Fox news: Doomsday glacier shows alarming temperature rise in Antartica

But in many news articles they site melting glaciers. Saying that the glaciers instead of reflecting sunlight are now creating more heat. Well where the glaciers were that is. They are unknowingly making the same argument that I am. That albedo changes the surrounding temp and impacts weather.

I'm not following. Ice clearly has high albedo. Reduced ice will reinforce global warming by reducing the light reflected away from the planes surface. Why do you think they are unknowingly making an argument?

I'm not following. Ice clearly has high albedo. Reduced ice will reinforce global warming by reducing the light reflected away from the planes surface. Why do you think they are unknowingly making an argument?
Because areas that were once forest and are now roads and parking lots would be a similar case. Yet those are in fact not. It can't be one and not the other.

No. Actually you only just now provided what I asked for. What has Bernie proposed that you believe is too far left?

Never go full retard.

You got your answer and you were wrong. Just because you're a simpleton that feels bound to every opinion of your political movement doesn't mean other people are. Just because somebody has some political views from the left doesn't mean he's hard left, same as nobody is hard right because he shares some political views with the right. It's not that hard to understand if you have a tiny bit of mental capacity.

I know in Murica you are playing this game of one tribe against the other and whatever the "opponent tribe" says has to be wrong. In reality you are not rooting for your tribe but just for some extremely rich people on both sides that actually have no problem with each other, because wealth connects. Trump and the Bushes are sitting at the dinner table with the Clintons and laughing their asses off about useful idiots like you.

Last edited:
Never go full retard.

You got your answer and you were wrong. Just because you're a simpleton that feels bound to every opinion of your political movement doesn't mean other people are. Just because somebody has some political views from the left doesn't mean he's hard left, same as nobody is hard right because he shares some political views with the right. It's not that hard to understand if you have a tiny bit of mental capacity.

How was I wrong? He hasn’t named one policy that is too far left for him. People can label themselves however they want, but it’s what they actually believe that determines where they fall on the political scale.

If self-labeling determined it, then China would be a republic, and North Korea would be a democratic republic.

How was I wrong? He hasn’t named one policy that is too far left for him. People can label themselves however they want, but it’s what they actually believe that determines where they fall on the political scale.

If self-labeling determined it, then China would be a republic, and North Korea would be a democratic republic.

He named Bernie Sanders, Warren and Biden, you fucking moron. After which you pivoted to "Ok, but what exactly did Bernie propose that was too far left?".

Give it a fuckin rest.

He named Bernie Sanders, Warren and Biden, you fucking moron. After which you pivoted to "Ok, but what exactly did Bernie propose that was too far left?".

Give it a fuckin rest.

Yes, but as I said, just saying it does not make it true. Again, what you actually believe/do/support in terms of policy will determine where you fall on the political scale. Not the label you give yourself.

Is North Korea a democratic republic?

Yes, but as I said, just saying it does not make it true. Again, what you actually believe/do/support in terms of policy will determine where you fall on the political scale. Not the label you give yourself.

Is North Korea a democratic republic?

For the purposes of discussions on internet forums people usually assume that self-proclamations are honest, because there is nothing to gain from a lie (as opposed to a political party or a country labelling itself). The alternative is people trolling, but the poster you quoted seems grounded and sincere to me. Do I have to explain the internet to you some more or are you good?

He told you that he provided more information than you asked for and he is right. He even told you the party he rolled with, I'm sure you can look it up. If you're unable to process that information that's on you.

Because areas that were once forest and are now roads and parking lots would be a similar case. Yet those are in fact not. It can't be one and not the other.
Forests have low albedo. What they get turned into is generally higher albedo. Black asphalt roads are very low albedo but are just a fraction of land use. Cropland and urban areas on average have higher albedo and reflect more light than forests. Just because tin roofs are hot to the touch in the sun and coniferous trees are not doesn't mean they are absorbing less total solar radiation per square metre.

Last edited:
Well, at least you're making suggestions. Here are two off the top if my head:

Make planned obsolescence illegal. This falls under your heading if "make shit that lasts". From cars, to electronics to tools this is a seriously expensive proposition to the end user, but the days of buying things that would last a lifetime aren't that far behind us.

Outlaw single use plastics. Pretty self explanatory.

*Like*

Anything but more tax revenue for do-nothing politicians. We're all in this shit together.

Another few suggestion would be reducing the cost of living, and having more buying power with our currency. So that when we buy things that last longer than cheap plastic stuff, it doesn't cost nearly as much.

Too bad for the too-big-to-fail crowd.

For the purposes of discussions on internet forums people usually assume that self-proclamations are honest, because there is nothing to gain from a lie (as opposed to a political party or a country labelling itself).

I never assume leftists are honest. In politics they lie because they know the general public won't support their far left ideas, and because leftism has failed badly every time it has been implemented. The leftists on this forum are no less despicable.

I never assume leftists are honest. In politics they lie because they know the general public won't support their far left ideas, and because leftism has failed badly every time it has been implemented. The leftists on this forum are no less despicable.

Do you realize that your assumption means that logically there are no moderate leftists and that there is only the hard left in disguise (as in Antifa = Bernie = Clinton = Roosevelt)?

That's the world view of a simpleton, which leads me back to: Never go full retard.

Say what lol

No , the grand canyon was never full of water .

That's a whopper lol

The Grand Canyon has been carved out by water.

So technically it was once full of flowing water.
(for a short time, that is)

Do you realize that your assumption means that logically there are no moderate leftists and that there is only the hard left in disguise (as in Antifa = Bernie = Clinton = Roosevelt)?

Moderate leftist is an oxymoron. All leftists are hard left. If you are slightly to the left you'd classify as a liberal. But as I said earlier, I think the middle ground is getting increasingly small. The Left's continual assault on Western Civilization has pushed so far that even your classic liberals now qualify as conservatives. The so-called middle ground is peopled only by the dumb and/or the dishonest.

That's the world view of a simpleton, which leads me back to: Never go full retard.

It's the worldview of a realist.

Moderate leftist is an oxymoron. All leftists are hard left. If you are slightly to the left you'd classify as a liberal. But as I said earlier, I think the middle ground is getting increasingly small. The Left's continual assault on Western Civilization has pushed so far that even your classic liberals now qualify as conservatives. The so-called middle ground is peopled only by the dumb and/or the dishonest.

Just because you're unable to differentiate between different opinions doesn't mean there is no difference between them. Incidentally the skill to differentiate correlates with historical knowledge and intelligence, which you are very obviously lacking. Claiming Stalin is the same as Sanders is as retarded as saying Hitler and Bush are on the same level (duh!).

You being unable to discern a difference between things that are clearly not the same doesn't make you a realist, it makes you a simpleton and a tribalist idiot. Why? Because reality tends to be extremely complex and most hard questions don't have easy answers.

Forests have low albedo. What they get turned into is generally higher albedo. Black asphalt roads are very low albedo but are just a fraction of land use. Cropland and urban areas on average have higher albedo and reflect more light than forests. Just because tin roofs are hot to the touch in the sun and coniferous trees are not doesn't mean they are absorbing less total solar radiation per square metre.
Asphalt has low albedo? That's interesting.
Seems the science is torn on if human development outside of emissions has an impact
https://www.jstor.org/stable/1748990?seq=1

Asphalt has low albedo? That's interesting.
Seems the science is torn on if human development outside of emissions has an impact
https://www.jstor.org/stable/1748990?seq=1
Yeah being black doesn't reflect much at all. Concrete the other hand, while similar in makeup has pretty high albedo.

That paper is over 40 years old, if you want a pretty recent synthesis on albedo and climate see the section of AR5 WG1 (2013) I linked earlier in the thread.

If possible, please stop being so dumb.

Yeah being black doesn't reflect much at all. Concrete the other hand, while similar in makeup has pretty high albedo.

That paper is over 40 years old, if you want a pretty recent synthesis on albedo and climate see the section of AR5 WG1 (2013) I linked earlier in the thread.
Thanks. I'll give it a deeper read.

Back