Social Fixing California

I just did a road trip through California. Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoia. There are just too many people everywhere you go. The weather and scenery are second to none but there are just too many people to enjoy it. Wont be going back anytime soon.

Last edited:
People moving in are dependent immigrants or those working like slaves and paying no taxes. Not other Americans. Certainly not those generating income. It's like in Virginia where the traditional voters have been replaced.

Incorrect. California's costs are high because millionaire and billionaire immigrants from other countries want to live there. The Saudi princes send their sons to school and live in San Diego, not Topeka. California has become the world's hang out spot for successful people.

This is a good illustration of bad thinking here. If this were true, we'd expect to see certain things in the stats. Falling average incomes, and maybe falling median incomes (as a number of 0 income individuals would push everyone else up the distribution without changing their incomes). So if you want to see if it's true, you'd just look up those numbers. Doesn't take a complicated model or a prediction you have to wait for. Just 2 seconds on Google (and, spoiler alert, it's not true).

Next question: Why would someone so confidently believe something that A) is easily checked, B) is clearly false, and C) that he obviously can't observe for himself? Either he's being deliberately lied to by media he trusts or he's extrapolating from images spread by that media to reach conclusions that are not justified by the evidence (like how seeing more murders on television could give someone the idea that murders are rising, even when the stats say otherwise).

All in all, just a really poor performance if the object is to get things right. It's very easy to avoid that and get things right if one puts in minimal effort.

And @The Diplomat, KiR's post is the kind that one can say is objectively bad and clearly motivated by some form of bias. You won't be able to demonstrate any examples of that kind of thing from me.

This is a good illustration of bad thinking here. If this were true, we'd expect to see certain things in the stats. Falling average incomes, and maybe falling median incomes (as a number of 0 income individuals would push everyone else up the distribution without changing their incomes). So if you want to see if it's true, you'd just look up those numbers. Doesn't take a complicated model or a prediction you have to wait for. Just 2 seconds on Google (and, spoiler alert, it's not true).

Next question: Why would someone so confidently believe something that A) is easily checked, B) is clearly false, and C) that he obviously can't observe for himself? Either he's being deliberately lied to by media he trusts or he's extrapolating from images spread by that media to reach conclusions that are not justified by the evidence (like how seeing more murders on television could give someone the idea that murders are rising, even when the stats say otherwise).

All in all, just a really poor performance if the object is to get things right. It's very easy to avoid that and get things right if one puts in minimal effort.

You could copy and paste this in just about every WR thread. How some people are comfortable with being wrong about very, very basic things stuns me.

I see so many people moving here from California throughout the years. Same in Texas and Arizona. California has hands down the best weather out of all 50 states and US territories and yet they're moving to ovens of a state like Nevada or Texas. I read recently that it's mostly middle class moving out and that there's more people moving out than moving in.
please stay the fuck out of texas. this place is a shithole.

go to some other state and increase housing prices two and three fold by buying shit sight unseen. and keep your higher taxes as well

I grew up in conservative Nevada but have spent most of my adult life in the States living in California and NYC. There are huge differences between the two. Complaints about NYC are valid. Complaints about Cali are jealousy.

When people complain about NYC, it's an argument of value. They say you don't get enough bang for your buck. And it's true. Unless you're truly in the 1%, NYC isn't worth it. You still have shit weather, you still probably have to ride the subway, you still regularly pass filth and homeless people and have limited access to beauty and nature. No matter how much you pay and how many museums you enjoy and how many shows you watch and how much good food you eat, you can't escape the negatives.

When people complain about Cali, it's about expense. It's not that Cali isn't worth the cost, it's just that Cali is costly. However, if you're upper middle class in Cali, you actually CAN enjoy the weather and food and nature and friendly people without having to deal with the squalor and falsity of LA, for example.

The people who complain about NY see it as a bad investment. The people who complain about Cali, like some in this thread, are poor, unambitious losers who are too lazy to get the things they want in life, all of which California offers at not impossible prices.

California is America: a place that offers maximum opportunity and enjoyment for those willing to work for it. All the whiners in this thread are just mad because they feel entitled to the cool life and nice beachside property that a bunch of hard working Chinese immigrants are taking from them.

You do realize NYC is not a state, correct? The bang for your buck complaints dont come from NYC residents. Its from people on long island, and the rest of the state that gets fucked to pay for the bullshit policies of NYC, along with its give everything away governor of the state.
Upstate new york (anywhere above nyc) is an absolutely beautiful state.
The unfortunate thing is that the majority of people who pay incredibly high taxes to live here are outvoted by the rich, the elite, and the uneducated poor who honestly believe theres no place like new york.

California has hands down the best weather out of all 50 states and US territories and yet they're moving to ovens of a state like Nevada or Texas.

Not a huge deal, but...

hicolor.gif

Yet the idiots from Cali who caused all of the bad conditions will then fuck up the areas they move to. They 'escape' California, then try to vote and change the new place into a new California. Like Locusts.
New York is a legit city. I'm currently chilling in NYC. Always a fun time here.
This was 2016. NYC was actually much bluer in 2018. Democrats even won Staten Island.

images

You do realize NYC is not a state, correct? The bang for your buck complaints dont come from NYC residents. Its from people on long island, and the rest of the state that gets fucked to pay for the bullshit policies of NYC, along with its give everything away governor of the state.
Upstate new york (anywhere above nyc) is an absolutely beautiful state.
The unfortunate thing is that the majority of people who pay incredibly high taxes to live here are outvoted by the rich, the elite, and the uneducated poor who honestly believe theres no place like new york.

The complaints I was talking about for NYC and Cali were by people from other states, not residents. People who don't live in NYC or NY at all complain about the value, which is fair.

Upstate ny isn't expensive at all, but why would anyone want to live in an empty, frozen forest?

Shut the fuck up - I am so tired of this right wing drivel. California is the best fucking state in the whole country, and right wing dipshit jealousy is getting crazy out of hand.

Know why people move? It’s too fucking crowded here. Too many people from shit kicker states coming here looking for work because right wing states are miserable fucking failures as states, leeching off our wealth and resources. Our rent is too high because our “communist government” deregulates rent control and allowing out of control rent spikes to take place.

I’d rather live in fucking stockton or Bakersfield before I’d ever move to a shitty right wing state. Fly over red states are a drain on the country and I’m fucking tired of the propaganda attacking California. You retards can’t have it so stop pretending like you are better than us. You are so much worse at everything that it’s fucking embarrassing we are even considered in the same country.

Bunch of right wing drivel god damn. So sick of this popping up,like every few weeks and you assfucks drool over it like it’s some sort of right wing gospel. Fuck you, fuck your hate and fuck anyone that shits on California while your own state is a massive shit hole.
<2>

This was 2016. NYC was actually much bluer in 2018. Democrats even won Staten Island.

images

I know NYC is democrat-land. That's the main negative here, other than the seasonal weather. Cost doesn't bother me.

Incorrect. California's costs are high because millionaire and billionaire immigrants from other countries want to live there. The Saudi princes send their sons to school and live in San Diego, not Topeka. California has become the world's hang out spot for successful people.

Keep going with that.

Keep going with that.

Your brain is telling you to just admit you don't know what you're talking about and leave the thread.

But your ego... your ego is telling you to keep posting.

Your brain is telling you to just admit you don't know what you're talking about and leave the thread.

But your ego... your ego is telling you to keep posting.

California is a popular place for celebrities and the ultra wealthy who hire bodyguards and live in gated communities? That's not news. The excessive taxation to fund illegals to prop up politicians, the housing shortages and restrictions on personal freedoms impact everyone else. Like crime does.

The complaints I was talking about for NYC and Cali were by people from other states, not residents. People who don't live in NYC or NY at all complain about the value, which is fair.

Upstate ny isn't expensive at all, but why would anyone want to live in an empty, frozen forest?

I see your point

7760512-6524885-image-a-20_1545582906842.jpg

let me see if i can find a better one, but this gives you an indication

Thats Kimberly guilfoyle, theyve been divoced for quite some time. Hes been married for years to a different woman.
She's now dating Donald Trump jr

California is a popular place for celebrities and the ultra wealthy who hire bodyguards and live in gated communities? That's not news. The excessive taxation to fund illegals to prop up politicians, the housing shortages and restrictions on personal freedoms impact everyone else. Like crime does.

Crime rate is 28th--right around the national average (little better). Tax rate is 11th, but it's more-progressive (or rather less-regressive--all state's tax regressively), so the median Californian pays relatively low rates. There are few restrictions on personal freedom. The housing shortage is a legitimate problem.

Back