"Free rides don't last forever." - Bad Boy CEO on Reebok deal

Well let's see what it got you.

I've been watching MMA for a very long time. This is the first time I've ever heard of Bad Boy.

Are you SERIOUS?????

Weidman, Maia, Gus, and Shogun have all been with Bad Boy for years.
You never looked at their ass during a fight?
The evil eye logo is Bad Boy.

Maybe you just trolled me....

Are you fucking retarted? Ronda has no issue getting sponsors so that means everyone shouldn't have issue.

Ronda also has no issue landing movie roles too

Calm your tits. I never said they shouldn't have an issue, I'm saying if they do, it's their fault, because the opportunities are out there - if they're good enough to get them.

40+ events per year with 12 fights per card over 6 years...... $24,305 per fight, right? Isn't that less than before? We'll just call it $25k per.

Not to many people are pissed the UFC got an official sponsor, I certainly don't mind. We're pissed the fighters are getting robbed.

damn.... a lot of fighters reading this probably thinking how short they sold themselves

That sponsor tax was what, 50k? That's practically free for the exposure they were getting.

The UFC isn't prohibiting any fighter from getting any sponsors outside of fight week Reebok obligations. If fighters can't secure sponsors under these conditions, it's 100% their fault. Rousey has to wear Reebok, but you don't see her having any problem with outside sponsors.

You can have outside sponsors, just don't be sporting any of their gear at anything related to the UFC.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYBODY SPONSOR A FIGHTER IF IT GENERATED ZERO INCREASED EXPOSURE?

I swear to Christ this place gets dumber every day.

You can have outside sponsors, just don't be sporting any of their gear at anything related to the UFC.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYBODY SPONSOR A FIGHTER IF IT GENERATED ZERO INCREASED EXPOSURE?

What are you nuts?
You don't think print ads, commercials, social media plugs, live appearances are exposure?

Tell that to every ad company

You are truly the dumb one for thinking that athletes can only make endorsement money if they have logos on their uniform lol

Well let's see what it got you.

I've been watching MMA for a very long time. This is the first time I've ever heard of Bad Boy.

No way.

20559ug.jpg

Calm your tits. I never said they shouldn't have an issue, I'm saying if they do, it's their fault, because the opportunities are out there - if they're good enough to get them.

I believe this is the case.

I think that wearing sponsored gear in the octagon was always less about the fighter and more about UFC level of exposure.

I'm not thrilled that the UFC took that away, but it was always theirs.

The head of Bad Boy would know I suppose. It just depends on net profits. Did they go up when your name showed up at a UFC show? And what was your return on investment?

For many years the fighters thought they were getting sponsored. In actuality they were just being paid to be living billboards. If a "sponsors" stopped working with a fighter just because they can not be shown in the cage then they were never a sponsor. They just paid you to be a billboard.

I still believe the Reebok deal is bad because at the end of the day the fighters are still taking a pay cut. The perfect Reebok deal would have been to have them provide the clothes while still having 3 to 4 sponsor areas for the fighters. The fighters would then get the Reebok money in addition to what they can get for the 3 or 4 sponsor spots. The Reebok exclusivity part is the real problem.

That 10 days per year you're required to wear Reebok gear = only exposure a fighter can ever get? Talk about being retarded. Who's out there stopping fighters getting exposure on TV? Print media? Social media? Non-UFC live appearances? Why are all these sponsors flocking to Ronda Rousey, she has to wear Reebok gear like everyone else in the UFC.

Next time think before you type m'kay?

You pay a bunch for a 30 second spots because you get to control most everything in a 30 second spot. Your product is the highlight for that 30 second spot.

Putting your logo on some trunks in the octagon - having it move, not be even facing the camera, get blood on it, while most viewers are focusing on two people beating each other up...

Jesus, why advertise on a commercial if having your logo on some trunks for 20-35 minutes is way cheaper and provides 40-70 times the exposure? God people are stupid... and this is a CEO?

Plus you can explain the product.
I have no idea what 90% of the logo's are in an MMA fight.

What are you nuts?
You don't think print ads, commercials, social media plugs, live appearances are exposure?

Tell that to every ad company

You are truly the dumb one for thinking that athletes can only make endorsement money if they have logos on their uniform lol
Yet that's been the model for MMA sponsorship since the beginning. As soon as Rebox took over and companies couldn't advertise on fighters' shorts, they stopped sponsoring the fighters. Even if they could wear their sponsors' logos in appearances outside of UFC run events, apparently it wasn't worth it to sponsors anymore to do so. If it was still a significant source of income and exposure for the sponsor to sponsor a fighter who could only wear their product at these one-off appearances, they'd still be sponsoring fighters. But outside a few big name fighters like Ronda and Aldo, most fighters just lost all their other sponsors.

Back