Social Fixing California

Crime rate is 28th--right around the national average (little better). Tax rate is 11th, but it's more-progressive (or rather less-regressive--all state's tax regressively), so the median Californian pays relatively low rates.

What are home taxes like?

I had an appraisal last year. On a $879000, i pay $24,000 in taxes in ny

California is a popular place for celebrities and the ultra wealthy who hire bodyguards and live in gated communities? That's not news. The excessive taxation to fund illegals to prop up politicians, the housing shortages and restrictions on personal freedoms impact everyone else. Like crime does.

Stop, dude. @Jack V Savage already detailed how little sense your argument makes. In one breath, you're saying the state is expensive and flooded with impoverished illegals and in the other breath you're saying there's a housing shortage. Are ww to believe it's the illegals buying all the houses?

Plenty of normal, hard working people are having a great time enjoying Cali's weather and food and national parks and friendly people and art and history.

This is the same dumb rationalizing poor people in other countries say about America. "Oh, I would never want to live there. It's expensive and overpopulated and the politicians are corrupt." The reality is that most people only say that because they can't afford it.

Last edited:
Stop, dude. @Jack V Savage already detailed how little sense your argument makes. In one breath, you're saying the state is expensive and flooded with impoverished illegals and in the other breath you're saying there's a housing shortage. Are ww to believe it's the illegals buying all the houses?

Plenty of normal, hard working people are having a great time enjoying Cali's weather and food and national parks and friendly people and art and history.

This is the same dumb rationalizing poor people in other countries say about America. "Oh, I would never want to live there. It's expensive and overpopulated and the politicians are corrupt." The reality is that most pepple only say that because they can't afford it.

See, in that sense. Its where i find california and ny to be very similar. Its categorized by very limited sample sizes. People tell me they hate new New York because its crowded and people are rude. I'm dumbfounded how you can judge a state by one city. I live in an upper class suburb thats quiet as can be. But, people not from here think im walking outside hailing cabs, and stepping over bums to get to the subway. My life couldn't be more different.

This is the same dumb rationalizing poor people in other countries say about America. "Oh, I would never want to live there. It's expensive and overpopulated and the politicians are corrupt." The reality is that most pepple only say that because they can't afford it.

Yes. It's perfect and low cost, yet everyone is jealous because they can't afford to live there. Sounds like a California apologist.

See, in that sense. Its where i find california and ny to be very similar. Its categorized by very limited sample sizes. People tell me they hate new New York because its crowded and people are rude. I'm dumbfounded how you can judge a state by one city. I live in an upper class suburb thats quiet as can be. But, people not from here think im walking outside hailing cabs, and stepping over bums to get to the subway. My life couldn't be more different.

When people are talking about moving to NY, they are not usually talking about upstate NY (which is held hostage by voters in NYC) or Northern California when they talk about moving to Cali. So people are generally referring to the cities.

Again, the rural areas without the crime and problems are held hostage by the dependent voters in the cities. Bribed to vote for progressives with their welfare checks and subsidized housing funded by the big businesses and tax base built up over decades when they were conservative states. Same thing happening states like Colorado where progressive voters in Denver and Boulder don't reflect the rest of the state.

Thats Kimberly guilfoyle, theyve been divoced for quite some time. Hes been married for years to a different woman.
She's now dating Donald Trump jr
just lol at jumping from newsome cock to trump cock. you can't make this shit up

just lol at jumping from newsome cock to trump cock. you can't make this shit up
Talk about taking life advantages with your ass and titties. God bless that woman.

Funny shit is in the reality of life, trump jr and Newsom amd probably pretty identical. Take away his mask political crusade, and he's just another rich guy living way better than us.

Yeah, that's why I only mentioned NYC. When people say they hate "New York" they really just mean the city. And even then they often just mean Manhattan, not the boroughs.

Shut the fuck up - I am so tired of this right wing drivel. California is the best fucking state in the whole country, and right wing dipshit jealousy is getting crazy out of hand.

Know why people move? It’s too fucking crowded here. Too many people from shit kicker states coming here looking for work because right wing states are miserable fucking failures as states, leeching off our wealth and resources. Our rent is too high because our “communist government” deregulates rent control and allowing out of control rent spikes to take place.

I’d rather live in fucking stockton or Bakersfield before I’d ever move to a shitty right wing state. Fly over red states are a drain on the country and I’m fucking tired of the propaganda attacking California. You retards can’t have it so stop pretending like you are better than us. You are so much worse at everything that it’s fucking embarrassing we are even considered in the same country.

Bunch of right wing drivel god damn. So sick of this popping up,like every few weeks and you assfucks drool over it like it’s some sort of right wing gospel. Fuck you, fuck your hate and fuck anyone that shits on California while your own state is a massive shit hole.

Seek professional help

Yes. It's perfect and low cost, yet everyone is jealous because they can't afford to live there. Sounds like a California apologist.

It's not perfect, but it's definitely worth it if you can afford it.

There's literally nothing you may enjoy, other than perhaps swamps, that you can't find in California. There's nothing for me to apologize for. Cali has amazing food, technology, fashion, music, visual arts, weather, national parks, beaches, mountains, deserts, forests, sports, and wildlife and is the fifth largest economy in the world. If one lives in reality, there's not much one can say against it.

Life long Californian here. I love the positives more than then I hate the negatives. I live in Thousand Oaks and it’s beautiful. Mountains, beaches, skiing, hiking etc...all within a drive. everything you could possibly want.

But yeah prices are crazy. I make over 100k and I have to rent, couldn’t afford to buy a house here. Maybe a condo but I hate the thought of paying to share walls and have no backyard.

Homelessness is getting out of hand and also being a white non Spanish speaker, I’ve personally experienced and seen family members be denied work for not speaking Spanish which I think sucks.

Also taxes are crazy high here. Highest state tax in the country. Most expensive gas in the USA. My registration for my vehicle went up to close to 600$ due to a new registration tax from couple years ago. It’s hard on the wallet for sure but yet there is million dollar houses everywhere so you know lots of successful people who aren’t too worried about $. It’s the middle class like me that are getting squeezed out.

Also taxes are crazy high here. Highest state tax in the country. Most expensive gas in the USA. My registration for my vehicle went up to close to 600$ due to a new registration tax from couple years ago. It’s hard on the wallet for sure but yet there is million dollar houses everywhere so you know lots of successful people who aren’t too worried about $. It’s the middle class like me that are getting squeezed out.

And it will only get worse not better, as it has for two decades, since the only demographic the progressive politicians in California even care about now is Latinos, legal and illegal. And that was by design. So it remains paradise for people who have so much money they don't care about the costs and people whose existence is subsidized and relatives are given sanctuary so they vote for people like Newsom.

What are home taxes like?

I had an appraisal last year. On a $879000, i pay $24,000 in taxes in ny

Property tax is the biggest scam in the world. It makes no sense at all. My place in BKK is worth $700k and I pay $0 a year in property tax.

I would love to move out of ny, but simply cant afford to. My profession pays dogshit elsewhere.

I just did a road trip through California. Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoia. There are just too many people everywhere you go. The weather and scenery are second to none but there are just too many people to enjoy it. Wont be going back anytime soon.

So you're saying some of the most popular tourist destinations in the country are crowded in the middle of summer?! Shocking! Hint, 95% of the people you ran into don't live in California. The people that live around those areas know better than to visit at peak tourist season. Plan your trip better and you wouldn't be one of the suckers waiting in line for 3 hours to get into Yosemite.

Last edited:
Why the hate for Cali? I dont live there but it's a wonderful place to visit. Literally the only problems I can see are Wildfires,Earthquakes, illegal immigrants and astronomical cost of living.
If you can afford it two of those problems are no big deal. Mother Nature doesnt give a fuck though.

So you're saying some of the most popular tourist destinations in the country are crowded in the middle of summer?! Shocking! Plan your trip better and you wouldn't be one of the suckers waiting in line for 3 hours to get into Yosemite.
I meant everywhere not just those places. I worded it poorly. It is actually a great time to visit Yosemite. Aside from the valley it wasnt bad (relatively)

It's just expensive to live in great places because a lot of people want in. NY and California are starting to reach a leveing point where the influx slows because limited supply causes the cost to rise until it reaches beyond demand and then there will be a bit of overflow out of the market.

Not a big deal. Not the downfall of California. Just macro economics 101.

It looks like capitalism is alive and well in California. Costs of goods have risen to the point people are leaving which will lower costs of good and get people to move back. The financial power will stay and California will be economically stronger for it.

I'm just counting down the days until sea levels rise and flush California away. Then the first thing I'll do is doggy-paddle in Arizona Bay.

#learntoswim

Back