Fox news: Doomsday glacier shows alarming temperature rise in Antartica

images

I'm no Titanic expert, but that ship looks like it is going to have a bad time.

I'm saying it has to do with weather patterns changes.
Yup we agree, as do the climate scientists that urban changes in land use can affect regional climate. This is how we started on this line of conversation:
I think contributing all climate change to CO2 is lazy and probably wrong. What about the albadeo?
What I am saying is it is accounted for in climate models- and as a whole it isn't warming the planet, but like you say does change regional patterns.

I've given you more information than you asked for lol

You want names ,sure Bernie , Warren and Biden for dem front runners , I don't mind Yang , he seems to know shit he wants to do needs to be paid for at least .

Treadeau , too far left and he's a spineless wind sock .

No. Actually you only just now provided what I asked for. What has Bernie proposed that you believe is too far left?

You mean like in the history of the planet? Or the history of the planet while it provided what 7 billion people need to live comfortably?
In the history of human civilization. Human arrogance is why these dorks in lab coats think we can effect climate.

I was just in Tahoe last week and there was so much snow there. Maybe someone should have told Tahoe it was supposed to be globally warmed.

In the history of human civilization. Human arrogance is why these dorks in lab coats think we can effect climate.
Do you have any evidence?

Are you sure human arrogance isn't why low-information Dunning-Kruger bumpkins think we can push greenhouse gasses to their highest level in a million years and not affect the climate?

I was just in Tahoe last week and there was so much snow there. Maybe someone should have told Tahoe it was supposed to be globally warmed.

Oh, you are a troll. Carry on

Do you have any evidence?

Are you sure human arrogance isn't why low-information Dunning-Kruger bumpkins think we can push greenhouse gasses to their highest level in a million years and not affect the climate?

Oh, you are a troll. Carry on
Do you?

Antarctica’s ‘doomsday glacier’ reveals alarming new trait to scientists

Scientists have detected unusually warm water underneath Antarctica's "doomsday glacier."

The team from Georgia Tech was able capture new images and first-of-its-kind data from deep beneath Thwaites Glacier -- which earned its "doomsday" nickname because it is one of Antarctica's fastest melting glaciers.

The waters at the ground line, where the glacier meets the sea, are more than 2 degrees above the normal freezing temperature, according to scientists.

"Warm waters in this part of the world, as remote as they may seem, should serve as a warning to all of us about the potential dire changes to the planet brought about by climate change," David Holland, director of New York University's Environmental Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, and NYU Abu Dhabi's Center for Global Sea Level Change, which conducted the research, said in a statement. "If these waters are causing glacier melt in Antarctica, resulting changes in sea level would be felt in more inhabited parts of the world."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/antarctica-doomsday-glacier-alarming-new-trait.amp

So you guys know that I am pretty skeptical of official narratives, and am conspiracy inclined right?

I used to be a climate skeptic.

I am not anymore, and stories like this are why.

I have issues with the narrative the media presents on climate change, but I don't think it is reasonable to say it isn't happening, nor that it isn't happening at an alarming rate.

Don't believe me. Believe Fox news.

Discuss.........
We really need to do something about China shitting up our oceans and creating all that smog.

I remember being in Xian some years ago.
high noon, sun barely visible in the sky due to
unreal smog.
yet ppl squatting at the bus stop like they do, SMOKING!
lol, if you get out of the cities however, it has some beautiful countryside.

The correlation between volcanos = melting doesn't hold up. if you look at your map of volcanos you will see plenty of activity around the tip of the Antarctic Penninsula. However, glaciers are actually growing there. Why? Maybe has to do with the fact the area isn't getting hit with warm CDW water and cooler Bransfield Straight water.
F1.large.jpg

mantle hotspots are old in even geologic time, they've are old even compared to glaciers:

The volcano thing is an easy narrative for people to wrap their heads around, because seriously, who the fuck understands glacial dynamics?

But if people realised that there was a massive- too massive to comprehend body of warm water that is being pushed up onto the shelf due to changes in broad scale wind patterns, they'd realise that the volcano thing is more like holding a lighter under a hot tub. Worth studying, like you mentioned, and important to understand stability of the ice shelf, but the CDW is providing 375 times - 37500% more heat to Pine Island glacier than the volcano underneath.

images

Oh I'm definitely not claiming to understand glacial Dynamics, but I do know that geothermal heat can be a factor.

For example, in East Antarctica it was discovered that part of a 3 km thick glacier has slowly been melting away from below.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46202255

I definitely think it is worth studying because nature is complex and in order to gain full understanding we must consider all the factors involved.

So lets do something about it then, besides brow-beating each other into higher taxes so politicians, with dick beaters for hands, can have more fuckin money!

No more fake up for women. All the pollution it creates to make the useless garbage, let alone ship it, creates a ton of pollution.

("Climate Change" just doesn't do it for me. It's human-made pollution of the environment. Plain n fuckin simple.)

How about using this thing called the fuckin internet to home-school our children, instead of busing/driving them to school to be beaten down into corporate consumer drones? Same for most office jobs. Home Office!

What about our plastic addiction? Make shit that lasts! That just might cut into sales for these "too big to fail" corporations, but who gives a fuck? Fuck you, rich kid! Go to fuckin work, like the rest of us, ya fuckin trust fund baby bitch!

There's lots of solutions to our pollution.

Anyone wanna go back to shittin in a hole in the ground and wipin your ass with the Sears catalog or a corn-on-the-cob? Or horse-drawn carriages?

Because that's what it will take. Real, actual CHANGE.

And fuck India n China, too! Dirty motherfuckers!
Well, at least you're making suggestions. Here are two off the top if my head:

Make planned obsolescence illegal. This falls under your heading if "make shit that lasts". From cars, to electronics to tools this is a seriously expensive proposition to the end user, but the days of buying things that would last a lifetime aren't that far behind us.

Outlaw single use plastics. Pretty self explanatory.

Yup we agree, as do the climate scientists that urban changes in land use can affect regional climate. This is how we started on this line of conversation:

What I am saying is it is accounted for in climate models- and as a whole it isn't warming the planet, but like you say does change regional patterns.
But in many news articles they site melting glaciers. Saying that the glaciers instead of reflecting sunlight are now creating more heat. Well where the glaciers were that is. They are unknowingly making the same argument that I am. That albedo changes the surrounding temp and impacts weather.

Back