International For non-american citizens. Who would you want to have as the President of the United States?

For non-american citizens. Who would you want to have as the President of the United States?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you want to Donald Trump or Kamala Harris as the President?

Just curious what the result numbers will be like.

Please vote honestly.

original.jpg

As a non-American, I'm not sure. Trump proved difficult for us Europeans to deal with, but he did push our leaders to invest more in our own defense (which I agree with) and was the first to actually confront China. However, I'm worried about the internal chaos and division he might bring to the US.

Harris is a bit of a non-entity in terms of foreign policy so far. We have no idea what she would do and I suspect a lot would depend on who she chooses as Foreign Secretary. I see foreign policy as one of her major weaknesses, because she has no experience or track record to speak of and I've only heard bad things about her attempts to intervene in policy as VP. On the other hand, she would probably lead a more internally stable US, which is a good thing for partners and allies.

On the whole, I think they are two exceptionally poor candidates viewed from outside. The attempts to rebrand Harris into Obama 2.0 are laughable to me - and Trump is an unpredictable and moody character.

As a non-American, I'm not sure. Trump proved difficult for us Europeans to deal with, but he did push our leaders to invest more in our own defense (which I agree with) and was the first to actually confront China. However, I'm worried about the internal chaos and division he might bring to the US.

Harris is a bit of a non-entity in terms of foreign policy so far. We have no idea what she would do and I suspect a lot would depend on who she chooses as Foreign Secretary. I see foreign policy as one of her major weaknesses, because she has no experience or track record to speak of and I've only heard bad things about her attempts to intervene in policy as VP. On the other hand, she would probably lead a more internally stable US, which is a good thing for partners and allies.

On the whole, I think they are two exceptionally poor candidates viewed from outside. The attempts to rebrand Harris into Obama 2.0 are laughable to me - and Trump is an unpredictable and moody character.

Well said man, well said. Thanks for your input.

He was absolutely correct to confront China, but it certainly came with mixed results, and that's because it wasn't particularly strategic. The tariffs especially were disastrous beyond the first round (people may recall they came in waves) and hit US agriculture the hardest, which is kind of ironic given that Rural America comprises a core base of majority support for him. I doubt DJT knew that it would catch the brunt of collateral damage, but his USTR Robert Lighthizer sure as hell did.

The FDI restrictions and export controls were much better. Normally, the former is considered a good economic driver and great for job creation because it entails foreign capital investment into stateside production. For China, their form of "FDI" basically amounts to buying up US tech assets. On the otherhand, the export controls largely choked off access to the materials, machinery, equipment, software, and services required for the CCP to raise a cutting-edge domestic semiconductor industry and it's something the Biden-Harris Admin has continued.

Voted doesn't matter. The entire system and culture is the problem, not any one particular political team or their chosen champion.

The idolising politicians, believing your team leader and their party is the messiah while the opposing team leader and their team is the Antichrist, the blind team cheerleading, the obscene vitriol delivered to those who follow the wrong team - even just identifying and labelling people based on their voting preferences - its all fucking bizarre and embarrassing, but we just shake our head and go "Americans"

Back