Fox news: Doomsday glacier shows alarming temperature rise in Antartica

I think contributing all climate change to CO2 is lazy and probably wrong. What about the albadeo? China pouring more concrete in ten years than the US did in a century will change how weather occurs due to changing how and where the uneven heating of the earth happens.
Not too mention ocean pollution which also involves chemicals and fertilizers. But that is never discussed.
In Japan the weather during the winter normally comes from Siberia. This year is coming from China. That probably has to use China radically changing its albadeo in the past 15 years.

There's a smug satisfaction in living in a 'flyover' province while the coastal elites who would never live here because of our winters shit themselves.

It's from Fox News ... we surely can't take this serious right? Or is it ok this time.

f764d4d01bcb6984c99760579f3e85b5.gif

maybe

Honestly if a female did this in front of me i'd laugh my head off. Same if one did a striptease or a sexy dance, you know the ones where they keep running their hands through their hair trying to mess it up? Seriously, are there really males who think all that type of thing is a turn-on?
Personally i find it cringeworthy!
What is sexy about a woman pawing away at her own hair? More embarrassing than anything else.

Honestly if a female did this in front of me i'd laugh my head off. Same if one did a striptease or a sexy dance, you know the ones where they keep running their hands through their hair trying to mess it up? Seriously, are there really males who think all that type of thing is a turn-on?
What is sexy about a woman pawing away at her own hair? More embarrassing than anything else.
Rogan addressed your issue an said it would be perfectly fine to kiss your boyfriend in public. This was before he decided to support Bernie Sanders . :)

Considering the location
I'd say it's most likely due to volcanic activity

9455917.png

antartic-volcano-2-crop-3.gif

(map of all known volcanoes in Antarctica)

All in all there are over 100 volcanoes under the ice

Several kilometers under the ice, researchers have found evidence of an active volcano spewing large amounts of heat under Antarctica's fastest melting glacier.

By accident, a team of scientists from the University of Rhode Island's School of Oceanography have discovered biochemical proof of the existence of a volcanic heat source sitting just beneath West Antarctica's Pine Island Glacier, which is already in danger of melting rapidly into the surrounding oceans because of heat from climate change.
They were looking for traces of noble gases, including helium and xenon, but their findings have led to a new discovery that changes the way researchers approach the study of Antarctica's fast-melting ice.

The researchers discovered helium-3, a helium isotope that is almost exclusively found in the mantle and a significant pointer of volcanic activity. At first, they thought they were mistaken, but further testing confirmed the presence of helium-3 in the waters off the coast of the Pine Island Glacier, indicating that there is some form of volcanic activity taking place underneath.

"When you find helium-3, it's like a fingerprint for volcanism," Loose says. "We found that it is relatively abundant in the seawater at the Pine Island shelf."
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/...f-as-hot-as-iceland-s-most-active-volcano.htm

<WellThere>

Funny you say that; I saw the gif and said
“Self you just picked the wrong week to quit masturbating”

Climate change is a fucking hoax. Show me one real proof that what's happening now has never happened before

How would climate change that has happened in the past somehow invalidate climate change today? Are you saying that if we have a relatively sudden change in overall climate, it wouldnt be real if a similar occurance happened in the past? WTF kind of sense does that make?

Antarctica’s ‘doomsday glacier’ reveals alarming new trait to scientists

Scientists have detected unusually warm water underneath Antarctica's "doomsday glacier."

The team from Georgia Tech was able capture new images and first-of-its-kind data from deep beneath Thwaites Glacier -- which earned its "doomsday" nickname because it is one of Antarctica's fastest melting glaciers.

The waters at the ground line, where the glacier meets the sea, are more than 2 degrees above the normal freezing temperature, according to scientists.

"Warm waters in this part of the world, as remote as they may seem, should serve as a warning to all of us about the potential dire changes to the planet brought about by climate change," David Holland, director of New York University's Environmental Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, and NYU Abu Dhabi's Center for Global Sea Level Change, which conducted the research, said in a statement. "If these waters are causing glacier melt in Antarctica, resulting changes in sea level would be felt in more inhabited parts of the world."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/antarctica-doomsday-glacier-alarming-new-trait.amp

So you guys know that I am pretty skeptical of official narratives, and am conspiracy inclined right?

I used to be a climate skeptic.

I am not anymore, and stories like this are why.

I have issues with the narrative the media presents on climate change, but I don't think it is reasonable to say it isn't happening, nor that it isn't happening at an alarming rate.

Don't believe me. Believe Fox news.

Discuss.........
Why would you be a climate change skeptic?

You can look at historical temperatures yourself and see it. You can look at the immediate effects of man-made disasters such as the oil spills, fracking, and the islands of trash in the Pacific.

Why would you be a climate change skeptic?

You can look at historical temperatures yourself and see it. You can look at the immediate effects of man-made disasters such as the oil spills, fracking, and the islands of trash in the Pacific.

Not to mention extinction rates and animal populations in rapid decline.

Really hope this evil doomsday glacier melts before it crashes into whatever it's about to crash into :eek:

Climate change is a fucking hoax. Show me one real proof that what's happening now has never happened before

Huh? Your argument is that the climate can’t be warming now because it may have also happened in the past?

The climate naturally warms and cools. It is warming now. How is that a hoax?

Back