Frankie Edgar warns McGregor: "Aldo is a different animal"

Uphill battle for sure because he has already managed to piss off 3 guys in Frankie, Mendes, and Aldo. Well, we know he has screwed with Aldo and Mendes and if he hasn't with Frankie yet, he will.

Conor hasn't seemed to figure out yet that for certain opponents you want to talk shit and get in their mind but for others it may be best to keep your mouth shut, no need to get the wrong guy fired up. If he tries to intimidate Aldo and runs his mouth full tilt he may just get the ass kicking of his life.

You keep poking a dog with a stick and see what happens. Some guys you can go out 100 mph hype, other guys you need to ease off the gas and do respectful hype. Cormier came screaming at the champ got humbled & spanked and sent back, now Conor want to jump the octagon and scream at Aldo?

Bringing the "Chopkick".... for your ass...!

you've noticed him, have you? get a room bro. sherdog ain't the place to be giving out shoulders to cry on

Oh so you've noticed me, have you? Get a room bro, cause I'm going to cry on your shoulder so hard I'll be sopping wet and you'll have to lay my quivering body down by the fire to dry me off.

I'm a Siver fan and pretty much he is a solid fighter but not great. I'm a fan because he's entertaining and always brings a good fight.

He's probably never going to be champ, but he is perennial top 10, and only loses to top 5 fighters. Maybe our definition of great is different.

No, I mean bigger men. Without being able to research it as I'm at work I'd bet that every one of Edgar's opponents were taller but also heavier on fight night and probably rangier. Yes, Edgar used a different attribute as an advantage over his opponents. That doesn't at all diminish the fact that he was a smaller guy beating bigger guys who had advantages over him.

I would heavily bet you are right. HE cut almost no weight for 155, so at 145 anyone cutting over 10lbs would also be "bigger" than him. I doubt he has faced anyone who was equal or smaller than his size in a very long time.

I think Aldo's biggest asset in this fight is his lack of English. Conor can't get in his head as easy.

Win/win for Edgar:
- More money for the FW division, bigger paydays
- Gets to chillax for a few months while CMG hypes a fight on a mic
- If CMG loses, Edgar's clearly the next guy in line
- If CMG pulls off the fluke upset, hey... easy road to the title (until Aldo comes back)

Edgar is just running that pimp game on his filly.

I think Aldo's biggest asset in this fight is his lack of English. Conor can't get in his head as easy.

Perhaps, although Aldo seems to have his own way with words at times.

More importantly is that Aldo is a far more dangerous fighter when he is fired up. When his competition is too easy to outclass he tends to under perform but when he is challenged he gets fierce. He looked like he wanted to murder Mendes in that last fight. I want to see that version of Aldo in his next fight.

Please! Come on Edgar, you don't know what you're talking about. There's no way that a former LW Champion that has fought Aldo would know more than the Shertards on here. The only advice you should give is to read the forums.

Please! Come on Edgar, you don't know what you're talking about. There's no way that a former LW Champion that has fought Aldo would know more than the Shertards on here. The only advice you should give is to read the forums.

Fighters often get it wrong. Look at how many fighters thought Cormier would beat Jones.

McGregor worries me because he keeps his chin wide open while throwing punches, and doesn't use enough head movement, or use his shoulders enough to protect his chin. He does get hit quite a bit too. So far his speed and length have carried him really well, and his chin has held up beautifully. I just think when someone who is just as fast, with power and technique faces him, that chin will get tested repeatedly. Aldo will be that guy in my opinion. We will see if Connor can keep the distance, avoid damage, and inflict damage all at the same time, against a guy like Aldo........

This

Aldo at his best is really a level above the guys at featherweight. He's just never out of position, constantly looks technical and sharp. Economical, crisp, clean. Power from everywhere.

The only real criticism you can make about Jose is his gas tank is not elite. It is competent, but not elite. I am willing to bet at 155lbs his cardio would like very high caliber. The pace of featherweight and a serious cut fight week is clearly hard on him.

All the fighters that have fought Aldo know that he is a different kind of fighter. The only only people that don't seem to know it are Conor McGregor and his fans so it should be pretty hilarious in the end.

Couldn't the same be said in reverse order? Its been said in every fight he had so far barring Siver and he destroyed everyone of them.

TJ was saying just last week that Mcgregor is a good fighter. Yesterday he couldn't decide if Aldo would beat him. You could clearly see that he was seriously impressed by his skills when he said "I'm rooting for Aldo but I don't know, Conor can fight"

Edgar wants McGregor to win, that much is obvious to me. Despite a lot of you saying he did good against Aldo, that fight wasn't really that close. He'd have a better chance against Conor, though I haven't see enough of Conor's TDD and groundgame to say anything about that for sure. So no, I'm not singing the same old "Conor is untested", just saying it's easy to see why Frankie would think he has a better chance of winning the belt if McGregor was champ.

Conor is a savage and he has made MMA fans out of people who otherwise did not follow the sport... That being said... Aldo is NOT Siver or Dustin or Brimage ..

I think Aldo is going to brutalize him.

They are both very good, but Jose Aldo has proven himself. He has many 5 round fights, he has crazy athleticism, some of the best Thai boxing, if not the best in all mma. He also has underrated head movement, it's not as flashy as Anderson Silva, but he slips just as many shots. He knows when to rest, how to rack up points, finish rounds etc. He also knows he can beat McGregor, not from delusional confidence, but confidence gained from a lot of high level experience. They are both good to have, but the 2nd is much better.

I can see McGregor walking right into some things he doesn't expect. He is used to his opponents crumbling before him & that won't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back