Frankie Edgar warns McGregor: "Aldo is a different animal"

Siver is a legit badass and has only lost to very top fighters in the UFC. People crapping on him in order to dump on Conor disgust me.

I'm a Siver fan and pretty much he is a solid fighter but not great. I'm a fan because he's entertaining and always brings a good fight.

You mean taller men. Not exactly the same thing. Also, he used his speed to his advantage, so he was just relying on a different physical attribute, not necessarily a better one.

No, I mean bigger men. Without being able to research it as I'm at work I'd bet that every one of Edgar's opponents were taller but also heavier on fight night and probably rangier. Yes, Edgar used a different attribute as an advantage over his opponents. That doesn't at all diminish the fact that he was a smaller guy beating bigger guys who had advantages over him.

Its pretty safe to say Conor is a different animal also. Thats why this fight is so exciting. I dont think Aldo can handle the power on a consistent basis. I feel Conor is more dangerous.

You mean where he was almost finished twice, vs a guy with virtually no finishes in his ufc career?

You mean taller men. Not exactly the same thing. Also, he used his speed to his advantage, so he was just relying on a different physical attribute, not necessarily a better one.

Frankie didn't really cut any weight most of the top LWs he faced could fight at WW and his smaller size was an advantage?

If Mcgregor can handle or control the leg kicks, he will dispose of Aldo imo. Not because he has better movement, technique or anything like that. But because he is taller, has an impressive reach advantage and most of all because he seems to have a granite chin. He can eat a couple shots but those long arms will land and when they do they will hurt Aldo. McGregors physiognomy is his biggest asset imo.

LOL @ how eager the fanboys are to show they know better than Frankie Edgar.

McGregor worries me because he keeps his chin wide open while throwing punches, and doesn't use enough head movement, or use his shoulders enough to protect his chin. He does get hit quite a bit too. So far his speed and length have carried him really well, and his chin has held up beautifully. I just think when someone who is just as fast, with power and technique faces him, that chin will get tested repeatedly. Aldo will be that guy in my opinion. We will see if Connor can keep the distance, avoid damage, and inflict damage all at the same time, against a guy like Aldo........

This. McGregor is not a complete fighter. He is a good offensive kickboxer who uses his length well to land hard shots. Putting aside the glaring questions about his ground game, he hasn't shown to have good striking defence.

Edgar needs to shut up. He will get his shot soon enough and his head would be placed right next to Aldo's

His head will be placed next to Aldo's in the center of a poster.

Obviously he isn't a Sherdog poster or else he would have said that animal was a pussy cat and Conor was the Lion and that Aldo should just give up now so he doesn't hurt himself

Also Siver broke my heart too. Its ok. He will be back.
I cant believe there is an actual Siver fan. Wow.

Aldo is totally a different level than anyone Mcgregor fought and we can't say the same for Mcgregor in regards to Aldo's comp.

Mcgregor can go in there and prove my last sentence is incorrect and I think he has the tools to do it. I think people will realize how tough he is in the standup dept.

I've seen you post a lot, and I think this is the first time I have seen you swoon so much over a fighter.

Is there something else going on that you would like to share with the class?

you've noticed him, have you? get a room bro. sherdog ain't the place to be giving out shoulders to cry on

Edgar is 5'3.

Also i struggle to see how the calibre of fighter one has fought has anything to do with how Aldo v Conor plays out.

conor hasnt faced 1/10th the ability ighters aldo has...so what?

Chad mangled aldos face, if conor hits him as much as chad did the fight wont last long. pillow hands mendez.

Please delete this troll account and uninstall all of your browsers.

Thank you ~ The Sherdog community.

sorry but jan 2015 sherdog accounts > frankie edgar

I'll bump this twice. Once after McGregor wins a tough fight against Aldo, and a second time after he changes Edgar's life with uppercuts in late 2015/2016.

Back