Fox news: Doomsday glacier shows alarming temperature rise in Antartica

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Antarctica’s ‘doomsday glacier’ reveals alarming new trait to scientists

Scientists have detected unusually warm water underneath Antarctica's "doomsday glacier."

The team from Georgia Tech was able capture new images and first-of-its-kind data from deep beneath Thwaites Glacier -- which earned its "doomsday" nickname because it is one of Antarctica's fastest melting glaciers.

The waters at the ground line, where the glacier meets the sea, are more than 2 degrees above the normal freezing temperature, according to scientists.

"Warm waters in this part of the world, as remote as they may seem, should serve as a warning to all of us about the potential dire changes to the planet brought about by climate change," David Holland, director of New York University's Environmental Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, and NYU Abu Dhabi's Center for Global Sea Level Change, which conducted the research, said in a statement. "If these waters are causing glacier melt in Antarctica, resulting changes in sea level would be felt in more inhabited parts of the world."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/antarctica-doomsday-glacier-alarming-new-trait.amp

So you guys know that I am pretty skeptical of official narratives, and am conspiracy inclined right?

I used to be a climate skeptic.

I am not anymore, and stories like this are why.

I have issues with the narrative the media presents on climate change, but I don't think it is reasonable to say it isn't happening, nor that it isn't happening at an alarming rate.

Don't believe me. Believe Fox news.

Discuss.........

Ice cold bitch in High School who wouldn't put out but when she did,
she was referred to as the Doomsday Glacier
f819b98475bf3deb5df10ed77e3659cd26ce1f66.jpg

(I gave her that 'pearl necklace' btw)

I spent a lot of time below the equator let's just say.
the humidity was intense

Edit: nevermind me. I dont wanna be a jerk anymore.

did someone say chlamydia change?

DOOMSDAY GLACIER

ALARMING NEW TRAIT

SCIENTISTS

FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND

TWO DEGREES ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Climate change is a fucking hoax. Show me one real proof that what's happening now has never happened before

Climate change is a fucking hoax. Show me one real proof that what's happening now has never happened before

Well considering a meteor probably wiped human life nearly off the face of the Earth 13,000 years ago, and ended the ice age, that might be a pretty high bar.

Wtf , all the bullshit we obsess over on this forum and a truly serious topic comes up and everyone is cracking jokes ?

Wtf , all the bullshit we obsess over on this forum and a truly serious topic comes up and everyone is cracking jokes ?

It's a good thing. It creates a better environment for thoughtful responses believe it or not.

Definately preferable to a talking point exchange devolving to veiled flaming.

Climate change is not a serious topic. It is a joke.

Why don’t you believe all the oil companies who did studies on this then hid the evidence

Last edited:
Not to mention rising see levels. Seen what's happening in Venice, lately?

It matters, but it isn't what worries me about it.

I'm convinced WWIII is coming in my lifetime, and climate change and technology innovation are going to be the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back