Frankie Edgar is pissed: "The 'C' In 'UFC' stands for Conor."

Everyone who is shitting on Frankie didn't watch the Dana announcement on Sportscenter last night. Dana flat out said tthat Frankie Edgar and Jose Aldo turned the fight down." He mentioned nothing about Frankie being hurt, he just made it sound like he said no because he was out of shape, similar to Aldo.

Obviously he's going to be frustrated about missing this opportunity again, but it really sounds like he's more pissed at the UFC. It doesn't sound like he is pissed at Conor at all

Ultimate Fighting... "Conor?" Did Frankie graduate kindergarten

And all these fuckers whining about being hurt, here's a novel idea - TRAIN SMARTER.

Or keep going through life blaming your goddamn groin for all your problems, Ultimate Frankie Championship

1.gif

Not a fan of this sore loser.

how can he be upset with the UFC at all if he got the call but was unavailable. the fact that they called him means they are looking out for his interests.

if they didn't call him i could understand him being upset. but his groin tear is all on him.

If frankie wants to be mad at someone he should be mad at his manager.

his manager is the same manager that RDA has. which means when it came down to it, his own manager pushed the conor/rda fight and put frankie on the back burner.
If you read the rest of the article it sounds like Frankie is mad about the way Dana framed the news that Frankie couldn't fight Conor. Dana acted like Frankie refused or backed out of the fight with no regard given to the injury, and Frankie's afraid that perception is going to be used against him by Dana and co. regarding future title shots. "We already gave you a shot and you didn't want it."

In the end it sounds like he's just fed up with being marginalized and thrown under the bus when it's convenient for the UFC, and I can't blame him.

Do people read before they comment??

Read the whole damn article - the reason he isnt happy with Dana:
1. Dana said he "refused" the fight, when he has a legit injury.
2. Frankie noted even if he said yes, there is no guarantee he gets the fight. He accepted the fight at UFC 189 -- but did he end up fighting Conor? No
3. Hes also pissed the UFC kept telling him to leave 55 and go down to 145, but then all of a sudden Conor needs a fight at 155, and they ask him to move up - double standard.

All fair points
You know half these people are semi-illiterate lol!

Dana is a scumbag for sure but he's brought the sport a long way since it's beginnings. With that said, it's really time for him to go and for someone else to take the reins and lead the sport into the next phase. He can't do it, he's not professional enough imo!

Don't worry... Conor will fall and the rustling will switch sides.

frankie will be so emotional when he does fight conor he will pay the price early,very sore whinger.

UFC sent their ninjas to tear Frankie's groin and break RDA's foot to protect Conor.

What is Frankie even bitching about? Conor is the reason he had the opportunity for a big money fight. He promotes himself well and therefore every opponent of his has a huge opportunity. Not his fault Frankie injured himself.

I'm just wondering, how many huge PPV's has McGregor headlined?

how can he be upset with the UFC at all if he got the call but was unavailable. the fact that they called him means they are looking out for his interests.

if they didn't call him i could understand him being upset. but his groin tear is all on him.
He's not mad that he didn't get the fight; he's mad that Dana is making him look like a chump by saying Frankie refused to fight but didn't mention the part about the injury, which of course is a perfectly legit reason to not be able to compete. Can't blame Frankie - Dana has a history of doing this kind of thing, making fighters look bad when they can't/won't take a huge fight on short notice. Remember him publicly blaming Lyoto Machida for UFC 133, or Jon Jones for UFC 151?

I actually didn't know Frankie had said yes to the Conor fight last July - he definitely should have gotten that shot instead of Mendes.

I assumed Frankie was out because he wanted a title fight. Oh well, I think Diaz is a more exciting trash talking extravaganza, and both speak English to a certain degree.

Did you read the OP? He said he sent the UFC an MRI of his injury, they knew he was hurt and couldn't fight when they called him so Dana could go on ESPN and say 'We offered Frankie Edgar the fight and he turned it down'

Because he was hurt and they knew it, so they knew he couldn't take the fight more scummy bullshit from the UFC and Dana White, how come they didn't call Frankie last year when he was healthy when Conor needed an opponent?

Lol, yeah that weak ass boring decision Max got over Stephens is way better than knocking Chad out in the first round, be fucking real.
Yeah, they've just tried to perpetuate the "everybody's scared of Conor" narrative, and, what's worse, these boneheads are lapping it up. RDA broke his foot and got called a pussy because of the way it was reported by a lot of non-mma pseudo news sites. They said he "pulled out", making it sound like he just didn't want the fight.

If frankie wants to be mad at someone he should be mad at his manager.

his manager is the same manager that RDA has. which means when it came down to it, his own manager pushed the conor/rda fight and put frankie on the back burner.

Nah they were pushing frankie,his own manager was the one who was writing all them tweets calling conor out etc

Conor is shooting for the stars moving up all the way to the 170 division, while little Frank is stuck at 145 waiting to fight Aldo for the vacant belt.

McGregor - Edgar will never happen. McGregor will never fight at 145 again.

The way I interpreted this is Frankie is not bitching he can't fight because of a torn groin. He is upset Dana made it sound like Frankie turned down the fight for no good reason after Frankie lobbied so hard for the fight. I think TS didn't put the quote in context.

Back