Fox news: Doomsday glacier shows alarming temperature rise in Antartica

So lets do something about it then, besides brow-beating each other into higher taxes so politicians, with dick beaters for hands, can have more fuckin money!

No more fake up for women. All the pollution it creates to make the useless garbage, let alone ship it, creates a ton of pollution.

("Climate Change" just doesn't do it for me. It's human-made pollution of the environment. Plain n fuckin simple.)

How about using this thing called the fuckin internet to home-school our children, instead of busing/driving them to school to be beaten down into corporate consumer drones? Same for most office jobs. Home Office!

What about our plastic addiction? Make shit that lasts! That just might cut into sales for these "too big to fail" corporations, but who gives a fuck? Fuck you, rich kid! Go to fuckin work, like the rest of us, ya fuckin trust fund baby bitch!

There's lots of solutions to our pollution.

Anyone wanna go back to shittin in a hole in the ground and wipin your ass with the Sears catalog or a corn-on-the-cob? Or horse-drawn carriages?

Because that's what it will take. Real, actual CHANGE.

And fuck India n China, too! Dirty motherfuckers!

People denying man-made climate change are on the same level of retardation as flat-earth and anti-vaccine people.

The only intelligent people denying it are the people profiting from the status quo.

Climate change is a fucking hoax. Show me one real proof that what's happening now has never happened before

Climate change isn’t a hoax. The fact that it has happened before is indicative of that.

What people, yourself included, misattribute is the rate of change as climate change versus an increase in the rate of change. This results in misinformation and this stupid debate.

You cant have it both ways.

In one breath climate aware, concerned for the future and our impact on the earth, plus its resources.
In another breath, The democratic party are pledging to spend insane amounts of money on new infrastructure, using up more resources, burning more fuel, paving the way for more people to migrate, more population.

I see a fuck ton of hypocrisy.

How would climate change that has happened in the past somehow invalidate climate change today? Are you saying that if we have a relatively sudden change in overall climate, it wouldnt be real if a similar occurance happened in the past? WTF kind of sense does that make?
Yeah, but show him one real proof though.

Climate change is a fucking hoax. Show me one real proof that what's happening now has never happened before
if I had to translate your post so I could use it in the heavies, it would be something along the lines of ''Tank Abbot is the greatest heavyweight in UFC History'' people would laugh so hard, just like we're laughing at your original War Room version

Last edited:
You mean like in the history of the planet? Or the history of the planet while it provided what 7 billion people need to live comfortably?

Ice cold bitch in High School who wouldn't put out but when she did,
she was referred to as the Doomsday Glacier
f819b98475bf3deb5df10ed77e3659cd26ce1f66.jpg

(I gave her that 'pearl necklace' btw)

Bruh, Chloe Sevigny....
giphy.gif

I think contributing all climate change to CO2 is lazy and probably wrong. What about the albadeo?
This isn't what happens though. I don't know what the fuck amadeo is, but climate models have long accounted for albedo and forcings other than carbon.

images

This isn't what happens though. I don't know what the fuck amadeo is, but climate models have long accounted for albedo and forcings other than carbon.

images
I've seen that before and don't see how changing woods and fields to fields and cities can have a cooling effect. In fact it's quite the opposite. As albadeo is the refleftivness of the earth's surface. And there are many areas that were once woods are now paved over which means those areas capture more heat now that would have in their former state

Pine island glacier is not doomsday glacier. They are hundreds of kms apart.

Both are the fastest melting glaciers in Antarctica and happen to sit right above a known volcano range in West Antarctica.

What people should ask themselves is: Why these two glaciers? What is causing them to melt faster than the rest of Antarctica?

The answer should be obvious.

I've seen that before and don't see how changing woods and fields to fields and cities can have a cooling effect. In fact it's quite the opposite. As albadeo is the refleftivness of the earth's surface. And there are many areas that were once woods are now paved over which means those areas capture more heat now that would have in their former state
It isn't albadeo mate. albedo.

Surface albedo is the ratio between reflected and incident solar flux at the surface. It varies with the surface cover. Most forests are darker (i.e., lower albedo) than grasses and croplands, which are darker than barren land and desert. As a consequence, deforestation tends to increase the Earth albedo (negative RF) while cultivation of some bright surfaces may have the opposite effect. Deforestation also leads to a large increase in surface albedo in case of snow cover as low vegetation accumulates continuous snow cover more readily in early winter allowing it to persist longer in spring. This causes average winter albedo in deforested areas to be generally much higher than that of a tree-covered landscape (Bernier et al., 2011).
See section 8.3.5 of AR5 WG1: https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/02/WG1AR5_Chapter08_FINAL.pdf

Urban areas have a slightly lower albedo then croplands, but the majority of land surface changes have been deforestation for cropland not straight to urban areas. Also while albedo changes may have a local, regional effect on temperature, the net change for global temperatures may be different.

No. But I guarantee you are a Leftist.
It's a fair question as not all climate change deniers are flat earthers but all flat earthers are climate change deniers , the level of science rejection is comparable .

If a leftist is someone slightly left of center then yes I am indeed a leftist .

Climate change has happened before. It is happening now. The earth is way more resilient than we give it credit for. People are panicking, but there were eras where the climate was much warmer than it is today in the past and the world didn't end.

Both are the fastest melting glaciers in Antarctica and happen to sit right above a known volcano range in West Antarctica.

What people should ask themselves is: Why these two glaciers? What is causing them to melt faster than the rest of Antarctica?

The answer should be obvious.

Except even for Pine Island, the research your source is based on says that the extra volcanic heat is negligible compared to :
"Based on the observed 3He excesses, the mantle-derived heat at the front of the ice shelf cavity is 32 ± 12 J kg−1 of seawater. This excess heat is small compared to the heat content of CDW20 (ca. 12 kJ kg−1), demonstrating that volcanic heat does not contribute significantly to the glacial melt observed in the ocean at the front of the ice shelf. This interpreation is consistent with our understanding of melt dynamics beneath the Pine Island Ice Shelf - that most of the basal melt occurs within the cavity, as a result of ocean heat supply20.:"

CDW = Circumpolar deep water, the heat source glaciers are exposed to as climate patterns in winds are driving more of it onto the Antarctic shelf.

They go on to point out that in modelling experiments that considered what a mantle plume under Thwaites would do:
"we note that the adjacent Thwaites Glacier proved largely insensitive to the presence of a mantle heat source. Basal friction is high beneath the Thwaites Glacier leading to significant basal heat production and the additional heat from a mantle plume did not drastically alter the ice stream velocity"

So no, the answer shouldn't be obvious. If it is, you don't understand the subject. The experts don't understand glacier behaviour that well yet. But they are certain there is a lot of melting and pretty sure that if volcanism plays a role, it isn't a primary one.

Climate change has happened before. It is happening now. The earth is way more resilient than we give it credit for. People are panicking, but there were eras where the climate was much warmer than it is today in the past and the world didn't end.

In the Triassic, we didn't require that the earth could provide stable ecosystem services to support 7+ billion people. Literally no one thinks the bar for concern over climate change is whether or not the planet will cease to exist.

It isn't albadeo mate. albedo.

See section 8.3.5 of AR5 WG1: https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/02/WG1AR5_Chapter08_FINAL.pdf

Urban areas have a slightly lower albedo then croplands, but the majority of land surface changes have been deforestation for cropland not straight to urban areas. Also while albedo changes may have a local, regional effect on temperature, the net change for global temperatures may be different.
Thanks for the spelling help.
Anyhow it's not just the temp change. It's the temp difference. Uneven heating is how weather occurs. More pavement means more uneven heating. Which is why I mentioned how this year the weather this winter is coming from China and not Siberia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back