Float like a butterfly OR hit like a truck...a better way to throw hands!!

Let me tell you about the deep and hidden magic known as Print Screen. Or, if you want to get really fancy, the Snipping Tool.

No thanks...i will just snap a pic off the screen while bored at work or watching the fights on my big screen at home on the ranch

I spend my free time in the gym, working on my farm or surfing, not playing with a computer in moms basement

Im not to keen on "getting fancy"

My "snipping tool" is in the garage hooked up to an air compressor and used to cut metal

Anything to say about the biomechanics of weight transfer in punching or do you want to talk about your latest video editing software?

Anything to say about the biomechanics of weight transfer in punching or do you want to talk about your latest video editing software?
. Explain to us how anyone can throw a proper right hand without lifting the heal of the supporting foot

. Explain to us how anyone can throw a proper right hand without lifting the heal of the supporting foot

What the average student understands as a "proper right hand" (the cross) requires the lifting of the heel and the pivot on the ball of the rear supporting foot for "rotation"

This is actually a biomechanical fallacy in that the "rotation" experienced usually is the forward momentum pulling the athlete's foot off the ground as they tip forward-leaning most of their weight on their lead leg
leaning.jpg

It is radically superior to settle your weight down into a deeply rooted stance to transfer more weight into your strike...in addition the deeply rooted flat-footed striking stance is also much more effective for takedown defense

Traditional karate takes this Theory to its extreme
Screenshot_20200126-110029.png
In full contact fighting this is a unlikely scenario and it is slightly modified to be more logistically appliable

20200110_123812.jpg
20191226_110535.jpg
20191215_112933.jpg
20191227_133958.jpg
20191215_115827.jpg
20191227_132941.jpg
20191227_144227.jpg

What the average student understands as a "proper right hand" (the cross) requires the lifting of the heel and the pivot on the ball of the rear supporting foot for "rotation"

This is actually a biomechanical fallacy in that the "rotation" experienced usually is the forward momentum pulling the athlete's foot off the ground as they tip forward-leaning most of their weight on their lead leg
View attachment 717487

It is radically superior to settle your weight down into a deeply rooted stance to transfer more weight into your strike...in addition the deeply rooted flat-footed striking stance is also much more effective for takedown defense

Traditional karate takes this Theory to its extreme
View attachment 717489
In full contact fighting this is a unlikely scenario and it is slightly modified to be more logistically appliable

View attachment 717467
View attachment 717469
View attachment 717473
View attachment 717475
View attachment 717477
View attachment 717483
View attachment 717485

Yeah fuck the weight transfer:rolleyes:

Yeah fuck the weight transfer:rolleyes:

Well... weight transfer allows someone to impart much more Force into their strike with zero increase in biomechanical muscular effort

Athletes who are good at weight transfer in their striking hit harder longer and with less energy demands

Growing up in rural Asia my first exposure to striking was traditional martial arts that taught me to keep my foot deeply planted as I threw my strikes

As well my first exposure to the grappling Arts was in rural Asia and once again I was taught to keep my feet flat on the ground

Years later as a young adult I found myself in the same rings as Muhammad Ali (although not at the same time) where boxing trainers admonished me for not being "up on my toes"

I gave both Styles a try but it was clear to me that keeping my rear foot deeply planted into the Canvas allowed me to impart much more power into my strikes while utilizing no more biomechanical effort

Being a super heavyweight the Tippy Toe BS was always a silly fight fallacy that I tried to teach my athletes to avoid

*thats a cute little cartoon

Well... weight transfer allows someone to impart much more Force into their strike with zero increase in biomechanical muscular effort

Athletes who are good at weight transfer in their striking hit harder longer and with less energy demands

Growing up in rural Asia my first exposure was to traditional martial arts that taught me to keep my foot deeply planted as I threw my strikes

As well my first exposure to the grappling Arts was in rural Asia and once again I was taught to keep my feet flat on the ground

Years later as a young adult I found myself in the same rings as Muhammad Ali (although not at the same time) where boxing trainers admonished me for not being "up on my toes"

I gave both Styles a try but it was clear to me that keeping my rear foot deeply planted into the Canvas allowed me to impart much more power into my strikes while utilizing no more biomechanical effort

Being a super heavyweight the Tippy Toe BS was always a silly fight fallacy that I tried to teach my athletes to avoid

*thats a cute little cartoon
So the Karate punch is harder?

You do know that there are karate styles with much higher stance?

yeah...certainly

I remember the whole Bruce lee method being VERY controversial among the traditionalists as he advocated for a more western style of footwork and it certainly caught on with some karate gyms...especially the american "point karate " people

for a while I worked out with an all black kung fu club called "magic hands" way out in a west Louisville community center

they had a very different way of sparring that was truly awesome

PS...you are legendary on here,
nice to have you reading my threads

* point karate tends to REALLY put weight on the back leg but its goofy strike restrictions make it a laughable skill for MMA in many cases however I had an athlete that won an mma championship as with a point karate background

39155812_495259707603140_7013691159260168192_o.jpg

It's rare that I have a chance to learn lure so many shedoggies into my well-constructed trap

I assumed the Larry Merchant bomb would shut this thread down

however

I forgot just how little the shedog crowd knows about boxing

Why have you chosen an image of a guy that's completely off balance to represent the heel up method?.
And...doing a jab.
Why? Because he knows full well than no skilled boxer throw their power cross the way he advocates.

Why have you chosen an image of a guy that's completely off balance to represent the heel up method? Heel up or down, that guy doesn't know how to throw a punch.

There are many different ways to throw the same punch

some have certain advantages over others

the best fighters throw the smartest type of punch depending on the opportunity available and balance can sometimes be irrelevant

The plain simple fact is the hardest punches, with the least effort, that have the best TDD are thrown when you have a deeply rooted flat-footed stance that's what this thread is about

Even the wildest punches in boxing history knew how to settle down and throw a heavy duty cross with the flat rear foot

Attachments

• 20200127_105031.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200127_105031.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 1
And...doing a jab.
Why? Because he knows full well than no skilled boxer throw their power cross the way he advocates.
Screenshot_20191227-115251 (1).png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191227-115251 (1).png
    561.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back