"Free rides don't last forever." - Bad Boy CEO on Reebok deal

You pay a bunch for a 30 second spots because you get to control most everything in a 30 second spot. Your product is the highlight for that 30 second spot.

Putting your logo on some trunks in the octagon - having it move, not be even facing the camera, get blood on it, while most viewers are focusing on two people beating each other up...

Jesus, why advertise on a commercial if having your logo on some trunks for 20-35 minutes is way cheaper and provides 40-70 times the exposure? God people are stupid... and this is a CEO?

I've thought about this myself. It depends on the size and placement of the logo, I suppose. Something like Bad Boy taking up the whole space at the back is pretty hard to miss. If you're an enthusiast and thought it looked appealing, I imagine you'll look up "eyes MMA shorts" or something on Google, and boom, a new customer?

But if they're really small stuff, I confess I hardly ever notice it in the heat of battle.

1365vO8.jpg

He's right. Sonnen tried explaining it. I've posted a couple times about it..

UFC let their fighters come out like minor league billboards to help the fighters and the sport. UFC is in a better spot, the fighters make more than they did in the past and they are cleaning their image up. People bitched about the massive amounts of ads. The fighters took advantage and got a lot of out it. Good for the them. But it was never a right, it was an allowed privilege.

This was always going to happen.

This.

I do think UFC went about the entire thing absolutely the wrong way, but it was something that was bound to happen.

People keep saying that fighters will jump shit, but sponsors won't be paying as much to fight in bellator, and you won't be getting as much money most times either.

Fazing them out would have worked better I think, though I do think in the future UFC will get a few more big name sponsors to add, and the sponsor list will expand slowly, but now they have the power over it.

Even Nascar drivers have sponsor logos all over their firesuits and cars and they are pros in one of the biggest "sports" in the world.

Source?

Does anyone outside of the south eastern US watch nascar?

Let alone people out of the country?

That sponsor tax was what, 50k? That's practically free for the exposure they were getting.

The UFC isn't prohibiting any fighter from getting any sponsors outside of fight week Reebok obligations. If fighters can't secure sponsors under these conditions, it's 100% their fault. Rousey has to wear Reebok, but you don't see her having any problem with outside sponsors.

Dumb analogy...How many Ronda's are there in the UFC? You think every fighter in the UFC have the same arrangements as Ronda? She's a fucking champ and she has ppv share...what about guys in the middle of the pack? Unless you're top 5 in a division....i don't think you will live from the reebok money alone.

Source?

Does anyone outside of the south eastern US watch nascar?

Let alone people out of the country?

If you think Nascar is only televised in south eastern US...then you're dumber than I thought. ESPN covers nascar. Initally people just watch the cars but then you see m&m's, lowes reeses, home depot racing to the finish line and not the cars...

Well let's see what it got you.

I've been watching MMA for a very long time. This is the first time I've ever heard of Bad Boy.

C'mon bro. That's like saying you didn't notice Miesha go up like 3 cup sizes between Strikeforce and UFC.

Everybody thinks marketing doesn't work on them.

If you think Nascar is only televised in south eastern US...then you're dumber than I thought. ESPN covers nascar. Initally people just watch the cars but then you see m&m's, lowes reeses, home depot racing to the finish line and not the cars...

it was a joke because NASCAR is associated with rednecks...aka the south east.

You really think NASCAR is one of the biggest sports in the world though? No doubt its popular in the US....but the world?

It blows my mind that people can watch cars turn left for 4 hours straight. Give me some WRC anyday over fastest left hand turner.

So it was a free ride, and now there is less money? Sounds like Reebok is getting a free ride now.

Sure, 35 minutes of exposure if your fighter doesn't get knocked out in the first round.

To all you MMA fighters out there, who don't wanna be on a athletic footwear and apparel company where the CEO's...all up in the octagon on fox, all on the post fight press conference, dancin'...then come to Death Row!

it was a joke because NASCAR is associated with rednecks...aka the south east.

You really think NASCAR is one of the biggest sports in the world though? No doubt its popular in the US....but the world?

It blows my mind that people can watch cars turn left for 4 hours straight. Give me some WRC anyday over fastest left hand turner.

I watch WRC more than F1 & Nascar but Nascar has been around for decades now. If you think it's not a Major sports...I don't know what to tell you.

I watch WRC more than F1 & Nascar but Nascar has been around for decades now. If you think it's not a Major sports...I don't know what to tell you.

OMG. The guy I quoted first claimed the UFC was a "fringe sport" and that NASCAR is one of the "most popular sports in the WORLD"

Again, he said WORLD.

From my POV I would say UFC is much more popular on a global scale.

Which is why I simply asked for a source. If someone can show me something that says NASCAR is "one of the most popular sports in the world" that would be great.

If so, I didn't realize NASCAR was popular outside the US.

OMG. The guy I quoted first claimed the UFC was a "fringe sport" and that NASCAR is one of the "most popular sports in the WORLD"

Again, he said WORLD.

Which is why I simply asked for a source. If someone can show me something that says NASCAR is "one of the most popular sports in the world" that would be great.

nascar is fading even in merica, mma much bigger sport worldwide, bigger than american football

Again, he said WORLD.

I watched Nascar when I was in Portugal and follow them. I have a friend who came from Indonesia and said ESPN covers Nascar...he doesn't watch it but it's getting coverage. Time zone can be a factor why it's not that popular in some countries but yeah, they're well known world wide.

Well let's see what it got you.

I've been watching MMA for a very long time. This is the first time I've ever heard of Bad Boy.

Bad Boy has been putting eyes on fighter's asses since the 90's, especially Brazilians. You must be absolutely blind.

Back