Forbes blasts the UFC after McGregor is compared to Ali

Forbes going hard... just a shame they don't know shit about MMA. Why are they having a go at UFC's competition when the NBA/NFL have absolutely no competition either? I hate journalism.

Also you're ranking these American sports with viewings when the world cup and champion league finals get billions of dollars worth of viewing.

You obviously do not know who Cassius Clay was. I will never understand why Sherdog fans feel the need to post in threads that they are utterly clueless of.

If you don't know, stay silent and you don't have to look stupid.

Forbes is. Screw it, I will not waste my time attempting to clue you in on Forbes.

I know, you have just "heard" of this newbie Journalism firm!

:eek:

If you are too (__________) Whatever, fill in the blank, to understand that Ali > McGregor by lightyears, and Forbes > You by a measure too large to quantify, just delete your account than!

The UFC is number 9 on Forbes' list with $100 million, and only has the WNBA ranked below them.

albn9.gif

The UFC is number 9 on Forbes' list with $100 million, and only has the WNBA ranked below them.

Someone should do a poll to determine if the UFC or WNBA has "better athletes."

"Bigger than Soccer"

World fuckinggg domination !!!

Step aside Forbes, the UFC is here to over !!!!!

Not a good comparison at all. Sometimes hyping up fighters can go way to far as in this case.

I definitely think comparing a #5 contender who has never won a major title and has stoppage losses on his record to Muhammad Ali is probably not wise.

The UFC is making their own bed with this type of stuff. The more mainstream they are, the more criticism that will come their way.

I hate the word "Humble" but they need to be humble going into this next phase

I thought this was tattooed on the side of your neck bro...

I'm a fan of Ali, but there are a lot of things I'm not a fan of about him. Being a huge Joe Louis fan, I found it insanely disrespectful when he mocked Joe and called him an Uncle Tom. Joe Louis is an American hero who practically dismantled the Nazi image single-handedly by KOing Max Schmelling. For whatever reason, Louis doesn't get the same respect like Ali, but he should. On top of what I said earlier, he was a true crusader or equal rights and a war hero. He was an amazing person, in and outside of the ring.

He also stabbed Frazier in the back. Frazier helped him out financially and even testified before congress and petitioned Nixon to have his boxing rights reinstated. Then during training, Ali dubbed himself the real black cultural icon and said Frazier was an 'Uncle Tom' and a pawn for white people- basically turning all black Americans against Frazier.

Ali did say things things that needed to be said, but he stepped over the line quite a few times. Stating blacks and whites should not be together, that interracial relationships aren't natural.

Whatever, I'm a fan, I just have an issue when people get worked up when people talk about him negatively, like he was an MLK type character, which he wasn't.

You are confused. Ali called Joe Frazier an Uncle Tom, not Joe Louis, whom he had a great relationship with.

Where do people keep getting this Ali beat women stuff? I have watched several documentaries (not that silly Ali movie) and none touched on any allegations of domestic abuse.

Well looks like the comment did what it was intended to do. Get people talking about MCgregor.

Ali is the African-American McGregor, no?

lol @ the ufc only being ahead of WNBA. This is why most experts refer to it as a pseudo sport.

Good for them, too. UFC panders to the lowest common denominator, the modern idiot with no knowledge of or respect for historical precedent. Run by a sychophantic company president who would talk up Justin Beiber or Allen Iverson as titans of significance if they were sitting next to him. Pretty much classless all around.

He did that to both.

Youre right, it was after Louis took shots at Ali for his stance about Vietnam and Ali called him an Uncle Tom. I just assumed he was talking about the more noted incident of how much it hurt Frazier to have Ali call him an Uncle Tom.

He did that to both.

I think he called a lot of (black) boxers Uncle Toms, it was like his favorite trash talk word. Which is pretty ironic considering how much of a social justice warrior Ali tried to be on black issues.

Back