Forbes blasts the UFC after McGregor is compared to Ali

Why is Ali so overrated as a person? He was not a very nice guy. At all.

Ali overrated as a person? Wow, this is new low. I guess person who throws his Olympic gold medal in river just on pure sense of injustice is overrated? Jeez

On topic, I bet UFC doesn't give two shits about Forbes. They hyped Conor, got a lot of views from casuals who bought into this, they will sell PPV well and thats all that matters to UFC.

Shameless by UFC? Yes, it was cringe worthy.

Last edited:
Ali being compared to the GOAT is pretty damn stupid.

No one thinks Ali was "Nice". He had balls. Gusto. Rage. Impact. Importance.
He would be the last person to describe himself as "Nice". After he came back from the Olympics, his life and views were based in a lot of inner turmoil and hate none of us can really imagine, and he used those things to become even greater than anyone thought he or any heavyweight boxer could be. Very important individual in modern culture. Very brave. Not nice.

Yes repeatedly and brutally beating your wife is really ballsy.

Ali overrated as a person? Wow, this is new low. I guess person who throws his Olympic gold medal in river just on pure sense of injustice is overrated? Jeez

On topic, I bet UFC doesn't give two shits about Forbes. They hyped Conor, got a lot of views from casuals who bought into this, they will sell PPV well and thats all that matters to UFC.

Shameless by UFC? Yes, it was cringe worthy.

Your ignorance is astounding.

Ali was an asshole outside the ring, he stabbed Frazier in the back, a man who had helped him previously when he couldn't fight and support himself,

Also he is a Muslim who believes in black suppremacy

Enlighten me please

Don't worry about those who have little sense of contextual history.

Ali was an asshole outside the ring, he stabbed Frazier in the back, a man who had helped him previously when he couldn't fight and support himself,

Also he is a Muslim who believes in black suppremacy
......... I'm going to let you think about the fact you put Muslim in on his list of things that make him an asshole.

At last, people who aren't blinded by nostalgia have entered the thread.

Apparently beating a guy with 9 losses is equivalent to winning the boxing heavyweight strap during boxing's American peak and winning a gold medal at the Olympics

It's common knowledge he indulged in his fair share of domestic abuse.

It's not, actually. I don't think I've ever actually seen a well grounded claim that would suggest with any surety that he beat any of his wives. If you have a source, I'd like to see it.

The comparison is one of the UFC's dumbest mistakes in the long run for a short-term gain. If Aldo beats McGregor pretty handily, then I'd say the UFC will be looking like a court jester. The fact that an arrogant individual like McGregor himself does not want to be compared the boxing legend should tell the promotion that they may have gotten carried away.

Back