Frankie Edgar is pissed: "The 'C' In 'UFC' stands for Conor."

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
"I got a call from Ali saying that Rafael Dos Anjos got hurt, and [the UFC] had texted him, ‘will Frankie fight him at 155?’ And, I’ve been hurt for the past four weeks," a fired up Edgar told MMA Fighting on Wednesday. "I’m pissed off for a couple of reasons. I’m pissed off that I’ve got this opportunity slip through again. I’m sitting here, I’m the one who’s been trying to fight this guy for months now. I’m flying myself to Vegas on my own dime to lobby to get a fight with this guy and now here comes the opportunity, and I’m hurt and I can’t take it. I haven’t done anything in four weeks. I didn’t just pull my groin, I tore it. I sent Dana and everyone in the UFC my MRI."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...sed-at-ufc-says-the-c-in-ufc-stands-for-conor

Ultimate Fighting Conorships

how can he be upset with the UFC at all if he got the call but was unavailable. the fact that they called him means they are looking out for his interests.

if they didn't call him i could understand him being upset. but his groin tear is all on him.

If frankie wants to be mad at someone he should be mad at his manager.

his manager is the same manager that RDA has. which means when it came down to it, his own manager pushed the conor/rda fight and put frankie on the back burner.

Gotta feel bad for Frankie. Dana has put a bit of spin on his turn-down of the fight however this is the best fight and I am psyched.
I wish frankie a speedy recovery and a title shot.

how can he be upset with the UFC at all if he got the call but was unavailable.
I think he's more just kinda pissed at life.

Can't blame him. Rotten luck

So Frankies pissed at the UFC and McGregor for getting injured and not being able to take the fight?

Fuck sake, UFC have asked him "can frankie fight at 155" so quit ya whining. Unless it was Dana that personally tore his groin.

What is Frankie even bitching about? Conor is the reason he had the opportunity for a big money fight. He promotes himself well and therefore every opponent of his has a huge opportunity. Not his fault Frankie injured himself.

It's actually called, "money". Get some.

Frankie is so butthurt. In my opinion honestly Max deserves shot at 145 title more than Frankie. Also Frankie should be fined for having dickhead manager.

All his negativity brought this on

I think he's more just kinda pissed at life.

Can't blame him. Rotten luck
he makes his own choices.

he is the one that stuck with the same manager as RDA when they were both wanting to fight conor, knowing full well that his manager would have to choose sides. that's not luck; that's stupidity

He's mad at the Ufc because he's not facing Connor yet he's injured and unable to fight?

Edgar's whining is getting fucking annoying

I thought Frankie was only after the 145 belt regardless of who held it. If that's the case why did he want Conor at 155 with nothing on the line? Maybe he's just after the payday like every other fighter out there begging for Conor.

He's mad at the Ufc because he's not facing Connor yet he's injured and unable to fight?

Edgar's whining is getting fucking annoying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back