Frankie Edgar warns McGregor: "Aldo is a different animal"

Gotta love the people who board hype trains like nothing and then talk shit on somebody who chooses to like fighters they obviously know aren't the best. Wonder if they will still be as vocal about being huge fans when Aldo runs through him.

Gsp fans were always amusing in the regard mentioned above. Talk shit every single fight GSP is in. lol. Congrats, you chose to like one of the best fighters in the world, just like anybody can choose to like any fighter they want. Don't think it gives you the right to talk shit every single fight, like it's actually you in there fighting or something lol...but what do I know...

GSP fans? He fought every good fighter there was and had Penn & Hughes fans hating on him constantly when he was humble.

Frankie is a top 3 all-time LW who fought in a division where he was clearly undersized, and who has only lost to Gray Maynard, Bendo and Aldo. And we have a keyboard warrior calling him 'beta'.

Pathetic.

Myth. Remember all those times edgar got out-muscled and bullied by the huuuuge lw's that had an enormous size advantage against him?

Spoken like a true Conor McGregor fan, just spit it out and analyze it later. Typically any trained combat fighter will seek out the help and advice of another opponent who as faced the man you will be fighting. And given that man is a LONG standing champ that advice is even more beneficial.

But it's Conor Bless, please forgive and disregard....

Reading you explain that reminded me of GSP and how many different people and styles he would train. A true professional. Back in the day, and even now when a fighter lost to another guy he would actually seek him out and say hey, you beat me ass, I need to come train with you at your facility. That is the true spirit of learning to fight and yea, you want the opinions and help of every fighter you can get if you really want to be your best.

Conor doesn't need your advice, Edgar, you lost to him. Keep your thoughts on Aldo strategy to yourself.

Frankie is a tough guy and possibly a HOF fighter. He is the toughest SOB in MMA. Watch the fights with Maynard if you doubt it.
He is a smart fighter. He is a former champion who derailed a giant in mma, BJ Penn. Conor looks awesome but so did roger Huerta.
Conor is very good and very entertaining but he hasn't beat a top fighter yet. He will get to fight several soon. He'll get aldo then if he loses, mendes. If he wins, rematch or Frankie. Frankie and Chad will take him down and Aldo will tag him so we will soon know.

Edgar needs to shut up. He will get his shot soon enough and his head would be placed right next to Aldo's

Myth. Remember all those times edgar got out-muscled and bullied by the huuuuge lw's that had an enormous size advantage against him?

Just because Frankie wasn't often bullied by bigger guys doesn't mean he wasn't undersized, if anything that's more a testament to his abilities to cope with fighting larger men.

Obviously he isn't a Sherdog poster or else he would have said that animal was a pussy cat and Conor was the Lion and that Aldo should just give up now so he doesn't hurt himself

Also Siver broke my heart too. Its ok. He will be back.

Siver is a legit badass and has only lost to very top fighters in the UFC. People crapping on him in order to dump on Conor disgust me.

Edgar needs to shut up. He will get his shot soon enough and his head would be placed right next to Aldo's

Your disrespect should be dub worthy. Edgar has done more to earn a shot than Conor, even though I want Conor to get the shot.

I'm sure Brimage, holloway, porier, and Siver think Conor is a different animal too.

McGregor worries me because he keeps his chin wide open while throwing punches, and doesn't use enough head movement, or use his shoulders enough to protect his chin. He does get hit quite a bit too. So far his speed and length have carried him really well, and his chin has held up beautifully. I just think when someone who is just as fast, with power and technique faces him, that chin will get tested repeatedly. Aldo will be that guy in my opinion. We will see if Connor can keep the distance, avoid damage, and inflict damage all at the same time, against a guy like Aldo........

I notice this too. its almost as if he believes he will get the better shots in, which he always does so far. I love his style but his striking defense will be tested against the faster aldo.

And he did better against Aldo than Conor will.

He was gifted one round. Very impressive. Care to do a sig or av bet that mcrgegor will win more than one round?

"Siver broke my heart (laughs ). But McGregor brought excitement to the division . We all have to thank him. I'm not happy of losing the chance to fight for the belt , but he deserved . But Jose Aldo is a different animal ,he has speed and controls the distance as no one".
http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...mcgregor-jose-aldo-e-um-animal-diferente.html

A lot of folks here at Sherdog say that Conor McLame is the best thing ever invented since anal sex and KY, and I believe them, so Frankie Edgar has no business talking about the FW division or Aldo's amazing skillset.
no, wait....

Frankie is a tough guy and possibly a HOF fighter. He is the toughest SOB in MMA. Watch the fights with Maynard if you doubt it.

You mean where he was almost finished twice, vs a guy with virtually no finishes in his ufc career?

Just because Frankie wasn't often bullied by bigger guys doesn't mean he wasn't undersized, if anything that's more a testament to his abilities to cope with fighting larger men.

You mean taller men. Not exactly the same thing. Also, he used his speed to his advantage, so he was just relying on a different physical attribute, not necessarily a better one.

He is a smart fighter. He is a former champion who derailed a giant in mma, BJ Penn. Conor looks awesome but so did roger Huerta.
Conor is very good and very entertaining but he hasn't beat a top fighter yet. He will get to fight several soon. He'll get aldo then if he loses, mendes. If he wins, rematch or Frankie. Frankie and Chad will take him down and Aldo will tag him so we will soon know.

Uphill battle for sure because he has already managed to piss off 3 guys in Frankie, Mendes, and Aldo. Well, we know he has screwed with Aldo and Mendes and if he hasn't with Frankie yet, he will.

Conor hasn't seemed to figure out yet that for certain opponents you want to talk shit and get in their mind but for others it may be best to keep your mouth shut, no need to get the wrong guy fired up. If he tries to intimidate Aldo and runs his mouth full tilt he may just get the ass kicking of his life.

Edgar is 5'3.

Also i struggle to see how the calibre of fighter one has fought has anything to do with how Aldo v Conor plays out.

conor hasnt faced 1/10th the ability ighters aldo has...so what?

Chad mangled aldos face, if conor hits him as much as chad did the fight wont last long. pillow hands mendez.

How a fighter with his last 4 of his last five wins being out of Ko/tko via punches haves pillow hands o_o ? 3 of those ko's being on the 1st round.

Back