Forbes blasts the UFC after McGregor is compared to Ali

Goat cake.

houston-muhammad-ali-blows-out-the-candles-on-a-cake-baked-for-his-25th-birthday-in-houston-on-jan-171967-the-three-time-heavyweight-champion-who-turned-70-tuesday-is-still-a-b.jpg

lol

I swear these guys are so butthurt. It's a freaking comparison. Does Forbes know what a comparison is? It's not meant to be taken literally. You can't blame Conor for not being black and living during such a tumultuous time. You can't blame Conor for not being a historical icon yet, and still being in the middle of his journey. Remember how many people counted out Ali before the Liston fight?

He's also compared to Sonnen and Irish Bruce Lee. Anyone butthurt over those ones? Care to deconstruct why he's nothing like Bruce Lee or Chael?

Completely unnecessary article that takes comparisons too seriously.

the ufc needs to be called out on it's bullshit from time to time, is should be normal. but it's not connors fault people have compared him to ali or bruce lee, blame joe and whoever else said it, ufc marketing and whatnot.

It's an embarassing comparison, and I'm not even an Ali fan..

Dude has won a few fights and nas never had a big belt.. Doesn't have 20 fights yet, or even really close lol.. Yeah, the UFC says some pretty unaware things that makes me think they are not very smart sometimes, but Americans are growing more dumb and media reliant every day, so wtevr. Just blow it off, really. It's really kind of funny because of how stupid it is, enjoy it on that level. Like when the lady in 'Lost in Translation' tells Bill Murray that that fruit-cake show host is "the Johnny Carson of Japan," and then you see him and laugh a how offensive and stupid that was to say. Same thing here.

This article comes off as unnecessarily inflammatory. On top of comparisons to sports franchises that are 100+ years old, the author clearly is not into mma.

Perhaps Irish Michael Jordan would be less distracting?

For fuck's sake, perhaps by calling him the "Irish Ali"...all they meant was he's an Irishman who talks trash and has fast hands.

Honestly can't believe anyone thinks this is worth getting upset about.

I looked through this guy's contributions to Forbes on the website.

As far as I can see, this is the only time he's written on combat sports while there.

Ali was an asshole outside the ring, he stabbed Frazier in the back, a man who had helped him previously when he couldn't fight and support himself,

Also he is a Muslim who believes in black suppremacy

All thought the Muslim shit is w.e he also accused chuck wepner of calling him a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ on live tv

The UFC is making their own bed with this type of stuff. The more mainstream they are, the more criticism that will come their way.

I hate the word "Humble" but they need to be humble going into this next phase

True

those journalist dont know shit about combat sports, trying to compare the ufc with the nfl, nba,etc is just stupid

Forbes continuously produces drivel.

" it actually distracted from the actual qualities their star possesses."

Who writes this shit? Redundancy, tense changes, the wrong pronoun (UFC is a singular entity), all in one clause. This is turrible stuff.

And Muhammad Ali was a fantastic boxer but a total attention whore douchebag. Nobody should ever want to be compared to him as a human being. Beating your wife and breaking the law do not a hero make.

This is all Lorenzo's fault. Looks like he may be the one who needs to watch his mouth, not Dana, lol.

unfortunately UFC is much less a sport than a promotion focused on publicity to sell their product.

I don't even remember the last time I saw the WNBA on TV.

Last edited:
All this is just more promo for mystic Mac. Good job ufc. When was the last time Forbes referenced a ufc fighter?

Back