Five round fights are unfair to the challenger. All fights need to be the same length of time.

It is weird that the championship fights are more rounds, and the main events. I like it, but it is weird.

Should the superbowl be a longer game?
How about the world cup?

Title fights should go until one guy gets finished

The fight should be as long as agreed to by both fighters. 1,3,5,7,9

Well this is why they have 5 round main events which doesn't go all the way alot of the times ...

Don't be a Zabit and train for a 3 round fight only, when you should be training for a 5 round fight so you can show you are of championship caliber.

Idk how u get likes from that nonsense post

thats his fault, you should be training your stamina for 5 rounds

Really? Optimally one prepares for a three round fight by training that is geared toward a three round fight. For most fighters, the most important fight is the one coming up. It could be the difference between staying in the UFC and getting cut. If not cut, being perceived as less of a contender. Training for extra rounds that don't exist in one's next fight can be counterproductive.

Really? Optimally one prepares for a three round fight by training that is geared toward a three round fight. For most fighters, the most important fight is the one coming up. It could be the difference between staying in the UFC and getting cut. If not cut, being perceived as less of a contender. Training for extra rounds that don't exist in one's next fight can be counterproductive.

Youre not constantly preparing for an opponent. There is time in between opponents until they announce the next one. Regardless preparing your cardio for 5 rounds would be smarter.

I would be happy to see the heavyweight slobs only go 3 rounds.

Everyone else can stay 5

Oh I see. You're mad about something and want to throw a hissy fit for no reason. Carry on then. Bud.

:kiss:
Oh, I see... you're on an MMA forum talking tough about MMA when MMA does dumb stuff which you don't personally experience fall out from but maybe get some paycheck from.<{1-12}>

They don't HAVE to fight 5 rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back