters took advantage and got a lot of out it. Good for the them. But it was never a right, it was an allowed privilege.

This was always going to happen.

He's right. Sonnen tried explaining it. I've posted a couple times about it..

UFC let their fighters come out like minor league billboards to help the fighters and the sport. UFC is in a better spot, the fighters make more than they did in the past and they are cleaning their image up. People bitched about the massive amounts of ads. The fighters took advantage and got a lot of out it. Good for the them. But it was never a right, it was an allowed privilege.

This was always going to happen.

Zuffa always had the right to do it & I get wanting to look more professional, but the implementation was the shits.

As others pointed out, if they allowed fighters to keep one or two for a year & then eventually fade those out with other like Budweiser & Monster (across the board) the bitching would be a lot less

Zuffa always had the right to do it & I get wanting to look more professional, but the implementation was the shits.

As others pointed out, if they allowed fighters to keep one or two for a year & then eventually fade those out with other like Budweiser & Monster (across the board) the bitching would be a lot less

I agree on that. it's a shitty job by UFC and Reebok.

If youre talking about dgt4now, do yourself favor and just look at his post history. It's almost all dedicated to either praising ufc or defending it. Easiest way to tell you're dealing with one of zuffas paid posters.

And at the rate he's going, he's bound to get a ufc fit boxset for his christmas bonus.

Hahaha that's the pattern I'm seeing from that guy. It won't stop me from arguing with him so at least he feels kinda bad for shilling.

I agree on that. it's a shitty job by UFC and Reebok.

I won't put blame on Reebok.
They just made a deal in good faith.
Zuffa should have thought it through further.

You pay a bunch for a 30 second spots because you get to control most everything in a 30 second spot. Your product is the highlight for that 30 second spot.

Putting your logo on some trunks in the octagon - having it move, not be even facing the camera, get blood on it, while most viewers are focusing on two people beating each other up...

Jesus, why advertise on a commercial if having your logo on some trunks for 20-35 minutes is way cheaper and provides 40-70 times the exposure? God people are stupid... and this is a CEO?

I don't get you, are you saying the old sponsorship model was a good method or a bad one? The CEO is just explaining it in laymen's terms for people who don't know advertising. It sounds like you are saying it's a bad model, but evidently it made companies like Bad Boy fairly successful so they could sponsor some big name fighters like Machida, Shogun, Weidman, Gus, etc. People can and do skip past or zone out during commercials, but seeing a logo on the shorts of a fighter means guaranteed eyes on unless you skip the fight.

Hahaha that's the pattern I'm seeing from that guy. It won't stop me from arguing with him so at least he feels kinda bad for shilling.

Ha,
How dopey are you?
I know the other guy is a dope (I have him on ignore, but saw him in your quote), but in this thread alone ......

Ya know what?
You are too dopey ... I'll add you to ignore too & you and the other nitwit can converse in quiet lol

:D

Well let's see what it got you.

I've been watching MMA for a very long time. This is the first time I've ever heard of Bad Boy.

How could you have possibly have missed that?

Shogun, Lyoto, Weidman, Maia, Gus, etc. all have had Bad Boy walkout shirts.

I was wearing the Shogun UFC 104 hat today.

The Reebok deal is about control, not about making the sport look more professional.

Lately the Octagon is fucking crammed full of sponsors, decals and logos everywhere. Looks like shit, and that cash doesn't go to the fighters.

The Reebok deal is about control, not about making the sport look more professional.

Lately the Octagon is fucking crammed full of sponsors, decals and logos everywhere. Looks like shit, and that cash doesn't go to the fighters.

That is standard for other arena events too
Logo's everywhere

IMO, this is 100% about looking major league
I would not be shocked if Fox pushed it or its part of a bigger picture to sell.
Zuffa did all they could with UFC & selling & making that bank makes perfect sense

Well the UFC is losing control with all of this and hurting themselves while helping their competitors. Even their lap dogs are speaking out against it. I keep hearing from even them that "I understand it's just business" but when was business about bleeding folks dry and treating employees like shit? When did we just give in to that? Chik-fil-A had to accept the gays after public backlash but the UFC gets a pass for treating fighters and fans like morons because there are too many p*ssies who just chalk it up to business.

Back