Frankie Edgar warns McGregor: "Aldo is a different animal"

Obviously he isn't a Sherdog poster or else he would have said that animal was a pussy cat and Conor was the Lion and that Aldo should just give up now so he doesn't hurt himself

Also Siver broke my heart too. Its ok. He will be back.

Conor doesn't need your advice, Edgar, you lost to him. Keep your thoughts on Aldo strategy to yourself.

Obviously he isn't a Sherdog poster or else he would have said that animal was a pussy cat and Conor was the Lion and that Aldo should just give up now so he doesn't hurt himself

Oh no. Dennis Siver's only fan is butthurt.

To be fair, Conor also said that Frankie was a weaker version of Chad. They were both wrong.

Oh no. Dennis Siver's only fan is butthurt.

Oh come on, I am not his only fan.

I am not mad Conor won but yes I hate seeing one of my top all time favorite fighters lose. Of course that sucks. He is getting up there in age so he only has a few more fights in him probably before he retires

But I don't dislike Conor at all. I really cannot stand the trolling here that is happening. I think his fight with Aldo could potentially be a war that could be FOTY that would be absolutely epic

He came closer to beating Aldo than anybody else, including Mendes.

Conor hasn't even fought anybody 1/10th as good as Edgar or Aldo, so advice from someone who's fought the best of the best for the last 5 years should be very welcomed.

Conor will be in for a big shock when he's not fighting guys who don't even belong in the top 10.

He looked real shocked with that fight he predicted the exact outcome of, eh?

Real shocked.

Also Siver broke my heart too. Its ok. He will be back.

Yeah, back to beating people nowhere near McGregor. Siver knows his place.

He is a step-up, but Aldo hasn't faced many strikers (if any aside from hominick) the level of McGregor.

These bumps just keep on coming. :icon_lol:

LOL.

Conor will make a balloon animal with Aldo's carcass after he decapitates him.

jose Aldo has soo much skill and experience at this point it's crazy.

This will be Connors biggest test

Fans have it the other way around.

Aldo has fought guys with all sorts of high level abilities and has mastered defending the belt just as silva did and jones.

Nothing will be easy and these retards think Connor will ko him in a round? Unreal

Chad fought a perfect fight and Jose just adapted. Jose has shown he has amazing stand up and has a unrated ground game that can come into play. I'm not convinced Connor can hang with his speed since he gets hit and has fought no one with a fraction of Jose speed , skill , tactics and precision. I love Connors style but Jose is soo fast. Chad and frankly are stupid fast too and he won those games.

How will Connor react to the leg kicks?

What happens when he has to change his game plan or style?

How will he fight we rocked or not pushing the pace ?

All we have seen is him bully people.

Who's the retard?

Yeah, back to beating people nowhere near McGregor. Siver knows his place.

He is a step-up, but Aldo hasn't faced many strikers (if any aside from hominick) the level of McGregor.

I had always said Siver was never making a title run and Aldo would've taken him out in the first IMO and easily. I know his place too. Still my man

As for Conor and Aldo...I kind of see it playing out a bit like Aldo vs Lamas. Lamas put up a legit fight and IF Conor is better he could win where Lamas didn't.

Can't say Conor has much to offer Aldo that he hasn't already seen but I think it has the makings for a hell of an epic fight

That's pure truth right deer! Aldo has deep real burn to keep what he has if you know the Jose Aldo story it's like from deep rags to riches that belt represents more than just being the champ of his division.

Conor his doing a good over the top job of hyping the fight and he's putting the fire back in the belly of Aldo and I thank Conor for that. Conor can't get in his head Jose is much too serious to play head games with.

Didn't see any of your comments in the last few days.

All the shit you talked over the last year was shoved down your throat in 13 seconds!

Sit down :)

McGregor worries me because he keeps his chin wide open while throwing punches, and doesn't use enough head movement, or use his shoulders enough to protect his chin. He does get hit quite a bit too. So far his speed and length have carried him really well, and his chin has held up beautifully. I just think when someone who is just as fast, with power and technique faces him, that chin will get tested repeatedly. Aldo will be that guy in my opinion. We will see if Connor can keep the distance, avoid damage, and inflict damage all at the same time, against a guy like Aldo........

Gotta love the people who board hype trains like nothing and then talk shit on somebody who chooses to like fighters they obviously know aren't the best. Wonder if they will still be as vocal about being huge fans when Aldo runs through him.

Gsp fans were always amusing in the regard mentioned above. Talk shit every single fight GSP is in. lol. Congrats, you chose to like one of the best fighters in the world, just like anybody can choose to like any fighter they want. Don't think it gives you the right to talk shit every single fight, like it's actually you in there fighting or something lol...but what do I know...

McGregor worries me because he keeps his chin wide open while throwing punches, and doesn't use enough head movement, or use his shoulders enough to protect his chin. He does get hit quite a bit too. So far his speed and length have carried him really well, and his chin has held up beautifully. I just think when someone who is just as fast, with power and technique faces him, that chin will get tested repeatedly. Aldo will be that guy in my opinion. We will see if Connor can keep the distance, avoid damage, and inflict damage all at the same time, against a guy like Aldo........

Bingo

With Connor's striking it's a matter of quality over quantity. That left straight comes so fast and hard his opponents literally cannot deal with it. You can't move your head out of the way, or block it. It's .3 seconds from start to finish. That leaves .05 seconds of movement to do something about it.

Aldo is going to get clocked early and it will be a WTFfest from then on. Watch Connor's fights. After that left connects a couple times all his opponents go into survival mode.

Aldo's only hope is avoiding that punch. Aldo might have some freaky coordination, but as Chad Mendes has proven, Aldo's reflexes are normal. He got tagged repeatedly by Mendes who has a slower punch than Connor.

Aldo needs to get in close and brawl as fast as he can. Blitz>clinch>dirty boxing/TD/sub

Good call dude.

Aldo Muay Thai is too strong, Connor is legit but he aint ready for the big boys in this division.

Aldo via TKO Rd 2

Please! Come on Edgar, you don't know what you're talking about. There's no way that a former LW Champion that has fought Aldo would know more than the Shertards on here. The only advice you should give is to read the forums.

Coming from a true Shertard

McGregor fan dealing with reality

All the fighters that have fought Aldo know that he is a different kind of fighter. The only only people that don't seem to know it are Conor McGregor and his fans so it should be pretty hilarious in the end.

At first I was favoring Conor to Decision Aldo..but he does get tagged a bit. You do not want to be tagged by Aldo often. Plus it's hard to come up from under Aldo once he takes you down. Dat BJJ control is very good.

Every time I have doubted McG I have been proven wrong.

I'm done doubting.

Oh come on, I am not his only fan.

I am not mad Conor won but yes I hate seeing one of my top all time favorite fighters lose. Of course that sucks. He is getting up there in age so he only has a few more fights in him probably before he retires

But I don't dislike Conor at all. I really cannot stand the trolling here that is happening. I think his fight with Aldo could potentially be a war that could be FOTY that would be absolutely epic

I greatly approve of this post in particular. Rising above like it's your job dude.

Edgar said something I said myself that all this performance and sound bites he's offering are only feeding Aldo. I might question Conor's road to the belt and the true depth of the talent that Conor as fought, but I would never question his ability & skill as a fighter.

Aldo knows Conor is making a lot of noise following Dana's WWE character script. Those who know Aldo knows he's a very low key and serious champ so this is perfect for him Conor can take the spotlight and perform dog tricks for the media and the champ can just focus.

I got no real hate for Conor it's more towards the ga ga girlyboy fans I admit he's exciting and a beginner package fighter for the casual, the new fan, and I've seen a few veterans around here now sporting Conor head & wrist bands. Aldo will stop & derail this hype train coming to a ppv near you....

All the fighters that have fought Aldo know that he is a different kind of fighter. The only only people that don't seem to know it are Conor McGregor and his fans so it should be pretty hilarious in the end.

It is Connor now that is "different", Aldo just belongs in the Chad and Frankie category.

Conor doesn't need your advice, Edgar, you lost to him. Keep your thoughts on Aldo strategy to yourself.

I've seen you post a lot, and I think this is the first time I have seen you swoon so much over a fighter.

Is there something else going on that you would like to share with the class?

Hmm lets see: Edgar is a pro-fighter, and you are, well... nobody

I'd say wiser man listens to Edgar here

Back