First Trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT

Trailer was perfect. It gave nothing away in regards to plot. I'm game.

Makes no difference QT can't develop much of a story/plot anyway.
He does write entertaining dialogue though. I'll give him that.

Love QT. This trailer does nothing for me.

RR can't pull together a film. He can make little pieces. He can add in scenes he thinks he needs, and cool shit. But for some reason the shit he writes barely has any heart. And PLANET TERROR is the worst offender. It's like home movies that are exceptionally well done, but lacking story supervision.

Say what you will about DEATH PROOF, at least it takes itself seriously enough feel more authentic.

Death Proof was just an experimental project he and Rodriguez did for fun.

The project was Grindhouse. Death Proof was Tarantinos half of the project. Also it was not just for fun. Tarantino was legit depressed when the reaction to Death Proof was largely negative as it was a very personal project to him. At least that was the word when I was an intern for the Weinstein co.

Deathproof is damn good. You fools just have no taste. Although I will say it's his weakest movie.

That would be Grindhouse. Alternate title was "First Movie Good, Second Movie Bad"

Funny thing is, going into it, I thought I would like Planet Terror more than Death Proof. But I came out thinking Death Proof was okay and Planet Terror sucked.

The project was Grindhouse. Death Proof was Tarantinos half of the project. Also it was not just for fun. Tarantino was legit depressed when the reaction to Death Proof was largely negative as it was a very personal project to him. At least that was the word when I was an intern for the Weinstein co.

Is that right? That's really interesting. I'd like to hear more of these stories.

I don't care about any trailers when it comes to QT movies. I'm in no matter what. I have loved everything he has done so far, even Death Proof.

Fuck the haters, DP is awesome.

Plus this scene is ridiculously gruesome and I love it.

I don't care about any trailers when it comes to QT movies. I'm in no matter what. I have loved everything he has done so far, even Death Proof.

Fuck the haters, DP is awesome.

I always hear Sonny Chiba's voice when I see your name Japanese Steel.

I always hear Sonny Chiba's voice when I see your name Japanese Steel.

LOL that's funny. IDK why but I just loved the sound of Japanese Steel when I first heard it in Kill Bill. Hatori Hanzo 4 lyfe son

I even named my car Japanese Steel. An old beat up Nisan Altima that is still running strong 15 years later. LOL

Why would you read the script before watching the movie? That's kind of lame.. I like to somewhat not know whats going to happen.

Just read the script - honestly, I didn't think much of it.

Why would you read the script before watching the movie? That's kind of lame.. I like to somewhat not know whats going to happen.

Normally I wouldn't. But this time I thought it would be interesting to read the script and build the movie in my head, and then see how QT's movie differed from my own.

Also, the draft that's floating around is only a first draft. QT has already said there are substantial changes that have been made, especially in regard to the ending.

Just read the script - honestly, I didn't think much of it.

First, I'm surprised you're already done with it. Second, I'm only up to page 50 but I've found it to be really entertaining so far.

Because the literary source is always better.

I wouldn't really agree with that. Consider this: If you could ONLY either watch movies for the rest of your life or read the scripts those movies are based on, which would you choose?

Also, I recently read Jurassic Park. I have to say I preferred the movie.

Back